VideoHelp Forum

Poll: How old are you - part 2 (no lying now)

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Thread
  1. lacywest wrote:
    And how many folks here ... can jump up into the air and with both feet kick your self in the butt and land back down ... gracefully back on to your feet.
    No need, I have people that do that for me on a regular basis. Not make the jump for me, mind you, but kick me in the butt with both feet

Seriously, glad to hear you are healthy. Makes it hard to call you an old geezer! Age is more in the mind than the body my Grand Father used to say. Seems you prove him right

--dES
    "You can observe a lot by watching." - Yogi Bera
    http://www.areturningadultstudent.com
    Quote Quote  
  2. @lacywest, Gee your an ugly bugger.............................Just kidding.......................if I put a photo of me, it would break your screens.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was born a few days after Perl Harbor was bombed which makes me 68 in December.

I was thinking about moving to Florida, as Glenn Beck calls it Gods' waiting room.
    Quote Quote  
  4. We really need to be careful about who we flame, chances are, we may be disrespecting our elders, LOL
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Who would of thought 10 yrs. ago that you'd have a bunch of Old Geeks BSing on some tech forum. Excuse me now, I have to make myself a Geritol and tequila on the rocks.
    I love children, girl children... about 16-40
    W.C. Fields
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Wow i'm really surprised at you old buggers! I'm 'only' 22.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Killer3737
    Now is the time to take the vitamins ... Vitamin C ... A ... E ... Lycopene ... find out what the anti oxidants are ... and take them.

Anything past 20, 000 units of Vitamin A ... is too much.

Multi vitamin .... the horse pill variety ... break it in half and take the other half ... in the second half of the day.

Grow your own tomatoes ... Lycopene is in Tomatoes.

Dont wait until your old to start taking vitamins .... its too late ... your old already. Anti oxidants help keep the free radicals from breaking down your body ... skin ... collagen.

Collagen is the main protein of connective tissue in animals and the most abundant protein in mammals, making up about 25% of the total protein content.

Collagen has great tensile strength, and is the main component of fascia, cartilage, ligaments, tendons, bone and teeth. Along with soft keratin, it is responsible for skin strength and elasticity, and its degradation leads to wrinkles that accompany aging. It strengthens blood vessels and plays a role in tissue development. It is present in the cornea and lens of the eye in crystalline form. It is also used in cosmetic surgery and burns surgery.

http://www.rice.edu/~jenky/sports/antiox.html

It's the radicals, man
    Free radicals are atoms or groups of atoms with an odd (unpaired) number of electrons and can be formed when oxygen interacts with certain molecules. Once formed these highly reactive radicals can start a chain reaction, like dominoes. Their chief danger comes from the damage they can do when they react with important cellular components such as DNA, or the cell membrane. Cells may function poorly or die if this occurs. To prevent free radical damage the body has a defense system of antioxidants.

Antioxidants are molecules which can safely interact with free radicals and terminate the chain reaction before vital molecules are damaged. Although there are several enzyme systems within the body that scavenge free radicals, the principle micronutrient (vitamin) antioxidants are vitamin E, beta-carotene, and vitamin C. Additionally, selenium, a trace metal that is required for proper function of one of the body's antioxidant enzyme systems, is sometimes included in this category. The body cannot manufacture these micronutrients so they must be supplied in the diet.

Vitamin E : d-alpha tocopherol. A fat soluble vitamin present in nuts, seeds, vegetable and fish oils, whole grains (esp. wheat germ), fortified cereals, and apricots. Current recommended daily allowance (RDA) is 15 IU per day for men and 12 IU per day for women. NOTE: ... take the gel version ... not the dry stuff in horse pill vitamins.
    Vitamin C : Ascorbic acid is a water soluble vitamin present in citrus fruits and juices, green peppers, cabbage, spinach, broccoli, kale, cantaloupe, kiwi, and strawberries. The RDA is 60 mg per day. Intake above 2000 mg may be associated with adverse side effects in some individuals.

