VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. Managed to get Coraline correct...That reduced about 15 gigs of extra stuff.....Anyway. My Movies. I followed the instructions above. When I click on the movie title in MyMovies it says that its loading but Powerdvd never starts. It does mount automatically in VCD but that as far as it goes. What step am I missing?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by alucard2050
    Managed to get Coraline correct...That reduced about 15 gigs of extra stuff.....Anyway. My Movies. I followed the instructions above. When I click on the movie title in MyMovies it says that its loading but Powerdvd never starts. It does mount automatically in VCD but that as far as it goes. What step am I missing?
    Make sure in Autoplay properties that PDVD is your default blu ray player

ocgw

peace
    i7 2700K @ 4.4Ghz 16GB DDR3 1600 Samsung Pro 840 128GB Seagate 2TB HDD EVGA GTX 650
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic368691.html
    Quote Quote  
  3. is autoplay in pdvd or is that a windows setting
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    is autoplay in pdvd or is that a windows setting
    autoplay is a windows setting, you can access it under "hardware and sound"

Set blu ray and DVD to PDVD

ocgw

peace
    i7 2700K @ 4.4Ghz 16GB DDR3 1600 Samsung Pro 840 128GB Seagate 2TB HDD EVGA GTX 650
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hmmm..I cant find that setting. Ive looked under sounds in the control panel and hardware. Even tried the help and support to find it but I am either blind or something..lol..thanks...
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hmmm..I cant find that setting. Ive looked under sounds in the control panel and hardware. Even tried the help and support to find it but I am either blind or something..lol..thanks...
    Did you say you were using MCE 2005 OS?

ocgw

peace
    Quote Quote  
  7. Yep....I tried Vista..Still have it. But I did not like the Ram it sucked up and I couldnt get my DVD's to play in media center as I could with 05 so I reverted back...I sure hope this is not an issue...If needed I can upgrade but I'd half to relearn some stuff.....
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yep....I tried Vista..Still have it. But I did not like the Ram it sucked up and I couldnt get my DVD's to play in media center as I could with 05 so I reverted back...I sure hope this is not an issue...If needed I can upgrade but I'd half to relearn some stuff.....
    Windows 7/Media Center 7/PowerDVD "is the bomb"

ocgw

peace
    Quote Quote  
  9. OK! Windows 7 is in. Of course its only the demo but its installed....I'm up and running. the interface is aggrivating but I guess I will get used to it. I have to take each my my DVD rips and place those into VIDEO_TS folders to get it to play which is going to take some time. As of now they are just in a file structure in a folder named after the movie. 2005 would play it automaticaly when I clicked the folder. Anyway. Questions:

1. With Windows 7. Are there processes that I can stop running in the background. Such as why is my desktop changing every 30 minutes? I'm sure its a program running I dont need to have running. What about all these desktop animations. Thats got to suck some ram. I'm limited to 3.5 gigs and windows 7 is now takeing 1 of them.

2. I have my display options set to 1080p....when I play a Blu-Ray ISO the only way I can fill the screen with a picture is if I select zoom in media center. I have full screen selected in powerdvd but its a movie box within the dementions of my TV.

3. Movie titles that are not in the IMDB. Even when I use the barcode on my box still has no information. Is there a way to retreive this info for Mymovies? maybe another site or something?

4. In 2005. I had video clips that were wmv and avi and mpeg. It would show like a thumbnail in media center taken from the clip. now its just a blank box with the description of what it is. How do I make these thumbnails again in Windows 7 media center?

Thanks.........
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK! Windows 7 is in. Of course its only the demo but its installed....I'm up and running. the interface is aggrivating but I guess I will get used to it. I have to take each my my DVD rips and place those into VIDEO_TS folders to get it to play which is going to take some time. As of now they are just in a file structure in a folder named after the movie. 2005 would play it automaticaly when I clicked the folder. Anyway. Questions:

1. With Windows 7. Are there processes that I can stop running in the background. Such as why is my desktop changing every 30 minutes? I'm sure its a program running I dont need to have running. What about all these desktop animations. Thats got to suck some ram. I'm limited to 3.5 gigs and windows 7 is now takeing 1 of them.

