VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi im trying to make mkv to usb avchd for ps3 but it doesnt work. I copied the AVCHD folder to root of USB. However PS3 doesnt recognize the AVCHD folder from the usb as AVCHD disc when I click the (X) button. I clicked the triangle button and then had to drill down to the AVCHD/BDMV/STREAM folder to play the m2ts/mts file.

I was expecting PS3 will play the AVCHD folder as if it found AVCHD disc. Am I missing something here?

i followed these steps.. http://www.bitburners.com/articles/convert-mkv-to-usb-avchd-for-playstation-3-using-mkv2vob/4384/
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    OK I haven't checked the steps you posted but what format is the usb drive in? If it is NTFS the ps3 won't recognize it. It must be fat32. Hence the 4gb limit. HOwever there was a post the other day about using multiavchd to create 1gb chunks that will bypass the restriction.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  3. @caner12:

What tool did you use to create the AVCHD folder?

PS3 will recognize it once it conforms 8.3 filenames format, i.e. INDEX.BDM not index.bdmv.

Browse around for AVCHDManager and convert your folder to PS3/8.3 compliant one. multiAVCHD will make it easier for you of course.
    Laugh and the world will laugh with you. Cry and you will be alone
    Quote Quote