Beta-carotene is a precursor to vitamin A (retinol) and is present in liver, egg yolk, milk, butter, spinach, carrots, squash, broccoli, yams, tomato, cantaloupe, peaches, and grains. Because beta-carotene is converted to vitamin A by the body there is no set requirement. Instead the RDA is expressed as retinol equivalents (RE), to clarify the relationship. (NOTE: Vitamin A has no antioxidant properties and can be quite toxic when taken in excess.)

Okay for you young folks ... now you know ... dont wait until your old ... add vitamins on your diet list ... it will help you ... look younger ... longer .... enuff said ... lacywest.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by painkiller
    Still riding my motorcycle.
    Damn right. Me too, a big old cruiser bike (Vulcan), it's like riding an easy chair.

No sport bike for me, my back couldn't take that posture. Besides, put a guy on a sportbike and he looks for all the world like a monkey humping a football. :P
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by lacywest
    Now is the time to take the vitamins ... Vitamin C ... A ... E ... Lycopene ... find out what the anti oxidants are ... and take them.

Multi vitamin .... the horse pill variety ... break it in half and take the other half ... in the second half of the day.

Dont wait until your old to start taking vitamins .... its too late ... your old already. Anti oxidants help keep the free radicals from breaking down your body ... skin ... collagen.

Collagen is the main protein of connective tissue in animals and the most abundant protein in mammals, making up about 25% of the total protein content.

Collagen has great tensile strength, and is the main component of fascia, cartilage, ligaments, tendons, bone and teeth. Along with soft keratin, it is responsible for skin strength and elasticity, and its degradation leads to wrinkles that accompany aging. It strengthens blood vessels and plays a role in tissue development. It is present in the cornea and lens of the eye in crystalline form. It is also used in cosmetic surgery and burns surgery.

It's the radicals, man
    Free radicals are atoms or groups of atoms with an odd (unpaired) number of electrons and can be formed when oxygen interacts with certain molecules. Once formed these highly reactive radicals can start a chain reaction, like dominoes. Their chief danger comes from the damage they can do when they react with important cellular components such as DNA, or the cell membrane. Cells may function poorly or die if this occurs. To prevent free radical damage the body has a defense system of antioxidants.

Antioxidants are molecules which can safely interact with free radicals and terminate the chain reaction before vital molecules are damaged. Although there are several enzyme systems within the body that scavenge free radicals, the principle micronutrient (vitamin) antioxidants are vitamin E, beta-carotene, and vitamin C. Additionally, selenium, a trace metal that is required for proper function of one of the body's antioxidant enzyme systems, is sometimes included in this category. The body cannot manufacture these micronutrients so they must be supplied in the diet.

Vitamin E : d-alpha tocopherol. A fat soluble vitamin present in nuts, seeds, vegetable and fish oils, whole grains (esp. wheat germ), fortified cereals, and apricots. Current recommended daily allowance (RDA) is 15 IU per day for men and 12 IU per day for women. NOTE: ... take the gel version ... not the dry stuff in horse pill vitamins.
    Vitamin C : Ascorbic acid is a water soluble vitamin present in citrus fruits and juices, green peppers, cabbage, spinach, broccoli, kale, cantaloupe, kiwi, and strawberries. The RDA is 60 mg per day. Intake above 2000 mg may be associated with adverse side effects in some individuals.

Beta-carotene is a precursor to vitamin A (retinol) and is present in liver, egg yolk, milk, butter, spinach, carrots, squash, broccoli, yams, tomato, cantaloupe, peaches, and grains. Because beta-carotene is converted to vitamin A by the body there is no set requirement. Instead the RDA is expressed as retinol equivalents (RE), to clarify the relationship. (NOTE: Vitamin A has no antioxidant properties and can be quite toxic when taken in excess.)

Okay for you young folks ... now you know ... dont wait until your old ... add vitamins on your diet list ... it will help you ... look younger ... longer .... enuff said ... lacywest.
    Wow, & you take all of that, do you rattle when you walk? my doc says vitamins are a load of crap, he said just eat healthy & you wont need those pills & potions.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by G)-(OST
    Originally Posted by lacywest

It's the radicals, man

Wow, & you take all of that, do you rattle when you walk? my doc says vitamins are a load of crap, he said just eat healthy & you wont need those pills & potions.
    I am only talking about 3 pills ... the pills in the bottles ... now they do rattle ... except for the bottles with the gel pills inside ... and usually have to hit it against something to loosen them ... so they will rattle loose.

