VideoHelp Forum

Poll: How do you like your pizza? Fresh, frozen, store bought, home made?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    So this is requested by Singsing - it's a spinoff of the popcorn poll.

I generally like fresh pizza and I generally order Dominos. However I do like Digiorno frozen pizza a lot. I have started to take a liking to Freschetta as well. I get it about once or twice a month - usually the frozen and then once every two or three months for the dominos type (probably more often during football season - the NFL/NCAA football season that is ).

How about you?

Also do you eat your pizza frozen after its cooked the next day? My sister actually eats frozen pizza (the precooked kind of course). I never could figure out how she does it or why - don't know if she still does it any more....

I always reheat mine - the problem is always having it too cold or cooked to a brick in the microwave. I usually undercook then add ten to twenty seconds at a time to bring it up to temp.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I usually make my own.
    But Pizza is just one of those foods that no matter where you get it and how bad it might be, it's still good. And it's good the next day too. There was a time 25 years ago (before L.A. pizza was popular)that I made an effort to visit 50 different Pizza places in L.A. Took a year to do but it was a great project.

So far the only other food that I've found to be as good as Pizza is Mexican food. Must be the Tomatoes.

Tony
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I got a bread maker a few years ago, never use it much for bread, but it does a great job with pizza dough. I usually make my own pizzas.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you haven't had authentic Chicago Deep Dish pizza, you don't know what you're missing. Living in the Twin Cities, that's one of the foods I miss the most. Everytime I go back "home", I visit "Lou Malnatti's". If you like thin crust, which I also do, try "Barnaby's". Excellent beer batter dough.
    -The Mang
    Quote Quote  
  5. I've taken a liking to California Pizza Kitchen's non traditional pizza flavors like Chipotle Chicken, Tandori Chicken, and Jamaican Jerk Chicken. Fresh in their restaurant is better than the frozen ones.
    Quote Quote  
  6. NYC,Philly,Baltimore area make the best Pizza,steak subs ever.The only thing Chicago is good with and known for is "Chicago politics" corruption.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @ everyone - remember keep this to food - not politics
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  8. I swear -- Jamaican Jerk is the name of the pizza. It's not a political or racial comment!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @jagabo - relax - I was referring to Mja's post not yours
    Quote Quote  
  10. (I know, I was making a joke.)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ah - ok
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by MJA
    The only thing Chicago is good with and known for is "Chicago politics" corruption.
    How about a Chicago deepdish that started off as a Hawaiian? :P

As for pizza, homemade is the best but I'll take it however I can get it.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have been making my own when I can. (I mix my own dough, but buy the sauce, the roasted red peppers, and marinated artichoke hearts.) When I can't, I have a favorite take-out place and a favorite frozen brand to fall back on.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by cal_tony
    I usually make my own.
    But Pizza is just one of those foods that no matter where you get it and how bad it might be, it's still good. And it's good the next day too.
    I completely agree. I absolutely love homemade pizza's. The thing is usually I'm just not in the mood to do it myself so I end up cooking one of those frozen pre-made ones from the deli.

But I'll eat any pizza offered to me! Well within reason. I wont eat something with crazy toppings.
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote  
  15. I switch from different places for a variety, if ordering out I'll get Pizza Hut Pepperoni Lovers or from the local sports bar that makes a really good pizza, Tombstone brand is the only frozen pizza that I can stand on a regular basis, the Wal Mart ready to bake pizzas aren't too bad once in a while and any homemade pizza has to be made with Don Pepino sauce.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    For over 40 years a local Pizza joint made the best, bar none (including the several Chicago places that we were taken to).

Suddenly they changed the dough and the sauce - now it's average.

Same with our favorite fish place - over 40 years the best and now so-so (they used to make everything themselves: buy fresh caught fish and cut it to their standards, make their excellent Tartar sauce etc. now they’ve had to close their corporate offices and their Commissary). We may not go back.

A local market had really good meat until last year (in fact it's hard to find tender tasty ground beef for heaven’s sake - it's either bland and tender or occasionally tasty and tough - how do you change the grind to make it tough?

Poll suggestion: Has food become better/worse lately?

Tomatoes now seem like red bell-pepper (unless home grown), Thompson seedless grapes are gone and the new substitutes are lacking in flavor and sweetness, sweet, flavorful strawberries are almost impossible to find, etc.

I might have thought that it was me, except that I can occasionally find 'the real thing."

The same with lots of processed foods.

