VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    After months of my windows media center tv working it all of a sudden start getting choppy or stuttering. The audio works perfect, but the video skips around and gets out of sync. The video will play fine for a little then start to lag and hold up on the screen, sort of like it can't keep up with the audio. I have updated all my drivers, video card and bios nothing helped, even downloaded and set nvidia video decoder as default for media center didn't help. I tried moving the tv tuner in different usb slot to make sure it didn't have to do with IRQ. Shut off my antivirus programs still nothing. I am getting high CPU usage around 70-90% when I watch tv if that might have something to do with it.

Anything to help improve my video quality or just get rid of this stuttering is greatly appreciated.

I am using:
    Windows Vista 32-bit Sp2
    Pinnacle PCTV 801e SE
    Nvidia Video Codec
    Intel 965 Mobile Express Chipset
    2GB Memory
    Intel Core2 Duo T5250 @ 1.5GHZ 1.5GHZ
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    defrag, remove old programs, free up some more space on the hdd, turn off programs in the background, empty caches, etc...
    Quote Quote