VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I captured "Dracula", the 1931 version with Bela Lugosi. I downloaded the subtitles for it, but when i used VirtualDubMod to subtitle the movie, the subtitles and movie were out of sync. Any way to fix so they are in sync?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You'd probably have to manually edit the timing for each line. Are the subtitles all off by about the same amount of time? I don't know if there's a feature in any of the subtitle utilities that can automatically shift all the times forward or back by a certain amount of time, but one of more of them probably do have a feature like that.

Are you sure the subtitles are for that exact version of the movie, and not for, say, a DVD version, which might have additional scenes included? Does the running time of the subtitles roughly match the running time of the video?
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Ai Haibara
    You'd probably have to manually edit the timing for each line. Are the subtitles all off by about the same amount of time? I don't know if there's a feature in any of the subtitle utilities that can automatically shift all the times forward or back by a certain amount of time, but one of more of them probably do have a feature like that.

Are you sure the subtitles are for that exact version of the movie, and not for, say, a DVD version, which might have additional scenes included? Does the running time of the subtitles roughly match the running time of the video?
    Thanks for your help, but i tried Subdownloader and i found subtitles to match my movie. Everything is great, they are sync'd perfectly! Thanks again!
    Quote Quote