VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've got to deliver a video for a 3 projector setup and the specification I got was to compress a 2875 x 768 .mpg or .wmv og .avi file. With no more than 3000 kbps and a file size no more than 250 mb.

With sorenson squeeze or FFMPEG I'm not able to hit those specifications. Either because mpg dosn't allow uneven sizes or avi in sorenson don't go beyond 1920 px width or that 2875 px is not divideable by 16 in FFMPEG.

What to do?

I tried to project a wmv file with the closest width dividable by 16 - 2880 - but it looks quite blurred..
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    2875x768 is 6% more pixels to encode than 1920x1080.

Try h264, but I don't think you will get anywhere with a 3k bitrate.
    Regards,

Rob
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't think you will find any encoder that is happy with an odd numbered resolution, and any that does encode to that resolution won't be doing a great job of it around the edges. I would be encoding at 2880 x 768, which is divisible by 16, will be handled by any good encoder, and is close enough to 2875 that the minor distortion produced by squeezing it down a little won't be noticed.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks fellars.. I'll try a new compression in 2880 x 768 and see if it is my compression setting that was off. They don't take h264 unfortunately..
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What is the running time ?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  6. and what is the source format and size?
    Quote Quote