VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all,

Here's what I've been googelin for the past week: I finished editing a project on premiere pro 2, exported it as DVD on my HD.
    The film is in french and I want to add italian and english subtitles. I don't want to do it with premiere cause it takes so long, especially in rendering....
    I have tried subtitles workshop but the thing is, in this program I can only open the 2 vob files, not the IFO file. In this case i have to make two subtitles files for each vob file, which means, I can't see the subtitles when opening the DVD file through the IFO file. Which also means that if I burn the project to a blank DVD, the DVD player won't play the subtitles.

So, can you help? How do I create subtitles to my film, playable in DVD player, knowing that there are 2 vob files, 2 BUP files and one IFO file to the film.

Many thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Try creating a .d2v file with DGIndex,
    then use an Avisynth script to load it into Subtitle Workshop.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for answering.

I'm new to this so there are somethings I can't understand: I opened the VOB files in DGIndex and chose to save and demux. As a result I got both files as one which is great but the problem is that the audio disapeard! am i doing something wrong? Another option I did was to chose to debug audio stream onle, I got the audio as a sepparate file.
    How do I proceed from here? I mean if the demuxed video had also audio, the problem would be solved no?
    Regarding Avisynth, I diden't know how to use it... There are no executable files... which script should I load into subtitle workshop and how?
    Sorry for being a begginer on this and thanks for your patience!!
    Quote Quote  
  4. If you chose to save and demux, then in addition to the D2V project file, you got an M2V (video only) and the audio (AC3, probably). You still have the VOBs, so the audio is still in them. The audio didn't disappear. Demuxing video means to separate it from the VOB.
    I mean if the demuxed video had also audio, the problem would be solved no?
    Well, yes and no. What do you think demux means? Maybe you wanted to separate the MPG out of the VOBs, something VOB2MPEG can do. But I have no idea whether or not you can use that in Subtitle Workshop. Making the D2V project file is only part of what you have to do. You now have to use it in an AviSynth script so you can open it in Subtitle Workshop (if you're following El Heggunte's instructions). This is all explained in detail in the docs included in the DGMPGDec package. I don't use Subtitle Workshop for this sort of thing so I can't comment on that part of it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    If you don't want to play around with Avisynth, then you'd better use VOB2MPG or
    something similar, as manono suggested. FWIW, I still use the version 2.51 of
    Subtitle Workshop, and yes it can open Avisynth scripts,
    as long as you type the filename in the "Open File" dialog box
    {because this latter doesn't have the "All files" (*.*) option}.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I followed the instructions and created the d2v file but subtitle workshop does not recognize or does not see the Avisynth script i created for the file....any alternative ideas?

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  7. Is your script any good? Test it in VDub(Mod) first. It'll throw out an error message if not.

It's important to also have the DGDecode.dll either in the AviSynth Plugins folder or loaded into the script. You make a renamed .txt file, named maybe as Video.avs. Inside, a basic script might go:

LoadPlugin("C:\Path\To\DGDecode.dll")
    MPEG2Source("C:\Path\To\Video.d2v")

Adjust for your names and paths.
    Quote Quote