2. I have my display options set to 1080p....when I play a Blu-Ray ISO the only way I can fill the screen with a picture is if I select zoom in media center. I have full screen selected in powerdvd but its a movie box within the dementions of my TV.

3. Movie titles that are not in the IMDB. Even when I use the barcode on my box still has no information. Is there a way to retreive this info for Mymovies? maybe another site or something?

4. In 2005. I had video clips that were wmv and avi and mpeg. It would show like a thumbnail in media center taken from the clip. now its just a blank box with the description of what it is. How do I make these thumbnails again in Windows 7 media center?

Thanks.........
    Make your DVD rips iso for smoother playback

1. That is the default setting for backgrounds, it isn't a resource hog

2. I don't know why it is displaying in a box

3. In MyMovies when you select a movie click "change data", put in the name of the movie and it will search for movie titles, and then you pick the best 1

4. It should be in display or folder settings, but since all my movies are iso I haven't dealt w/ that yet

You have come a long way tho' m8 lol

ocgw

peace
    Quote Quote  
  11. Its like the actual powerdvd window is at full screen but the movie is not in full screen unless I turn on the zoom feature...Lol..Anyway. Not a big deal thier..

Windows 7 is giving me some small issues. When I select My Computer it tends to be continually searching for the drives. A reboot solves this.

My Videos and Photos. Like home videos and such tend to lose thier image thumbnails that are generated in the folders as well as in the Media Center application/ Hopefully thats a bug that can be fixed.

I did manage to shut down some of the fancy stuff thats not needed to do what I want windows to do.

I did not have my Dvd collection catagorized in My Movies in 2005 MCE. So now the lengthy process of doing that. Course I have to place the files in a Video_ts folder or ISO....Lengthy...Lol.....But If I'm going to use My Movies to flash some fancy movie collection box covers for Blu-Ray I might as well do my DvD's also.

I need to get some more TB HD's. Now I've enterned the Blu-ray zone I need more space....Lol

This is great that I can do all this now. I really appreciate the help. Its also nice to have sweet media center to flash to the ladies..Lol....I had to throw that out there. Personal satisfaction is one thing but come on....Lol....
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Its like the actual powerdvd window is at full screen but the movie is not in full screen unless I turn on the zoom feature...Lol..Anyway. Not a big deal thier..

Windows 7 is giving me some small issues. When I select My Computer it tends to be continually searching for the drives. A reboot solves this.

My Videos and Photos. Like home videos and such tend to lose thier image thumbnails that are generated in the folders as well as in the Media Center application/ Hopefully thats a bug that can be fixed.

I did manage to shut down some of the fancy stuff thats not needed to do what I want windows to do.

I did not have my Dvd collection catagorized in My Movies in 2005 MCE. So now the lengthy process of doing that. Course I have to place the files in a Video_ts folder or ISO....Lengthy...Lol.....But If I'm going to use My Movies to flash some fancy movie collection box covers for Blu-Ray I might as well do my DvD's also.

I need to get some more TB HD's. Now I've enterned the Blu-ray zone I need more space....Lol

This is great that I can do all this now. I really appreciate the help. Its also nice to have sweet media center to flash to the ladies..Lol....I had to throw that out there. Personal satisfaction is one thing but come on....Lol....
    Don't let Zoobie hear you talkin' 'bout flashin' your media center to the ladies, in his "buckstering?" world, HTPC enthusiasts are supposed to be Harry Potter fan/Star Wars fan/"coke bottles"/"buck teef"/"real ladies magnets" (sarc)

He might drop the "nurd bomb" on you

rotflmao

ocgw

peace
    Quote Quote  
  13. Aargh! When Windows 7 works it great. But Its causing me great greef. Losing thumbnail generation. Both in a window and in the mediacenter app....Losing sound connection shuting down video playback. Drives seem to become lost. Have to reboot......

