VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a couple questions about this recorder.

1. Can someone please post a link to where I can download the manual?

2. Can someone please point me to where I might find firmware updates?

3. Would someone please refresh my memory? What can I copy from DVD to HD? I understand it not allowing me to copy store bought DVD's, but I tried a DVD that I authored myself and that's a no go too.

I've gone a while without using this recorder very much, so a refresher would be a big help. The manual would be an even bigger help.

Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi. I just bumped into this message. I do have the manual in PDF format and I can email it to you. You can email me at goguerra@miners.utep.edu Also, firmware updates do not exist for this unit and RCA does not have this unit on their website as a supported device. Although the unit will not record copy right protected DVDs, it should record the self authored DVDs and I think the manual might help you on this one.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    SWEET! Thanks for posting the Manual as a link. I had no resources in doing that . Thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
  4. i have the DRC8030N DVR and it keep on turning off after i installed digital cable box to this unit i think Time Warner Cable fried this unit. it will not stay on every time you turn it on and turns it self back off all the time after i installed digital cable box on thit unit it started this problem i use to work on cable with out a box fine this unit is a brand new unit i just paid for it 3 days ago. i reinstalled it to a cable line with same problem it seems to be cutting back off every 30 secends or so. i think the cable comapny damaged this unit. How can i prove it?
    Quote Quote  
  5. i need help with my DRC8030N i think the cable company time warner cable damaged my dvr unit DRC8030N.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hey Fred. Thanks for posting in this thread. The most probable cause for this problem is the power board inside that supplies power to the DVR. If this is the case, a coaxial input/output cable will not fry any circuitry and it appears that it is just an unlucky coincidence that the DVR shows the symptoms just as the cable box was connected. What you can do is open the DVR up (while it is disconnected from any power source) and check the power board for any burnt components (pay attention to the yellow capacitors). Then, unplug the power connector that feeds the hard drive and DVD-RW and connect the DVR to a power source and see if it will stay on longer this time (even though it will simply display "HELLO"). Try this and let me know if it has the same symptoms so we can make sure it is a faulty power board. I have extra boards and can have one shipped to you if needed. Thanks again for posting and please keep us updated.
    Quote Quote