VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I'm i missing something here? I have been thinking about getting a blu ray burner to burn HD tv to blu ray discs.Now i have the TV show recorded as a 10gb PAL TS Stream.However so far every dvd/blu ray authoring software seems to re-encode the video to a 17-18gb file.It takes about 3 hours...

Is this how blu ray authoring works? If yes what is the best program to use that gives the best results after re-encoding the file?

Now i know i can go down the multiAVCHD route and get ts/mkv files onto a disc without re-encoding but i want to make a proper menu etc in Vegas 9,Tmpgenc/Coral dvd 7 etc

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you also tried demultiplex your ts(with for example tsmuxer) and import separate video and audio files in the authoring applications?

And is your source really blu-ray compliant?

But I guess you have to wait for something like dvd-lab pro for blu-ray as I think most blu-ray authorings apps reconverts most stuff even if it's compliant.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    steve99999 wrote:
    Now i know i can go down the multiAVCHD route and get ts/mkv files onto a disc without re-encoding but i want to make a proper menu etc in Vegas 9,Tmpgenc/Coral dvd 7 etc
    Who said you can't make a proper menu using multiAVCHD? It takes a little creativity, but it's certainly doable. Here's one I did last week for a BD-9 disk authored with multiAVCHD:

Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    AFAIK, you can only make a static top menu in multiAVCHD at this time...the others crash.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I can't even make a static menu in multiAVCHD cause it says something about an application not working properly
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Multiavchd doesnt crash for me on any settings or menus,make sure you have all the codecs installed properly such as Avisynth 2.58,haali media splitter,ffdshow or Xvid-1.2.2 for xvid avi.

I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Trouble is it seems you can only have 12 thumbnails per movie
    I am trying to author a concert with 13 songs.So i need 13 thumbnails for the tracks and it would be a bonus if i could name each thumbnail...
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can make a separate track for each song and name it and have thumbnails for it,not that hard to make in multiavchd.
    Quote Quote  
  9. What's the best software to split a ts H.264 TS file?
    I have tried a few...
    TSSniper
    ProjectX
    TS Packet Editor

But cannot get the hang of them...
    Quote Quote  
  10. Update...
    Just used TS cutter to split the file up.Works but when i playback the tracks after authoring them.There is a slight stutter between all the tracks...
    Any idea whats going wrong?
    thanks
    Quote Quote  
  11. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Did you try tsmuxer or multiavchd to cut the file?
    Quote Quote  
  12. tsmuxer cuts file but the resulting files are all out of sync
    Multiavchd also results in a stutter pause between each track...
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm stuck with the same problem.
    When I burn my BDMV directory on a DVD my LG BD370 plays all individual shot seamless back without a pause.

Now I want to drop some files and some files from a later SDcard.
    Running it through multiAVCHD give me a pause between the takes.

So i tested all the original cards - burn it direct om DVD no pause.
    running the files through multiAVCHD and burning the originals (without altering anything!!!) between every shot a pause!

What am i doing wrong? Is the a switch I'm overlooking?

(In fact all I need is a index an a obj editor.)
    Quote Quote