VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi. I have a m2ts file ripped from a BR which pixellates frequently using Windows Media Player Classic. It plays fine in Windows Media Player 11 but I would rather play it in the WMPC because I can load another audio track simultaneously (a DTS_HD track) and select instead of the default DD track embedded in the m2ts file. As far as I can tell, I can't do that in WMP 11. If I am wrong, please correct me.

I notice that when I play it in WMP 11, the FFshow icons come on the taskbar. I assume that filter is not in use with WMPC.

It also plays fine in PowerDVD Ultra 9 but again I want to select the alternative DTS file and the subtitle file. At least WMP 11 picks up on the SRT subtitle file in the folder and plays it.

I have the K-Lite Codec Pack 5.05 Full installed with default settings.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to troubleshoot this? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Disable the internal decoder in mpc and ffdshow will be used, under View->Options->Internal filters and disable h264 and vc1.

Or try latest MPCHC instead.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks. Sorry, the MPC I was referring to was MPCHC v 1.2.908.0. In that I disabled both h264 filters that were checked under Transform filters: h264/AVC (DVXA), h264/AVC FFmpeg and VC1(DXVA), VC1(FFmpeg). Is that what you meant?

I played it like this and there was no pixellation but like I saw some time yesterday, the captions seem to flash with the spoken lines which is odd.
    Quote Quote  
  4. The good news it played flawlessly last night in MPCHC. Unfortunately, I'm not sure what did the trick. I see also that I now have MPHC installed twice. I had dowloaded on my own once and then it came in the K Lite Codec Pack. I've got to figure out which one played it right and I guess get rid of the other one. Right? The two versions have different amounts of transform filters.
    Quote Quote  
  5. If you disabled the h.264 decoder in MPCHC it is now using a system isntalled DirectShow h.264 decoder. Play a video, right click on the MPCHC window and go to the Filters option. That will show you the list of filters currently in use. Select one to view more details about it.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks. It's playing very well in MPCHC. Very pleased..It loads the m2ts file offers me the choice of the DD track in the m2ts or I can switch to the .dts file in the directory. I load the .srt file for subtitles. My wife is hearing impaired and is very happy to have it play fluidly in such high quality (like a Blu-Ray) and with the subs.

Thanks for the help.
    Quote Quote