VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello

I have to build reels for directors based on samples of their work. I am trying to figure if it is possible to make all their media look good on DVD. Its coming from lots of sources; film, ntsc, pal etc....In order for best DVD viewing (and that means watching on progressive and ntsc monitors) any body recommend what to conform the media to? I have read that all hollywood DVDs have their media at 24p which looks great on all monitors no matter what cause DVD players flag for pulldown and make those conversions themselves.

One of my bosses does not want to see any interlacing ever. Which makes my job very difficult b/c I am making lots of DVDs from 29.97fps footage and on computer monitors, the interlaced frames are very apparent.

thanks for any help,
    dan
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by danfresh36
    Hello

I have to build reels for directors based on samples of their work. I am trying to figure if it is possible to make all their media look good on DVD. Its coming from lots of sources; film, ntsc, pal etc....In order for best DVD viewing (and that means watching on progressive and ntsc monitors) any body recommend what to conform the media to? I have read that all hollywood DVDs have their media at 24p which looks great on all monitors no matter what cause DVD players flag for pulldown and make those conversions themselves.

One of my bosses does not want to see any interlacing ever. Which makes my job very difficult b/c I am making lots of DVDs from 29.97fps footage and on computer monitors, the interlaced frames are very apparent.

thanks for any help,
    dan
    If all the source was originally 24p, you need to inverse telecine (IVTC) all 29.97i clips back to 23.976p.

Film source needs to be scanned to 23.97p or 24p video.

PAL material has been sped up 4%. First try to weave the fields to progressive and preview the result. You may need to process the audio.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote