VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I would like to play movies that are currently in an iso configuration and stored remotely in my house on a large 1TB drive that is wirelessly accessible over my home network from my PS3. Has anyone done this and if so, what steps need to be taken? I can view the 1TB drive just fine on the TV screen through the PS3, but cannot see the *.iso files. I imagine that I will need to convert the iso files to something else, such as, avi or wmv. I want to preserve the quality of the video and audio as best I can, so which format would be best and what software do I need to do this?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Should be able to stream the ISOs with PS3 Media Server...
    " Who needs Google, my wife knows everything"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    FYI you can't use a ntfs drive on the ps3. It has to be fat32 for an external drive. Hence you can't go larger than a 4gb file.

If you have a xbox 360 you can use macdrive 7 and format it to the mac format and have the equivalent of a ntfs drive with no size limitation.

Other than that you need to do what t0nee1 said - stream it. But do a wired stream - video over wifi isn't great - at least not at g speeds that the internal ps3 wifi is rated at.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote