VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    got a R320 printer that worked good until i changed the black and magenta cartridges the other day. I bought genuine Epson ink, $30 worth, and it shows that the black cartridge cant be recognized. when i remove the black then it will come up saying it cant recognize the other cartridges. Put the black back in and the others go away and goes back to saying it cant recognize the black one. after doing some researching it seems to be an issue but no real fix. anyone experience this? i contacted epson even tho its out of warranty. Maybe at least they will send a new cartridge to try or refund them if i cant use the printer.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Could be a bad cartridge. I replaced a yellow (Epson OEM) cartridge I had purchased from Best Buy. My printer would not recognize it. I returned the cartridge to Best Buy, they replaced it and problem solved.
    TN VOL

"Those who fail are those who fail to try."
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It happens, I use generic ink personally and had the very rare one prints terrible from the start no matter how many clean cycles I use, drop in another one and the problem disappears instantly

Cartridges do sometimes refuse to print or be recognised, if you can take it back and exchange it. Especially if it was a genuine cartridge ... at that price you expect it to work, or get a replacement without any questions or hoops to jump through to exchange them
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I do feel your pain. I originally bought an Epson printer because I wanted to print labels to ink jet compatible discs. My brand new Epson printer refused to recognize any of the brand new Epson ink cartridges that came with the printer. I did some research and you're not going to like it. It's a known problem and the only "fix" is to replace the printer. I sent the printer back a refund, bought a Canon instead and life is good.

You can try replacing the cartridges and maybe as the others say, that will fix it. If you are lucky. I tell people NOT to buy Epson printers because of issues like yours. To be fair, most people don't have problems, but Epson lives in absolute terror that you might (gasp!) buy a non-Epson ink cartridge to put in their printers, so their printers operate in super paranoid mode and suspect every cartridge put in them as being a non-Epson cartridge. Sometimes this leads to printers that basically won't recognize anything. If getting new cartridges doesn't solve it, I've already told you what the fix is - a new printer.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Could be a bad cartridge. I replaced a yellow (Epson OEM) cartridge I had purchased from Best Buy. My printer would not recognize it. I returned the cartridge to Best Buy, they replaced it and problem solved.
    TN VOL

"Those who fail are those who fail to try."
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Reposted the same an hour later? Strange

I forgot to respond to this one before as I have an R320 as well. More accurately I had an R320 until my parents "took it off my hands" when I moved to TX (along with a lot of the rest of the stuff I left I had moved into a storage unit). They've had it for over 3 years now and are still buying Epson ink cartridges. They are mostly tech-inept so the fact that I've not heard of any issues with them must mean theirs (mine) is working well for them. That in itself is pretty high praise (in an underhanded way).
    FB-DIMM are the real cause of global warming
    Quote Quote  
  7. had this problem sometimes using generic ink with my r340, unplugging/disconnecting/rebooting pc or running a cleaning cycle, just anything to make it look the other way while you stick your **** in its hole.
    PAL/NTSC problem solver.
    USED TO BE A UK Equipment owner., NOW FINISHED WITH VHS CONVERSIONS-THANKS
    Quote Quote