I have got it all running. My main reason for going to Windows 7 was for the Windows feature to select powerdvd to play all blu-rays. I can do this within my movies and windows7. I select the movie. It mounts the image. Then it opens powerdvd in full screen with just a click of the selected movie.......When I use mce2005 can I do the same. Seems as if the windows selection in 2005 to have powerdvd play blu-rays is different than in windows7. I am seriously thinking of switching back to 2005 do to the win7 aggrivations. When it plays its great. but when it crashes and bugs out it pisses me off....Thanks......
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Aargh! When Windows 7 works it great. But Its causing me great greef. Losing thumbnail generation. Both in a window and in the mediacenter app....Losing sound connection shuting down video playback. Drives seem to become lost. Have to reboot......

I have got it all running. My main reason for going to Windows 7 was for the Windows feature to select powerdvd to play all blu-rays. I can do this within my movies and windows7. I select the movie. It mounts the image. Then it opens powerdvd in full screen with just a click of the selected movie.......When I use mce2005 can I do the same. Seems as if the windows selection in 2005 to have powerdvd play blu-rays is different than in windows7. I am seriously thinking of switching back to 2005 do to the win7 aggrivations. When it plays its great. but when it crashes and bugs out it pisses me off....Thanks......
    The first time I installed Win 7 it was buggy, but I liked it, I did another fresh install (w/ the same disc) and it has worked bug free for me every since @ high overclock

ocgw

peace
    Quote Quote  
  15. I mite do a fresh install with the same disk to see if it works any better. I like it but the bugs are agrivating...Plus losing all my thumbnails is terrible. cause they dont immediatly start to refresh. Some dont even come back at all. Its hard to find some photos in a 2000 file folder when the ones you want are named generic names. Same with my vids. Bout 800 vids. Home movies and such. All generically named...Picture thumbnails are a great invent.....I'll retry a fresh install see if it does anything....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I better watch out...You guys might whack me with your light-sabers
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by zoobie
    I better watch out...You guys might whack me with your light-sabers
    I don't have a "light saber" lol, but watch out, I might whack ya' wit' ma' backlit keyboard

ocgw

peace
    Quote Quote  
  18. Lol.....I admit. I have a lightsaber....
    Quote Quote  
  19. Just did a fresh install of Win7 again...I think this has solved the problems I was having with Win7....Bought a new TB drive for more space to backup. Now for the lengthy process of cutting and pasting to a USB2.0 drive....lol..Thanx....
    Quote Quote  
  20. Next problem....It appears that I am unable to get sound from a True-HD source....I'm backing up escape to witch mountain. In TsMuxer I can edit out the other languages that are AC3 and the subs. Leaving the video and True-HD audio file which is the only english audio file...No sound in the finished product. If I play The M2ts file before I send it to TsMuxer it plays but the default language is something else...So I know I have sound just not in Ture HD...Would this be correct or is there another English audio file for the movie elsewhere? Thanx....
    Quote Quote  
  21. this should be the end to all this delema I have had.....I was haveing too many probs with win7 even after a fresh re-install so I re-installed mce2005....Here's what my final setup is........

I can still use My Movies to select the Blu-Ray ISO. I have my ISO's set to open in VCD. So when I click the movie it will then mount to VCD.....Once its loaded I then go backward to the Powerdvd plug-in and click it with all the needed setting for full screen and what not and then it plays the ISO with NO problem all from the remote I can stop the movie. Go back to MyMovies and repeat the process with a different movie at my leasure.....Blu-Ray all the way baby..he he! Now to get some huneys over for movie night..Lol.....

Next topic I start I will upload a pic of the scrambling I get every once in a while from a blu-ray.....Today it happened when I played Escape to Witch mountain. I closed Powerdvd then re-opened it and the movie then played fine....Anyway. Thats next.....Thanx to all that helped........

MCE2005
    2.4GZ Processor
    3.5G DDR
    4.5 TB External HD
    Radeon 4550 HDMI w/7.1 sound
    Pioneer Elite w/ Pure Direct 7.1 surround sound
    65" Mitsubishi 1080p projection
    Quote Quote