VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi. I tried a lot of time with ffmpegX to convert a movie rmvb to DVD but never work, here a information that the program show when encode.
    I tried to make a simple encode, I tried changing the comends for betters video and audio and the same problems

Now, I have the free trial versión, I have installed the binaries for Intel last version. I readed a lot of forum but nothing.
    My computer is a Imac 2.8 GHz intel core 2 duo, 4 GB SDRAM.

INFO: [mpeg2enc] SETTING EXTENDED MMX for MOTION!
    INFO: [mpeg2enc] SETTING SSE and MMX for TRANSFORM!
    INFO: [mpeg2enc] SETTING EXTENDED MMX for PREDICTION!
    INFO: [yuvscaler] yuvscaler 1.9.0 (15-02-2004) is a general scaling utility for yuv frames
    INFO: [yuvscaler] (C) 2001-2004 Xavier Biquard <xbiquard@free.fr>, yuvscaler -h for help, or man yuvscaler
    movtoy4m
    Copyright 2002-2006 Johan Lindström
    All rights reserved..
    Thu Jul 30 18:09:02 VET 2009
    ERROR: Could not open movie: /Users/rafaelpalacios/Desktop/Peliculas/Knowing/p-Knowing_669/p-Know449/p-Know449.rm
    **ERROR: [yuvscaler] Could'nt read YUV4MPEG header!
    **ERROR: [mpeg2enc] Could not read YUV4MPEG2 header: system error (failed read/write)!

Please, I want convert movie rmvb to DVD for use in a DVD region 1 but I want a excellent video quality and sound quality 5:1.
    I hope to find somebody that can help me step by step for make it possible
    Excuse my english, I speak Sapnish.

Thank
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Did you install the Intel version of reallib? (I think you have to use the process described here: https://forum.videohelp.com/topic349046.html#1834504 - I haven't had a need to convert any .rm/.rmvb videos, so...) Also, I think you can only use mencoder presets in ffmpegx if you want to convert .rm or .rmvb videos.

The problem is, .rm and .rmvb videos are usually highly compressed, and not necessarily great quality to begin with. To convert them to DVD, you're going to have to re-encode them, which means they'll take another quality hit. I doubt you'll be able to get excellent video quality and 5:1 sound, especially if the original videos don't already have them.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I share Ai Haibara's skepticism. There's a reason that it's "RealMedia" and not "HiDefMedia." To set your expectations realistically, just view the original, rm/rmvb source prior to conversion. What you see is the best it's ever going to be. Then, after a conversion to DVD, it will be perceptibly no better, and generally worse. Conversion will not magically restore lost information.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Ai haibara.
    I have Reallib installed, the problems is that the program don´t do anything wherever I do with the options on it. Sometimes show me a information whit error and information that finished but don´t save nothing and sometimes save a 0KB archive.
    I´ll follow your instruction on the link and I´ll let you know about.
    Thank you
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Tomiee59.
    I know that make a magic is difficult, but I want to know how to make the best for DVD, what to put in each information for encode. I want to find help like a Tutorial and of course help for solve the problems that I show you in this forum.

Thank you
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here you have information about two errors:
    1.- /bin/sh: -c: line 0: syntax error near unexpected token `('
    /bin/sh: -c: line 0: `printf "Encoding started on " && date && '/Library/Application Support/ffmpegX/mencoder' /Users/rafaelpalacios/Desktop/Peliculas/Knowing/p-Knowing_669/p-Know449/knowing.rm -oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr:br=128:vol=0 -srate 48000 -ovc lavc -sws 0 -lavcopts threads=2:vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=940:keyint=240:vqm in=2:vqmax=15 -ofps NTSC FILM (29.97) -vop scale=640:272 -noodml -ffourcc DIVX -o /Users/rafaelpalacios/Desktop/Peliculas/Knowing/p-Knowing_669/p-Know449/knowing.rm.ff.avi && printf "Encoding completed on " && date && printf "\a"'

2.- INFO: [yuvscaler] yuvscaler 1.9.0 (15-02-2004) is a general scaling utility for yuv frames
    Fri Jul 31 11:33:38 VET 2009
    INFO: [yuvscaler] (C) 2001-2004 Xavier Biquard <xbiquard@free.fr>, yuvscaler -h for help, or man yuvscaler
    INFO: [mpeg2enc] SETTING EXTENDED MMX for MOTION!
    INFO: [mpeg2enc] SETTING SSE and MMX for TRANSFORM!
    INFO: [mpeg2enc] SETTING EXTENDED MMX for PREDICTION!
    movtoy4m
    Copyright 2002-2006 Johan Lindström
    All rights reserved..
    ERROR: Could not open movie: /Users/rafaelpalacios/Desktop/Peliculas/Knowing/p-Knowing_669/p-Know449/knowing.rm
    **ERROR: [mpeg2enc] Could not read YUV4MPEG2 header: system error (failed read/write)!

Thank you
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I do very little converting from rm (I just avoid it like the plague; most clips I come across are very low in quality, and it hurts to watch). But the last time I saw the "unexpected token" error message, the problem was a mismatch in frame rate. Make sure that you have chosen the source and target framerates to be equal. Other than that, I have no other ideas...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by raf0
    /bin/sh: -c: line 0: syntax error near unexpected token `('
    -ofps NTSC FILM (29.97)
    NTSC FILM is 23.976 fps, NTSC is 29.97 fps. The mixup (NTSC FILM (29.97)) is generating a syntax error, because there is no such thing as "NTSC FILM at 29.97 frames per second". Find the source file framerate (e.g. with Real Player) and select that in the Framerate drop-down menu in the Video tab for output.

Originally Posted by raf0
    ERROR: Could not open movie: foo.rm
    Decoding RM in ffmpegX needs reallib, and that in turn needs mplayer. So make sure to select "Decode with mplayer" in the Options tab, after setting the mpeg2enc preset.

But first of all, try the [Play] button after selecting the source file. This will test if reallib can decode (read) your file. If it plays, ffmpegX should be able to convert. If it doesn't play, then reallib or mplayer isn't correctly installed (likely), or your file is no good for reallib (unlikely).
    Quote Quote