VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can anyone teach me how can i play VC1 and h.264 on my PC. I have Mplayer classic, VC-1 Encoder SDK, and most of the software and drive. But I still cannot play those files... any solution for me.
    Quote Quote  
  2. What you need are decoders for H.264 and VC-1. To play VC-1 on Windows XP, you need WMF 11 (see this page for a link). To play H.264, install a library like ffdshow-tryouts.

I personally recommend the Combined Community Codec Pack, a minimalistic and safe codec pack which contains ffdshow-tryouts and a few other components.

(Actually, MPC-HomeCinema should have its own internal decoder for H.264, so you ought to be able to play it already, although not very efficiently...)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I got one more errors while i play it.. when i play the VC1 file it show block of pixel. I think the player trying to play the movie. any idea?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Sounds like a codec conflict, wrong codec, or messed up file. Try another VC-1 file, and don't demux it. You can try uninstalling and reinstalling your VC-1 codecs, but it's a delicate job.
    Quote Quote