VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey Folks --

I've a bunch of stuff in AVI I'd like to run on a DVD only player. What's the easiest way to go about this? Googling this topic bombards one with adverts and gawd knows how much crap. Thanks for any responses.
    Cheers,
    Wanderlustus
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    free or paid? the paid convertxtodvd would most likely be the easiest. try the free filmmachine if you don't want to spend anything.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Well, honestly I'll go on the cheap if it works alright. Thanks for the reply, I'll give'm a look.
    Cheers,
    Wanderlustus
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Or DVD Flick.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks Baldrick. I'll have a gander.
    Cheers,
    Wanderlustus
    Quote Quote  
  6. Well, Baldrick, I starting farting about with DVD Flick and as a first-timer with this stuff . . . sheeps, it's slow going, ain't it? 3 min's -- 4% encoded? I think I'll just try to get another 5990 for the bedroom. Wish to gawd I'd ordered two now. Thanks to the both of you for responding. Love this site. Hey, at least now I (sorta) know how it's done.

BTW, I'm going to let this run and burn one for the halibut. I'll let you know how it turns out.
    Cheers,
    Wanderlustus
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    AVStoDVD uses HCEnc, which will use all cores of a multi-core system. ConvertXtoDVD is much faster, but AVStoDVD will generally produce better quality.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Thanks for the info, guns'.
    Cheers,
    Wanderlustus
    Quote Quote  
  9. Damn, I wish I'd noticed the "create iso" option. Now I've two folders "audio_ts" and "video_ts" but for the life of me I can't remember what to burn these with to create a bonifide DVD disc.
    Cheers,
    Wanderlustus
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Open Imgburn and select the Write Files/Folders option. Click the Open Folder button and select the Video_TS folder. Imgburn will do the rest.

Technically, the audio_ts folder isn't required for DVD Video, however some players expect to see, and as it costs nothing to add it, it is worth burning. Imgburn will see the audio_ts folder and add it automatically.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Many thanks, guns'. I'll give it a go.

Damn, you must be up early. It's only 07:40hrs, here in Atlantic Canada.
    Cheers,
    Wanderlustus
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    8:45 PM on East Coast Australian time
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Har! Why, how North American-centric of me. D'oh! Just burning those files now.

Looks like it's worked out fine. I'll just have to go down the hill to my mate's and collect my player. Or watch it at his. BTW, guns', you might get a kick outta this. The flic in question is Peter Jackson's "Braindead." Bloody hilarious.

Thanks for your help.
    Cheers,
    Wanderlustus
    Quote Quote