VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread

Threaded View

1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi there, I am new to the forum and have just puchased a Panasonic Blu-ray DMR-BW750. The sales rep told me that I would be unable to play any region other than 4 and that I would need a code to paly any other region. I have looked and looked but am unable to find any code.

I am also a little confused as I put in a dvd (not blu-ray) that was purchased from the Stated through Amazon and it played.

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

Pascals
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The DVD you purchased through Amazon was probably "region free" already....it was just NTSC Format. They are not related.
    Hacking a Blu-Ray player region free for Blu-Ray discs is nearly impossible by yourself. Some Blu-Ray players can be hacked to Region Free for DVD PLAYING however....but even that is a bit rare.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    There are only TWO BluRay players that can be made region free for BluRay playback at this time and both require some modification to be done by someone (the seller or the purchaser) to get it to work. One is by Momitsu and one is by Oppo.

We have had a very very small number of reports of BluRay players that could be hacked for DVD region free playback, but I've never heard of any BluRay recorders that can be hacked.

It is unlikely that the DVD you purchased was region free, but not impossible. It is possible for DVDs to contain multiple region codes and although I don't remember which studios do this, I have seen some Hollywood studios that routinely press their DVDs to be able to play in regions 1 and 4. That could also be why your DVD played.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks heaps for your help.
    Quote Quote