Search Comp PM
    "Oh look, honey....nurds!"
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by zoobie
    "Oh look, honey....nurds!"
    zzzzzzzzzzzz................

Funny thing about this kid that likes calling me a "nurd", Look @ this assclown's "hand coded websites" and you will see a hereto never before seen level of nurd, I mean this guy is really "pushing the nurd envelope"

http://buskercentral.com/

dudes a freakin' nurd legend

rotflmao

ocgw

peace
    i7 2700K @ 4.4Ghz 16GB DDR3 1600 Samsung Pro 840 128GB Seagate 2TB HDD EVGA GTX 650
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic368691.html
    Quote Quote  
  3. Lol....K..Back to my problem...I'm backing up to PC number 1 to protect from damage that my little one has done to disks and number 2 the ease of selecting from remote control...My PS3 I stick with games and watching Blu-Ray that I cant run from my Media Center. I dont understand how to stream the M2ts file from my PC to my Ps3. I dont have problems with other video just Blu-Ray. Nor can I use an ISO with my Ps3. Anyhelp would be great.

Next example. I tried Watchmen. The intros play without a problem but as soon as the "main movie" is supposed to start the screen freezes. Well not freezes exactly. Just black screen. I click stop. The main Powerdvd logo screen appears. I ripped to file mode to see what would happen if I just played the m2ts file and it has no single movie file. Its split into several files and language is foreign for the multiple movie files.

I did Coraline the other day. Not a problem except I have to deal with a scrambled image until the main movie starts. Then its flawless. Dark Night Iso will not play at all and the M2ts file is skippy.

PC specs
    Media Center 05
    AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core 4200+2.19Ghz
    2.5 GB Ram
    ATI Radeon HD 4550 512MB

I have very minimal software running. Primarily software for Media Center to operate. Ive got Directx9c installed. Cant install 10 cause I dont have vista.

I can upgrade my Ram another half gig to make a total of 3 gig instead of 2.5. If you think that will help.

I have my video running 720p through HDMI.

I've tried several different versions of Powerdvd 7.3-whatever...At least I have the key that came bundled with my player....

I've installed more codec packages than I have ever seen in my life. (Prolly dont need most of them)

Splitting the M2ts file then remuxing it sounds like a pain but I know nothing about that process so I mite have to look into that as long as I lose NO quality. I just like the idea of single ISO that with 1 click was done.

I still dont understand when the decrypting process happens. Is it when I rip to ISO or is it when the ISO is playing? Where is the selection for completely removing the encryption?

I read so much stuff and it sounds like everyone has it so simple. Am I makeing it harder than it is? Thanks for any help.....
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by alucard2050
    Lol....K..Back to my problem...I'm backing up to PC number 1 to protect from damage that my little one has done to disks and number 2 the ease of selecting from remote control...My PS3 I stick with games and watching Blu-Ray that I cant run from my Media Center. I dont understand how to stream the M2ts file from my PC to my Ps3. I dont have problems with other video just Blu-Ray. Nor can I use an ISO with my Ps3. Anyhelp would be great.

Next example. I tried Watchmen. The intros play without a problem but as soon as the "main movie" is supposed to start the screen freezes. Well not freezes exactly. Just black screen. I click stop. The main Powerdvd logo screen appears. I ripped to file mode to see what would happen if I just played the m2ts file and it has no single movie file. Its split into several files and language is foreign for the multiple movie files.

I did Coraline the other day. Not a problem except I have to deal with a scrambled image until the main movie starts. Then its flawless. Dark Night Iso will not play at all and the M2ts file is skippy.

PC specs
    Media Center 05
    AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core 4200+2.19Ghz
    2.5 GB Ram
    ATI Radeon HD 4550 512MB

I have very minimal software running. Primarily software for Media Center to operate. Ive got Directx9c installed. Cant install 10 cause I dont have vista.

I can upgrade my Ram another half gig to make a total of 3 gig instead of 2.5. If you think that will help.

I have my video running 720p through HDMI.

I've tried several different versions of Powerdvd 7.3-whatever...At least I have the key that came bundled with my player....

I've installed more codec packages than I have ever seen in my life. (Prolly dont need most of them)

Splitting the M2ts file then remuxing it sounds like a pain but I know nothing about that process so I mite have to look into that as long as I lose NO quality. I just like the idea of single ISO that with 1 click was done.

I still dont understand when the decrypting process happens. Is it when I rip to ISO or is it when the ISO is playing? Where is the selection for completely removing the encryption?

I read so much stuff and it sounds like everyone has it so simple. Am I makeing it harder than it is? Thanks for any help.....
    The simple way to do it is................

