VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Im all new to all this and im not that good with the pc some please be good to me.

i know this will be on this forum but its a bit !!!! im not good the all the terms.

I have lots of dvd's and now blueray's i would like to back them up so i can just look and the dvd's picute on the tv and press play ?! i not know if this is possible, i have quite a good 5.1 system with ps3 i dont mind what i have to do or the cost ( well not that much)
    im not that good with the pc so if the can just tell me as simple as possible that would be good.

i hope you can help.
    thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    For ripping DVDs you need DVDFab HD Decrypter or AnyDVD HD. If you want to rip Blurays then AnyDVD HD seems to be the weapon of choice. However it is not free.

After that it depends on what you want to do. There are plenty of tools for converting the ripped content to something that is easier to manage. You could look at RipBot or similar. Look it up in the Tools section (Menu to your left) and read through the guides listed for it to find out how to use it.

Be aware, converting Bluray takes lots of time, even if you have a lot of grunt. You are embarking on a time consuming exercise.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Is English you first language? If not, get someone to translate, as some of the most proficient people on this site speak and write in English.

It looks like what you want is very simple. Look to the guides at the left for Backup.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    DO YOU LIKE BEEN A PRICK!!! OR IS SOMEING YOU ARE TRYING TO BE!!! AS YOU ARE DOING A GOOD JOB !

ALL IM TRYING TO DO IS FIND OUT FROM PEOPLE IN THE KNOW, AND I CAN SEE THAT IS NOT YOU.
    Quote Quote  
  5. It was a reasonable question. You're in the UK where I thought they spoke English. If English is your first language, then you should care enough to make your posts legible and written using proper English. If it's not then you say so and we make allowances.
    ALL IM TRYING TO DO IS FIND OUT FROM PEOPLE IN THE KNOW, AND I CAN SEE THAT IS NOT YOU.
    He does know, and pointed you to the guides, something you should have checked before wasting our time with your useless drivel.
    Quote Quote