VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I would like to record live video from my camcorder to my hard drive and stream the live video using livestream. I currently have one intensity pro capture card for livestream. Can anyone provide any suggestions on how (what other equipment to use)to record the uncompressed video from my camcorder to my RAID drives and continue using my intensity pro for the streaming? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. What kind of camcorder is it?
    John Miller
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It is a Sony HVR-Z5U. It has an iLink firewire port, but since the camera is more than 30 ft away from my computer, I think that there may be a problem with the video quality.
    Quote Quote  
  4. You shouldn't have a problem with a sufficiently long FireWire cable. Although the analog (uncompressed) feed may have better color sampling (4:2:2 vs. 4:1:1. The main issue would be getting the cable without paying the earth.

Alternatively, if you have another camcorder available, you could split the analog signal at the PC end and convert to DV. It won't be uncompressed though. Can you capture uncompressed with Intensity Pro and use a compressed DV signal for streaming?
    John Miller
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    We don't have another camera. Maybe a powered firewire repeater can help if the prices are too high for one long cable. Since I do not have a firewire cable to test it, can I have simultaneous a/v and firewire output from the camera? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Certainly.
    John Miller
    Quote Quote