1.Use TsMuxeR w/ Slysoft AnyDVD HD running in the background to strip out copy protection, extra subtitles and unneeded sound tracks, and to also join the many individual .m2ts files of a "seamless branching disc"

2. Make iso w/ imgburn, put each iso files in a folder named after the movie so you can use it w/ the MyMovies front end later

play iso w/ PDVD

these are the 2 programs that you must learn to use, ppl here will help you get past any sticking points

3. After you master 1. and 2. we will help you set up MyMovies in media Center

btw AnyDVD rips out the protection when it rips by default unless you tell it not to

TsMuxeR does the demuxing (splitting) and the remuxing (rejoining) for you

ocgw

peace
    i7 2700K @ 4.4Ghz 16GB DDR3 1600 Samsung Pro 840 128GB Seagate 2TB HDD EVGA GTX 650
    Quote Quote  
  5. Just tried Haali Media splitter for the M2ts file from Dark Night...Audio was of by about 3 seconds. Tried a few different settings but same result. Also the audio and video was VERY choppy. The choppy I was getting from playing the straight m2ts was more of a skipping like it was skipping frames. Doing this was choppy and freezing.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just tried Haali Media splitter for the M2ts file from Dark Night...Audio was of by about 3 seconds. Tried a few different settings but same result. Also the audio and video was VERY choppy. The choppy I was getting from playing the straight m2ts was more of a skipping like it was skipping frames. Doing this was choppy and freezing.
    You are not going about it the right way m8

It is choppy because when you play the .m2ts rather than iso you do not get gfx hardware acceleration, and your using a mid level dual core cpu from 3 years ago, it is not quite up to the task

Now you have a great gfx card, it will handle HD video w/o much help needed from the cpu

stick to making iso work my friend

ocgw

peace
    Quote Quote  
  7. hmmm...i was ripping straight 2 iso with anydvdhd...so you think if I demux then remux as you described that mite help? what about the sound delay that I had with my test I ran? I just used haali splitter...are there setting I have 2 set when I demux and remux? does this process still keep the 1080p as well as 7.1 sound? thanx
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hmmm...i was ripping straight 2 iso with anydvdhd...so you think if I demux then remux as you described that mite help? what about the sound delay that I had with my test I ran? I just used haali splitter...are there setting I have 2 set when I demux and remux? does this process still keep the 1080p as well as 7.1 sound? thanx
    TsMuxeR is a evolved tool, you won't have any sync issues, it remuxes and demuxes in 1 step, and you can pick what ever sound tracks or subtitles you want, and the original movie is untouched 1080p

2-step process should take less than a hour on your PC

ocgw

peace
    Quote Quote  
  9. sweet! I will try this process when I get home later...i truly only want the movie. I've got no need for a menu or chapter selection. except for fast forwarding....and subtitles and other languages I usually leave off my dvd rips so bluray can do without...sweet! I didn't know I could take that stuff out. I thought it was only straight 1 to 1 copy.......
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    alucard2050, how are you streaming from PC to PS3?

What software are you using and are the files streamed using hardwire or wifi?
    Regards,

Rob
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    sweet! I will try this process when I get home later...i truly only want the movie. I've got no need for a menu or chapter selection. except for fast forwarding....and subtitles and other languages I usually leave off my dvd rips so bluray can do without...sweet! I didn't know I could take that stuff out. I thought it was only straight 1 to 1 copy.......
    saves a heck of a lot of space on the HDD too

ocgw

peace
    Quote Quote  
  12. I'm useing ps3 media server....wifi connection...i can do some wma files and mpeg files and dvds are the vob files. no bluray files or isos will work. unless I'm missing sumthing there on the ps3 front....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I think the wifi may be an issue - you are asking it to stream a lot of data (20Gb+) in real-time.

Strip the non-essential crap out using TSMuxer to get your m2ts file and see if you can copy it to PS3 over wifi using your media server (disrect the PS3 to the file on the server and press the green triangle and chose copy).

If it takes longer to copy the file than it's duration, your wifi is a bottleneck.
    Regards,

Rob
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    PS3 and wi-fi isn't my "thing", but can't you run a ethernet cable to PS3?

ocgw

peace
    Quote Quote  
  15. OK..I'm at the point of tsmuxer...im lost. in the input is where i place the m2ts file correct. I'm currently doing Dark Night cause its just 1 file. I'm checking the video and the trueHD boxes for video and audio..is my output supposed to be m2ts or another format?Do I need to mess with anything under the other tabs like General/Blu-Ray/split and Cut/ Ect.......? Then on Imgburn do I need to select certain options or use default? And when I make the ISO file am I just useing the newly created m2ts file or do I need other files? Thanks..........

