VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Here's the site, has anyone tried this new app?

http://www.blue-cloner.com/
    Quote Quote  
  2. With a third-party Blu-Ray/HD DVD Copy Helper, it can easily remove the encryptions of BD+ and AACS.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    A $66 piece of nothing.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  4. I have tried it and it is a keeper. Not complicated at all and it worked very well and fast. It is even easier to use than DvDShrink and that is exactly what I was looking for. I am using it with AnyDVD.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I always find it odd that new members join us simply to tell us how great some commercial piece of software is. And to dig up a thread 3+ years old too. Caveat emptor. I guess we are supposed to believe that MilanK was bored and decided "Hmm. You know that BlueCloner is such a great program that I am going to search for posts that reference it on various internet forums and then join them to everyone how good it is although I have no financial interest in the company." Right.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Yes I just joined simply because I wanted to make that post. I was searching how to make Blue-ray copies here a few days ago and I have tried a few manuals from here but it didn't work for me. It looked complicated and I didn't feel like spending the time to find what I was doing wrong. I don't really care what you believe in but you are wrong in all accusations against my post.

Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    I always find it odd that new members join us simply to tell us how great some commercial piece of software is. And to dig up a thread 3+ years old too. Caveat emptor. I guess we are supposed to believe that MilanK was bored and decided "Hmm. You know that BlueCloner is such a great program that I am going to search for posts that reference it on various internet forums and then join them to everyone how good it is although I have no financial interest in the company." Right.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by MilanK View Post
    I don't really care what you believe in but you are wrong in all accusations against my post.
    Well then you won't mind at all if i do this:

Blue-Cloner virus
    Blue-Cloner trojan
    Blue-Cloner credit card fraud
    Blue-Cloner Paypal Scam
    Blue-Cloner malware
    Blue-Cloner ripoff
    Blue-Cloner rootkit
    Blue-Cloner resource hog
    Blue-Cloner HDD failure

Did I forget any?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well since it is brought up.
    I'm using Blue Cloner too, and are very satisfied with it. I think it has been worth the money, because it rips blu-rays very easy to your hard-drive in cooperation with BD-helper.
    @hech54:
    If you have gotten any of the things that you mentioned because of Blue-Cloner, then you haven't tried the real stuff. But perhaps modified versions.

@jman98:
    What is the free tools alternatives? Which are equally good? Because then I would love to give it a try. I'm aware of that a lot of open source programs are better than many of the commercial ones. Especially when it comes to converting.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search PM
    @brusno
    BD_REbuilder multiAVCHD etc, etc, etc.

Did a google search on BD-helper, hech54 seems to be pretty close to the truth.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The one which follows Blue Cloner is actually named "Blu-ray Copy Helper" and is not adware or spyware. But as you mention, there are dirty programs which are named BD Helper. But these are not the ones which come with Blue Cloner. I've been using it for a year now, without any trouble.

BD Rebuilder is good. I tried it when I had a corrupted Blu Ray rip on the harddrive. And then "BD Rebuilder" rebuildt it and I got a working Blu Ray again

Does anyone know of any good free Blu Ray - rippers then?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by brusno View Post
    I'm using Blue Cloner too, and are very satisfied with it. I think it has been worth the money, because it rips blu-rays very easy to your hard-drive in cooperation with BD-helper.
    When I Google "BD-Helper" all I see are instruction on removing spyware. Maybe you meant some other program?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Banned
    Search PM
    @jagabo
    Try it with Blu-ray Copy Helper. It tells you that certain versions or higher of powerdvd or windvd are required to be installed for it to work. Sounds a little fishy.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Originally Posted by brusno View Post
    When I Google "BD-Helper" all I see are instruction on removing spyware. Maybe you meant some other program?
    Yes, Blu-Ray Copy Helper is a different program (it is often called BD Helper though). It's not the same. But as I see, I should stop calling it "BD Helper", because of the confusion with the other programs which are adware and spyware.

I have been looking around on "Videohelp" and as I understand, anyDVD HD is a good alternative to Blue Cloner. And I saw one which is free: Clown BD and Clown_BD-BD-Copier. This would perhaps be the good alternative among the free programs.
    Last edited by brusno; 21st Feb 2013 at 17:59.
    Quote Quote