End rant.
    Andrew Jackson: "It's a poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm into homemade pizza. I can have a pizza in the oven in 20 min for under $2.00. I use a bread machine to make the dough. The machine does the work. I was the first person to make a pizza video in 1990 - "Video Pizza". No Bull! I now market a baking DVD series. There are pizza and bread making tips at the following links and even more on my site videobread.com. THINK PIZZA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.videobread.com/PizzaTrilogy.htm
    http://www.videobread.com/BreadTrilogy.htm

(Yes, this is shameless, blatant self promotion. Thanks to all my friends at videohelp.com.)
    Depends what the definition of the word inhale is.
    Quote Quote  
  18. old man videobread.lol
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've tried a over 50 different shops since I moved to the Pittsburgh area (3 years ago) in my quest to find a good pizza. They all taste the same and they all suck so now I'm making my own or buying frozen. People raised here love it. I can't stand it.

I think geography has a lot to do with the quality of pizza. I respectfully disagree that even bad pizza is good. I can't eat the rancid crap that passes for pizza in my area.

Pizza shops take note... parmesan cheese is for pasta, not pizza. Where I'm from, they keep it available for the people who want it but they don't bake it on! I'm almost certain that this is why i can't eat the pizza here.

Every time I visit home I buy an extra-large pizza on my way into town, swearing that some day I'm going to move back just so I can enjoy pizza again.

Sorry about the rant, but when you live in an area where frozen is preferrable to fresh pizza, something is REALLY wrong, you know?
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Preferably Peppino's (local chain).
    Little Ceasar's $5 deal for quick and easy.

I can't eat cold or re-heated pizza. Makes me gag.
    "Shut up Wesley!" -- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Buy My Books
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When I saw this topic this morning I knew I'd have to make a pizza today. So, it was a barbecue chicken Pizza and it was great. While we were eating, the conversation backed away from who likes pizza (because everybody likes Pizza) What do you like to drink with your pizza?

Me, sometimes wine, sometimes Cola but I would assume that like me, you can't go wrong with beer.

One of my favorite pizza places in L.A. was the Chicago Pizza Works. They provided the standard Chicago deep dish but they also had a selection of over 100 different beers.

Might be a good subject for a future poll.

Tony
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ...cold pizza and warm beer for breakfast...mmmm...

I don't eat much pizza but when I do I make my own. Santa Fe Chicken with banana peppers is my favorite. Shrimp, feta cheese and spinach is a close second.

All this food talk is making me very hungry!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Oddly enough I don't really like Pizza Hut here in US as much as the one that was near my barracks when I was stationed in Frankfurt a/ Main in the late 80's. That's probably due to the fact all the food over there is more natural.

The other good one was the pizzaria down near the Red Light District. I think Dr. Müller's Sex Shop was 2 or 3 blocks away. They made the classic pizza's with no red sauce more like the Neopolitan style (no not the ice cream).

But where I live all there is Pizza Hut, Little Caesars, Pizza Time and Frankie's. Cripes the Papa Murhy's has more flavor then the others sometimes. Especially Frankies, they use a sauce that is to sugary.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I find frozen pizza to be very light on toppings and very bland in flavour. We do have a good pizza place down the road, but I prefer to make my own. Usually lots of fresh mixed seafood, olives, anchovies, onion and three kinds of cheese
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    pizza home the best
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I LOVE pizza!!!!

It's my favourite food, goes so well with beer!

I prefer sparse toppings - I hate overloaded pizzas. I like simple Napolitan style, onion is good too on it. Also I like Greek-style vegetarian (marinated sun-dried tomatoes, fetta, olives etc).

All pizzas are good, but home-made or a good local delivery is best. And yeah next morning pizza is tops too (with a beer chaser)!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    In the city where I studied, the University "ghetto" was notorious for having pizza places serving you cheap slices that were drenched with all fat and salt... Egad!

Commuting to a further area, buying, etc were not student-friendly options, so I felt forced to make my own.

I'm glad I did and have never looked back. I love my self-made pizza!

Even now without the limited budget, great pizza places around and means to commute to others if necessary, I still prefer my own.

It's a practice that is (or at least has become over time) very much a preference instead of a necessity.
    I hate VHS. I always did.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Home made pizza all the way.

Originally Posted by MOVIEGEEK
    How about a Chicago deepdish that started off as a Hawaiian? :P

As for pizza, homemade is the best but I'll take it however I can get it.
    As for pizza, Chicago deepdish are over rated.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by SingSing
    As for pizza, Chicago deepdish are over rated.
    For you maybe, since you've probably never had a good deepdish. If you want the best deepdish, you more than likely have to go to Chicago. I have yet to have a good deepdish anywhere else.
    -The Mang
    Quote Quote