BTW-I am unsure about my ps3..If I can get this to work in my PC with Media Center like my dvd collection does I will happy..My second option might be to get an external drive hooked up to my Ps3 and if possible run the Blu-Ray backups from it. Problem with that is if my little girl wants to watch something its going to be on the main TV instead of playing in her room.........
    Quote Quote  
  16. Nah, navigate to the Streams folder and choose the biggest m2ts file, play with MPCHC to make certain it's the main movie. Now go to the Playlists folder and select the associated *.mpls file. Example: say the main movie is 00002.m2ts, choose the 00002.mpls file. That way you're certain to keep the chapter info if output is BD or AVCHD. Click the Blu-Ray tab and you'll see the chapters are set at "Custom" and the timings will be in the list. The 00002.m2ts will load, along with audio tracks and all PGS (Presentation Graphics Streams) files (subs). Deselect what you don't want and "Start Muxing".

Good luck.

[EDIT] Dunno anything about your PS3 or Wii, so dunno what your output should be.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK..I'm at the point of tsmuxer...im lost. in the input is where i place the m2ts file correct. I'm currently doing Dark Night cause its just 1 file. I'm checking the video and the trueHD boxes for video and audio..is my output supposed to be m2ts or another format?Do I need to mess with anything under the other tabs like General/Blu-Ray/split and Cut/ Ect.......? Then on Imgburn do I need to select certain options or use default? And when I make the ISO file am I just useing the newly created m2ts file or do I need other files? Thanks..........

BTW-I am unsure about my ps3..If I can get this to work in my PC with Media Center like my dvd collection does I will happy..My second option might be to get an external drive hooked up to my Ps3 and if possible run the Blu-Ray backups from it. Problem with that is if my little girl wants to watch something its going to be on the main TV instead of playing in her room.........
    90-95% of the time using the largest .m2ts file works, set the output to blu ray, if the rip fails, or if the movie is broken up into several small .m2ts files I suggest using the mpls file

I suggest using 1 of these 3 to find the correct mpls file

BD Info
    BD Edit
    eac3to

of the three actually eac3to is my fav

ocgw

peace
    Quote Quote  
  18. Ummmmm..Problem. I select the main movie m2ts file...it breaks out into the different audio files and subs files but there is NO mpls file for the audio...all the files are 00007.m2ts but the codecs are different. so I selct the true hd file for audio as well as the main video file.......now its talking about changing to udf and file size too large. I did those popups.....should my output be checked TSMUxing/ M2ts muxing/ Blu-Ray/ Ect..Ect......? Also everything I had selected for this test I'm currently doing gave me nothing as far as keeping the original chapters.....
    Quote Quote  
  19. aaargh! OK...Dark Night as a test...When I go to mount the new ISO a window pops up with the original m2ts file in it. I click it and of course powerdvd plays from File Mode the original m2ts file. I made with tsmuxer.......I close it and powerdvd says "unsupported file"........
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ummmmm..Problem. I select the main movie m2ts file...it breaks out into the different audio files and subs files but there is NO mpls file for the audio...all the files are 00007.m2ts but the codecs are different. so I selct the true hd file for audio as well as the main video file.......now its talking about changing to udf and file size too large. I did those popups.....should my output be checked TSMUxing/ M2ts muxing/ Blu-Ray/ Ect..Ect......? Also everything I had selected for this test I'm currently doing gave me nothing as far as keeping the original chapters.....
    Set output to blu ray

TsMuxeR by default makes a chapter every 5 minutes

ocgw

peace
    Quote Quote  
  21. Now i've already ripped the actual disk and am loading the m2ts file from my hard drive correct? In Dark Night I have found the main movie m2ts file...Its only 1 file...But I set my output to m2ts not blu-ray................wait a minute..when I add files to tsmuxer. do I need other files from the blu-ray other than the main movie file or just that 1 single file? (In this case Dark Night movie is just 1 m2ts file but are chapters in another file somewhere from the rip?)....I selected the main movie file and the file for true HD as the audio and removed the other files which I assume are the spanish and french and subs...Let me try the blu-ray output mode now......
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Now i've already ripped the actual disk and am loading the m2ts file from my hard drive correct? In Dark Night I have found the main movie m2ts file...Its only 1 file...But I set my output to m2ts not blu-ray................wait a minute..when I add files to tsmuxer. do I need other files from the blu-ray other than the main movie file or just that 1 single file? (In this case Dark Night movie is just 1 m2ts file but are chapters in another file somewhere from the rip?)....I selected the main movie file and the file for true HD as the audio and removed the other files which I assume are the spanish and french and subs...Let me try the blu-ray output mode now......
    the 1 .m2ts file has everything you need in it

going to bed now see ya' tomorrow

ocgw

peace
    Quote Quote  
  23. OK..Just found the mpls files in playlist.....Main movie is 00007 but there is no 00007mpls file...I did find a large mpls file and when I selected it it opened a whole new list in tsmuxer of audio and video files...
    Quote Quote  
  24. Success!!!Dark Night is now a success...The new ISO plays flawlessly..Now to move forward to Watchmen that is split into multiple m2ts files...Thank you thank you thank you.....lol
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Success!!!Dark Night is now a success...The new ISO plays flawlessly..Now to move forward to Watchmen that is split into multiple m2ts files...Thank you thank you thank you.....lol
    TsMuxeR is sweet ain't it, and it is made in Russia lol

