VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My sister asks me to "back up" a copy of Confessions of a Shopaholic starring Isla Fisher and I began ripping and decrypting it with RipIt4Me and DVD Decrypter and it told me I did not have enough space which i found odd as i already had about 10GB free. So I deleted some old movies to get up to 20GB available space, but it still told me I did not have enough space and after looking at the disk it says it has 50GB on it I don't understand how this can be as it is just a normal DVD so should be at the most 8GB. Is this some new protection they are putting on disks to make them look bigger than they actually are or what. I have also tried it with DVD Shrink, but it won't go past 0%. If anyone has any suggestions before i get out my external Hard Drive they will be much appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Seriously....

Use current software that is updated.

Quote Quote  
  3. Bolt animation movie was the same, a dvd of about 50 GB, the movie was "stored" 10 times on the disc by using a fake TOC. I used RipIf4Me to backup it without any problem. It just take x times it took to rip a normal dvd since it rips several times the movie. (x was the number of occurences of the movie on the dvd)

Once it has been ripped, clear useless cells and clean the vobs, the ripped dvd will around 5 GB or less.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, it's new (or newish) protection to use fake TOCs to do this. Read Noahtuck's post. Then look at Baldrick's link to get software that is updated to deal with this.

Neither DVD Decrypter nor RipIt4Me have been updated in years due to legal issues that forced their creators to abandon the programs or potentially face ruinous lawsuits in the US court system. RipIt4Me may or may not work on such discs, but DVD Decrypter certainly will not, nor will DVD Shrink. The link in Baldrick's post talks about what works.
    Quote Quote