VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I need some help from the experts please

I don't own a receiver but would like to use headphones that allow me to have full control over the volume perhaps with TV remote or ETC.
    Crappy headphones with volume control will not do here.
    I currently have headphones connected with a cable female stereo to composite to my plasma hdtv but have no control of volume cannot adjust.

What is the best way to get volume control for my situation?
    is the only way to drop $300 on a good receiver?
    Does popcorn hour c-200 have a headphone jack and can control volume with remote? if so id rather buy that then a receiver at this time.
    Thanks in advance for the help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by B2K24
    I currently have headphones connected with a cable female stereo to composite to my plasma hdtv but have no control of volume cannot adjust.

It sounds to me like you are using an RCA monitor output with your headphones. Doesn't your TV have a headphone output? (Typically a 1/8th inch stereo pin plug.) The volume of that output is usually controlled by the TV. If not, you could use decent wireless headphones with their own volume controls.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Edit: corrected by Baldrick
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Supreme2k
    Originally Posted by B2K24
    I need some help from the experts please.
    Then your best bet is to start a new topic, rather than hijacking this one.

Your post has absolutely nothing to do with this thread. FYI, it's WD TV , not Popcorn Hour.
    I bought the WD HDTV media center because of this thread, now i want to have headphone control with this device for when i'm watching media files when my kids are asleep. If you can't be of any help Supreme2k, then don't bother to post.
    My question relates to this device and it's usage and is far better than your non productive spam.
    I am merely trying to get some ideas about volume control relating to this device.

Thanks for the wireless headphones idea i will look into that. Can you link me to anything you recommend?
    I will also check my tv for stereo plugin. Thanks for the help.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by B2K24
    Thanks for the wireless headphones idea i will look into that. Can you link me to anything you recommend?
    I haven't used the Sennhieser wireless headphones but their wired headphones are very good. Something like this will probably be adequate:

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-RS120-Wireless-Headphones-Charging/dp/B0001FTVEK/

There are other models too. I had a chance to hear some Sony wireless headphones a few years ago. I didn't do any serious listening (I was just seeing how much interference I got moving around the house) but they sounded ok.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Edit: corrected by Baldrick
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    B2K24: PLease don't hijack topics. Moved you to your own topic. You can change the subject title by editing your first post.

Supreme2k: Please just report the post.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No problem.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by B2K24
    I need some help from the experts please

I don't own a receiver but would like to use headphones that allow me to have full control over the volume perhaps with TV remote or ETC.
    Crappy headphones with volume control will not do here.

is the only way to drop $300 on a good receiver?
    Does popcorn hour c-200 have a headphone jack and can control volume with remote? if so id rather buy that then a receiver at this time.
    Thanks in advance for the help.
    You can use an "in-line" volume control extension like this 1 from from Radio Shack w/ your choice of quality headphones for $9.99USD

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2552561

or this Koss from Amazon.com $7.74USD

http://www.amazon.com/Koss-155954-VC20-Volume-Control/dp/B00001P4XH

google around if you want a "high-end" volume control

edit: I found it for you, Sennheiser volume control $32USD

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HZR-62-Volume-Control-extion/dp/B000H0K8VY/ref=sr_1_5...9353397&sr=8-5

ocgw

peace
    i7 2700K @ 4.4Ghz 16GB DDR3 1600 Samsung Pro 840 128GB Seagate 2TB HDD EVGA GTX 650
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic368691.html
    Quote Quote