ocgw

peace
    Quote Quote  
  26. Seems like when I select an m2ts file I dont get what i'm looking for. But when I select the correct mpls file it gives me exactly what I am looking for. I did Watchmen this way but I selected the mpls file that contained the movie but had some commentary cuts during diffferent scenes so I'm trying the other big mpls file. Is there a way to preview what you are about to do or in the process of doing with tsmuxer or do you have to wait for the finished product?
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Seems like when I select an m2ts file I dont get what i'm looking for. But when I select the correct mpls file it gives me exactly what I am looking for. I did Watchmen this way but I selected the mpls file that contained the movie but had some commentary cuts during diffferent scenes so I'm trying the other big mpls file. Is there a way to preview what you are about to do or in the process of doing with tsmuxer or do you have to wait for the finished product?
    If there is director's comments video in a single .m2ts 98% it is because there is a 2nd video stream (usually @ a lower res)

only pick 1 video, and 1 audio and 98% of the time you will be ok w/ the right .m2ts

sometimes you have 2 seperate main movie .m2ts files and the slightly shorter 1 is the the 1 w/o director's comment

the top mpls picked by eac3to is always the right main movie in my experience

Although you can get away w/ just picking the big .m2ts file 95% of the time mpls is always the preffered method w/ Tsmuxer, sometimes they will fool ya' w/ 2 big .m2ts files and it is not 1 w/ directors comments and 1 w/o, it will be 2 halves of the movie as a "layer break"

every movie is different

ocgw

peace
    Quote Quote  
  28. Success with Watchmen I'm heading to redo my other ISOs so I can strip out the fancy uneeded stuff..Its only about 4 movies...lol......My next step is to get this like you said to run from Mymovies in 2005 media center.....I used it for a small amount of my DVD collection but thought it was easier to have my vids in folders then click on the folders containing VIDEOTS folder and the DVD would start.....If there's a way to do this with blu-ray ISOs that I'm now understanding a little more that would be great. At the moment I have to mount each ISO each time and reopen Powerdvd. I have Powerdvd app installed in media center but all it does is minimize media center and open Powerdvd......Can this be done with the blu-ray ISOs to play within Media Center 05? It would be easier if I was watching a movie and if it got boring being able to simply select another folder from with the program rather than have to screw around with a mouse. Mounting and unmounting each time...Thanks..Its beeen truly a help so far..................
    Quote Quote  
  29. I just redid caroline which had the scrambled video at the intro screen but the main movie played fine. I was going to eliminate the junk stuff and keep the main movie just like I have now done with Watchmen and Dark Night. On completion the movie was scrambled. I swear its like I see the images of the movie but the are loaded with multicolor blocks. this has to be some kind of codec issue. Or maybe some kind of issue switching from 1 format to another. Its weird.....
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Success with Watchmen I'm heading to redo my other ISOs so I can strip out the fancy uneeded stuff..Its only about 4 movies...lol......My next step is to get this like you said to run from Mymovies in 2005 media center.....I used it for a small amount of my DVD collection but thought it was easier to have my vids in folders then click on the folders containing VIDEOTS folder and the DVD would start.....If there's a way to do this with blu-ray ISOs that I'm now understanding a little more that would be great. At the moment I have to mount each ISO each time and reopen Powerdvd. I have Powerdvd app installed in media center but all it does is minimize media center and open Powerdvd......Can this be done with the blu-ray ISOs to play within Media Center 05? It would be easier if I was watching a movie and if it got boring being able to simply select another folder from with the program rather than have to screw around with a mouse. Mounting and unmounting each time...Thanks..Its beeen truly a help so far..................
    OK, you're doing fine, now just drop the iso files in a folder the same name as the movie, this is how Media Center/MyMovies will auto recognize the movie and it will give it somewhere to put the coverart and stuff

If you have.........

1. VCD set as the default program to open iso files

2. PDVD as the default program to open Blu Rays

3. PDVD's default disc drive is your VCD drive letter

4. PDVD autoresume setting is "always play from the beginning"

5. PDVD set to "run @ full screen"

6. PDVD set to default player of blu ray in Auto play properties

then all you have to do is click on the iso file 1 time and it will open up to full screen and play w/ 1 click

when you click on a iso file, or elect it in Media Center VCD automatically unmounts the last movie, no need for manual unmounting

When you have MyMovies installed when you click on your movie it will close MC, open PDVD, and play the movie from the beginning @ full screen

Just like magic

ps. a shortcut to a iso icon can be substituted for a bitmap of the coverart

ocgw

peace
    Quote Quote