VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello all i am trying to merge mp4 files into one big one. can anyone help me out with this i know how to do so with avi using avidemux...thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can use avidemux also...it's same as for avis.

Or try YAMB.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    sweet ill check it out thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  4. This is how it works using https://www.videohelp.com/tools/AviDemux . Very important (1) set the Video format (for .mp4 select mp4 for .avi select AVI) . (2) Then open the file under File->open. (3) Then File->Append the second file and on more files. (4) Once appending is over File->Save->SaveVideo and enter the same ext of the video format of the source. I did it and it works like charm and takes very little time to merge videos.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I downloaded v2.5.6 to my MacBook, and whether I run the app from the mounted DMG or after copying it to the desktop, I cannot get the app to run. I get the app title briefly and then nothing.
    Am I missing something? Does the app require other software to be installed?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Currently, there doesn't seem to be a version of AVIDemux compiled for OS X that'll work with Lion, unfortunately.

It's not really a good idea to run apps from their disk images, though.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  7. I tried to join (using append facility) two mp4 files (each has a vobsub subtitle track) using avidemux (v2.6.0 stable version), but the resultant mp4 file doesn't contain the subtitle track! How to join these files and yet retain the subtitle within the file?
    Quote Quote