VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi:

I know how to make a motion menu but up til now I just kept it relatively simple. Today I was playing around and decided to try and make a motion menu with a movable button(homemade, see knife in attachment).

I did the motion menu process and the finished product had the button but it didn't move like I want it to. I want the knife to move from one word to the other on the menu. Oh, before I forget I am using DVDLab Pro.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Quote Quote  
  2. a motion menu is just a background movie. the buttons on top of it don't move.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you are happy having the knife as a single colour icon then you can create it as a subpicture and simply use the different button states to make if visible or invisible as the user moves up and down the menu.

If you want it to be full colour then you will have to use switched menus, which really precludes you from using motion menus as every time the user moves up or down the menu loop will have to start again. this will be annoyingly slow for most users, and look pretty crappy.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by guns1inger
    If you are happy having the knife as a single colour icon then you can create it as a subpicture and simply use the different button states to make if visible or invisible as the user moves up and down the menu.

If you want it to be full colour then you will have to use switched menus, which really precludes you from using motion menus as every time the user moves up or down the menu loop will have to start again. this will be annoyingly slow for most users, and look pretty crappy.
    Thanks. Is there some sort of newbie/easy tutorial that can help me create the invisible/visable states? I have some menu creation software; DVD Menu Studio which
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Look up External Sub-picture in the DVDLab help file and it will explain how to use DVD menu Studio to do this.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by guns1inger
    Look up External Sub-picture in the DVDLab help file and it will explain how to use DVD menu Studio to do this.
    Guns1linger:

I looked up External Sub-picture in the DVDProLab help. I had to read it a couple of times before I finally understood it and then I did a few test runs; one with "Invisible Selected" and "Visible"buttons and I liked both I just have to make up my mind which one I prefer more and then I will build the rest of my project around it. Oh, I also found the "Hotspot"button to be very helpful as well as it allowed me to group the text, the button and the links into one package.

Thanks for the information!

Quote Quote