VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I have Media Player Classic - Homecinema 1.1.796. The issue mentioned is especially a problem because I have to kill the process through Task Manager. Otherwise, even though the window closes, the process continues running and if I try to open another file with MPC, the mplayerc.exe process just piles one on top of the other, while the original one uses a lot of the CPU and no windows open... Sometimes, these MP3s with album artwork actually work, but most of the time they don't. It's the only thing that I found in common with these files that pretty much crash MPC. Anybody have any clue as to what the problem might be? Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I don't have any problems playing MP3 with album art in MPCHC 1.2.908.0.

Go to View -> Options -> Internal Filters. In the Source Filters section try changing the state of MPEG Audio. Also in the Transform Filters section. One, the other, or both.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I don't have any problems playing MP3 with album art in MPCHC 1.2.908.0.

Go to View -> Options -> Internal Filters. In the Source Filters section try changing the state of MPEG Audio. Also in the Transform Filters section. One, the other, or both.
    http://www.filedropper.com/teasemepleaseme

Here's an MP3 that freezes MPC for me. Please try it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I had no problem playing that file. Played it all the way through. Started playing it again, seeked back and forth many times. No problems.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I had no problem playing that file. Played it all the way through. Started playing it again, seeked back and forth many times. No problems.
    Same here,i have had the same problem with mpc in the past with video clips but doing a reboot usually clears the problem,Maybe your pc dont like scorpions. :P
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by johns0
    I had no problem playing that file. Played it all the way through. Started playing it again, seeked back and forth many times. No problems.
    Same here,i have had the same problem with mpc in the past with video clips but doing a reboot usually clears the problem,Maybe your pc dont like scorpions. :P
    The problem occurs when opening. It doesn't open so if it does, it'll work - no need to further check. This problem occurs every time I try it, with songs other than this as well. Again, what they have in common is the album artwork, lol. Umm, I'll try tweakng some settings as jagabo suggested though I doubt that'll change anything. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  7. What those settings do is tell MPCHC to use its internal MPEG audio file reader (when checkmarked) or the installed DirectShow file reader. The same for the MPEG audio (MP3) decoder. I suspect there is some kind of miscommunication between a DirectShow component and MPCHC.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    What those settings do is tell MPCHC to use its internal MPEG audio file reader (when checkmarked) or the installed DirectShow file reader. The same for the MPEG audio (MP3) decoder. I suspect there is some kind of miscommunication between a DirectShow component and MPCHC.
    Well, in that case wouldn't there be a problem with every MP3 file? Plus, I want to use AC3Filter as the decoder for MP3s so I don't want to change anything that would affect that.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Typhoon859
    What those settings do is tell MPCHC to use its internal MPEG audio file reader (when checkmarked) or the installed DirectShow file reader. The same for the MPEG audio (MP3) decoder. I suspect there is some kind of miscommunication between a DirectShow component and MPCHC.
    Well, in that case wouldn't there be a problem with every MP3 file?
    No. It could be something about the presence of artwork that is causing the problem.

By the way, you have exit MPCHC and restart it for those changes to take effect.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Typhoon859
    Well, in that case wouldn't there be a problem with every MP3 file?
    No. It could be something about the presence of artwork that is causing the problem.

By the way, you have exit MPCHC and restart it for those changes to take effect.
    Exactly, so in that case, how would changing those settings effect the result? I ask just because I'm curious to see what connection you made. I'm going to try it either way so... yeah
    Quote Quote  
  11. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    I want to use AC3Filter as the decoder for MP3s so I don't want to change anything that would affect that.
    AC3Filter cannot decode MP3, only MP2 (besides AC3 and DTS of course).
    Quote Quote  
  12. When DirectShow (and other audio/video) components are connected with one another there is a complex series of negotiations that goes on between them. It's easy to imagine that an MP3 source filter might miscommunicate something to the MP3 decoder filter under some conditions -- like trying to send artwork to a filter that doesn't know what to do with it, a disagreement on the size of a structure used to pass information (only when there is artwork), etc.

Switching MPCHC's internal MPEG audio filters off/on is a trival thing to try.

Using an AC3 decoder to decode MP3 could be the source of your problems. El Heggunte beat me to it!
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by El Heggunte
    I want to use AC3Filter as the decoder for MP3s so I don't want to change anything that would affect that.
    AC3Filter cannot decode MP3, only MP2 (besides AC3 and DTS of course).
    When DirectShow (and other audio/video) components are connected with one another there is a complex series of negotiations that goes on between them. It's easy to imagine that an MP3 source filter might miscommunicate something to the MP3 decoder filter under some conditions -- like trying to send artwork to a filter that doesn't know what to do with it, a disagreement on the size of a structure used to pass information (only when there is artwork), etc.

Switching MPCHC's internal MPEG audio filters off/on is a trival thing to try.

Using an AC3 decoder to decode MP3 could be the source of your problems. El Heggunte beat me to it!
    AC3Filter is not an AC3 decoder... AC3Filter decodes a huge range of file formats, better so than most decoders, and it's exceptional with MP3s... AC3Filter is just it's name and maybe might've been it's original purpose. I've always used it to decode MP3 audio. WMP utilizes it as well and it doesn't crash when playing those files.

Jagabo, thanks for the explanation. Very nice I'll try it withing the hour.
    Quote Quote  
  14. In the time it's taken you to write any one of your replies you could have tried the MPCHC changes.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM
    In the time it's taken you to write any one of those replies you could have tried the MPCHC changes.
    lol, I know. I was just busy with something and every time I'm typed, I got yelled at by my family. I wouldn't have been able to test it properly or quickly enough to not seem like an ass.. So now I'm eating and after that, I'll do it. Sorry for taking so long with this.
    Quote Quote  
  16. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    @ Typhoon859:

When you say "AC3Filter", are you sure you don't mean "ffdshow"
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by El Heggunte
    @ Typhoon859:

When you say "AC3Filter", are you sure you don't mean "ffdshow"
    lol, yes, 100% sure. I only use the FFDShow Video Decoder.

AC3Filter: http://ac3filter.net/projects/ac3filter

What's listed there is what's special about it, not it's full functionality..
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search PM
    Wow, I can't believe it. Under "Source Filters", I turned MPEG Audio on and now it works. That's amazing that it was the problem. Thank you my friend. Sorry for giving you so much trouble. I would've given it to you afterward to find out why it worked anyway lol, thank you very much.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Glad to hear it worked out.
    Quote Quote