VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    In playing around with DVDFAB and ANY DVD HD, I realize that when making an ISO image, the source has to be directly from the disc. It cannot be from files already ripped on your hard drive.

Is there a program like DVDSHRINK where your source can be files already ripped on your hard drive and convert it into an iso?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    imgburn does.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I was also thinking Imgburn, but i was not sure if it would work n a bluray disc.

Also i know dvdfab will read from a folder or image on your hdd and does not have to be directly from a disc, but only for standard dvd's.
    I never messed with bluray so i was not sure about that either.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I did try imgburn, but I get a little confused because when I'm selecting where the blu-ray movie is, there are so many subfolders. Do I just go to the STREAM folder? If so, once created, is the iso image the exact copy of how the blu ray should be with menus and everything?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you want an ISO then you want all the folders that you ripped, not just one or two of the sub folders.

The best way would be to use AnyDVD in the background, then just use Imgburn's "Create image file from disc" option and select your BluRay as the source. As AnyDVD will remove all the protection on the fly, Imgburn will just see it as an ordinary disc.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Below is what I get when I select the STREAM folder.

"You've only selected 1 folder, containing just Blu Ray video files!

Does the STREAM folder represent what should be a BDMV folder in the root directory of the image?

(Otherwise, the STREAM folder will be visible in the root directory of the image.)"
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by guns1inger
    If you want an ISO then you want all the folders that you ripped, not just one or two of the sub folders.

The best way would be to use AnyDVD in the background, then just use Imgburn's "Create image file from disc" option and select your BluRay as the source. As AnyDVD will remove all the protection on the fly, Imgburn will just see it as an ordinary disc.
    Guns1inger, but what if the Blu Ray files have already been ripped to hard drive? Do I then select create image from files/folders? Then select the title folder as the source? For Example, Day After Tomorrow FOLDER, inside this folder is 2 folders BDMV and CERTIFICATE. So I guess what I'm asking is do I keep clicking inside the BDMV folder until I get to STREAM, or do I select the very first folder that says DAY AFTER TOMORROW?

I ask this because I'm used to doing DVDs where I do not select the title folder, I select the video folder.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Create Image from Files/Folders, navigate to the title folder, double-click it, then select the BDMV and Certificate folders

that's it
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    lawbringer is absolutely right, or you can "drag and drop" the 2 folders into the window

You need both these folders to make a blu ray compliant disc so your disc is playable on the widest range of stand alone players

if you are using BD Rebuilder check the box "stricter compliance for avchd"

then patch w/ avchd patcher 1.06 set to "100" for the highest level of compliancy

ocgw

peace
    i7 2700K @ 4.4Ghz 16GB DDR3 1600 Samsung Pro 840 128GB Seagate 2TB HDD EVGA GTX 650
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic368691.html
    Quote Quote