VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a disc that I need to insert a video prior to the first menu. All the original menus and original authoring must remain intact. Is there a way to do this in DVDFab or Encore or DVDSudioPro?
    From the list at the top of this forum it seems that TMPGAuthor would work, and possibly DVDRemakePro, yet I hesitate to add yet another tool to what is already an extensive list
    thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You need to add a firstplay. DVDRemakePro or PgcEdit might work. I've never done this, I just read about it. I would re-author, I hate backwards disc hacking.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  3. Make a little DVD of the video you want to have play before the menu. Open the main DVD in PGCEdit. Go Title->Import First-Play (Startup) Clip. Tick "don't pause: it's an animated clip" and follow the easy instructions from there.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks all - I ended up creating a new DVD of the vid i wanted to insert and then using the "merge" function in DVD Fab. Worked for me. 8)

I'm not sure if PGC edit would have worked as I had to import after the opening cpyright notice and before the first menu - can probably be done.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Copyright notice? Why not just replace the damned thing with your video? But yes, you could have stuck the video anywhere you wanted, using PGCEdit. It just would have meant following an slightly different but equally easy procedure.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manono
    Copyright notice? Why not just replace the damned thing with your video? But yes, you could have stuck the video anywhere you wanted, using PGCEdit. It just would have meant following an slightly different but equally easy procedure.
    Thanks - I'll try PGC edit. Unfortunately I didn't realise with the merge function in DVDFab there is no way to preserve the original menus...
    Quote Quote