VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I purchased a Pinnacle Video Transfer (PVT). I already had a copy of Pinnacle Studio 10, assuming I would be able to read the PVT created files in and edit them into custom sequences for my children. I had a little trouble setting up (formatting a 1 TB external Hard drive into FAT32 format) but was able to resolve them. I went on to transfer many hours of VHSC tapes to the external hard drive to preserver our family videos without having to use my computer. It works well.

My problem comes in that Pinnacle 10 (now unsupported) will not read the MP4 file format (created using H.264). My computer is milimeters short (1.73 Ghz laptop) of being able to run the current Pinnacle 12 product (requires 1.8 Ghz).

Is there any video conversion software that would convert the H.264 MP4 (which plays fine in my Windows Media Player) into another format that Pinnacle Studio 10 will support (i.e. MPEG 2)? Maybe Pinnacle 11 has lower PC requirements and would work too as it appears they made a fix to read the PVT MP4 files in that version.

I hate to think I also have to upgrade my computer. Thanks for any ideas.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, there are several software that can reconvert mp4 h264. I would first try MP4Cam2AVI and see if you can import the avi in Pinnacle. Or else convert to avi(with mjpeg, huffyuv, dv or lagarith video) or mpeg2 using WInFF, Format Factory, Super, Xvid4PSP, avidemux, etc.

But have you tried latest Pinnacle? or maybe there is no demo/trial.

Or try other editors like vegas movie studio.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I found a way to make Pinnacle Studio 10 import MP4 movies (encoded with avc1 H.264/MPEG4 as reported by GSpot).
    My Sony T90 camera creates High Def videos and I needed Pinnacle to read them.

1. Download and install the Pinnacle H264 Codec => http://rapidshare.com/files/124728940/Pinnacle.H264.CODEC.v2.0.527.rar
    NAV thinks it's a virus, but apparently not; so you may have to disable it for a while.

2. Run the normal install Pinnacle.H264.CODEC.v2.0.527.exe

3. Now the problem is, the installer forgot to copy the codec into the programs directory:
    copy "C:\Program Files\Pinnacle\Shared Files\Filter\H264Codec.ax" "C:\Program Files\Pinnacle\Studio 10\programs"

That's it. Now start Studio 10 and browse for an MP4 H264 video file; the thumbnail should now populate and be able to be dragged to the timeline.

- Steve
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello guys, I know this is a VERY OLD thread, but would anyone please hand me a copy of Pinnacle.H264.CODEC.v2.0.527.exe?

I could restore most of my pinnacle studio 10 stuff but this file.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Check your private messages.
    Quote Quote