VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I should take video stream in (H.264 ts), decode it and pass to the DeckLink SDI output, which allows only ‘UYVY’ 4:2:2 Compression -format data.

I'm able to do this by VLC -player, EXCEPT the output yuv -format is YUV420 instead of UYVY. I just installed the latest version of Media Player Classic Home Cinema, also I have FFDSHOW installed, which should have UYVY -output.

Do you have any suggestions how to solve my problem, any kind of help would be highly appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Did you try forcing UYVY in ffdshow output?

Uncheckmark all the boxes except UYVY in the output configuration

You have to be using ffdshow as the decoder in the directshow chain
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray
    Did you try forcing UYVY in ffdshow output?

Uncheckmark all the boxes except UYVY in the output configuration

You have to be using ffdshow as the decoder in the directshow chain
    Yes, I have forced ffdshow to do that, but the problem is to find a player which allows yuv -output.. I managed to capture all the frames separately (jpg,png,bmp), but didn't get yuv(UYVY) format out..
    I used Media Player Classic together with FFDSHOW.. Is somewhere settings for yuv-output also(like e.g. in VLC)?
    Quote Quote  
  4. You probably want to skip the player, as they will convert to RGB for computer display (much like .png are RGB)

You probably want a UYVY video format to feed into your Decklink? I don't know of any off hand but a quick search:
    http://3d2f.com/programs/48-272-fastcodec-download.shtml

FastCodec - free fast lossless video codec designed for video capture. Another usage - video data archiving. Supported input and output formats are: YUY2/YUNV/V422/YUYV, YVYU, UYVY/Y422/UYNV, RGB24, RGB32
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You probably want to skip the player, as they will convert to RGB for computer display (much like .png are RGB)

You probably want a UYVY video format to feed into your Decklink? I don't know of any off hand but a quick search:
    http://3d2f.com/programs/48-272-fastcodec-download.shtml
    Yes, exactly, that's what I need, don't want/need screen drawing at all, just take stream in and decode it to UYVY. Thanks for the link, I have to study their product. I have been searching a lot, seems that only DS filters are available (easily), since I should make this happen as little effort as possible..

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You probably want to skip the player, as they will convert to RGB for computer display (much like .png are RGB)
    Actually the reason why I was looking for the player was my "experience" of the VLC player, since in that player(as you probaply know) can output yuv to file, but unfortunately NOT 422/UYVY..
    Quote Quote