VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I am new at this video stuff. All I want to do is to make some clips for my iPod.
    I have the stream video *.mv2 type of video, and I have follow the instructions from mpegx but all I get is an empty *.mp4
    Any help will be appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Please post more details, like how your source file was recognized in the summary and the Process Information log (accessible by clicking the blue "i" in the ffmpegX Progress window.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    this is what the files info.

Music/SIMPSONS_S7_D1/TITLE01-AN1-CH01-VIDEO1.M2V
    Mpeg 2 Video File
    Estimated Duration: 14.11s
    Aspect ratio 4/3 (TV)
    Interlaced, chroma format: 4:2:0
    Video Format: Component
    Size [720 x 480] 29.97 fps 9.80 Mbps
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    An .m2v file is a video-only stream. Is this what you expected/intended?

Also, did ffmpegx indicate that it was finished? If that is the complete logfile, then it appears that ffmpegx hadn't even really gotten started.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok I was able to make a video, but it has no sound. I went to the audio side, and I included a file *.ac3, mp3, but no sound.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am not sure what you meant by "including the sound." Please be less vague. By making folks work unnecessarily to understand what you've done you cut down the probability that anyone will bother to answer.

What, EXACTLY, did you do? What tool did you use to multiplex the audio with the m2v? What was the source audio format? What was the target format? You mention both ac3 and mp3, but without any explanation whatsoever of what was the goes-in and what was the comes-out.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok this is what I did. I decoded the original dvd with osex, so I got different files by chapters. Each chapter came in pairs, ch1.m2v and ch1.ac3. All the *.m2v are video all *.ac3 are sound.
    So, when I use ffmepx I drop the file *.m2v, and then in audio menu I am including the *.ac3 file, but my output comes only with video and no sound.
    What am I doing wrong?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Set 0SEx to output a "program stream" (not "elementary streams"), then you'll get a file with video and audio in it, and you do not have to try to include the audio separately.
    Quote Quote