I did mention Tomatoes ... they wont rattle ... .... they are squishy. Grape tomatoes ... those are great ... eat them like candy. They are out back in my garden ... they mature really quickly. The Beef Tomatoes take longer ... and the Cherry tomatoes ... they're maturing too already ... I've already been munching on them and the Grape Tomatoes.

I did have a gopher in my garden ... killing two of my large tomatoe plants ... I shoved a garden hose down one of his holes ... and put the water on full blast ... and he poked his head out from another hole ... heh heh ... he met ... Mr. Shovel ... he is no longer a threat.
    Quote Quote  
  11. I did have a gopher in my garden ... killing two of my large tomatoe plants ... I shoved a garden hose down one of his holes ... and put the water on full blast ... and he poked his head out from another hole ... heh heh ... he met ... Mr. Shovel ... he is no longer a threat.
    No wonder you are fit, hunting gophers with your shovel.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by G)-(OST
    I did have a gopher in my garden ... killing two of my large tomatoe plants ... I shoved a garden hose down one of his holes ... and put the water on full blast ... and he poked his head out from another hole ... heh heh ... he met ... Mr. Shovel ... he is no longer a threat.
    No wonder you are fit, hunting gophers with your shovel.
    Not to get off on another subject .... you guys noticed we have had some cool days and really nice cool nights ... weather people said ... it is like this all around the world ... should be hotter than .... $%^&*# ... right now.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Mr. Computer Geek dannyboy48888's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    27 and still rippin'

don't feel bad, it you wiser ones that have taught me all i know from my first VCD!! so thanks for sticking around all these years
    if all else fails read the manual
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well, I had to wait until today before replying to this: it's my
    birthday! I am 61 today.

-Kayembee
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Kayembee
    Well, I had to wait until today before replying to this: it's my
    birthday! I am 61 today.

-Kayembee
    Happy birthday, young fella. Have a beer on me.
    Quote Quote  
  16. In about three weeks, my login name will be 13 years old.

While I'm not a big vitamin fan, I will take a moment to urge all here to increase your fiber intake. Just the switch to whole wheat bread could make all the difference. Eat some Triscuits or shredded wheat every day or two. Fresh fruits and vegetables are also good. You really, really, really do not want to have to deal with the possible consequences of not doing this. "Unpleasant" does not begin to cover it.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Holy shit, so many geezers on this site. ******* creepy.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Why is it creepy? This site is for video enthusiasts and professionals, not Hannah Montana fans.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Xpenguin17
    Hmmm. Ten words in total and two prophanities. Now, I'm no prude and, in fact, engage in a bit of profanity myself from time to time. I'm concerned for your higher brain function. The statistics confirm that your active, useful vocabulary is down to about 80%.

Now what's "******* creepy?"
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Supreme2k
    Why is it creepy? This site is for video enthusiasts and professionals, not Hannah Montana fans.
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by Xpenguin17
    Those "geezers" answer your/our questions, have a little respect.......................sir.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search PM
    30 today!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by greymalkin
    30 today!!!
    Happy Birthday!

Of course now you'll notice that bald spot on the back of your head, the white/grey in your hair, and you'll put on weight faster....

...or is that just me...
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote  
  24. Dirty thirties hey?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by greymalkin
    30 today!!!
    The good times start NOW.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dadrab
    Originally Posted by Xpenguin17
    Hmmm. Ten words in total and two prophanities. Now, I'm no prude and, in fact, engage in a bit of profanity myself from time to time. I'm concerned for your higher brain function. The statistics confirm that your active, useful vocabulary is down to about 80%.

Now what's "******* creepy?"
    Your "prophanaty." Looks to me you're goin' senile, or you forgot your pills. Not that I'm a grammar ******...

But hell, let me clear a couple things up. Firstly, Doom9 is one example of a hundred other cesspools of flaming fucktard fanboys with shit for brains. Their neurotic nerd-pride is one of the reasons I never could get along with many programmers, and why I stay the hell away from anime forums unless I'm in the mood to spam beast porn on a 'Sakura undressing' thread.

Videohelp, on the other hand more resembles a newsgroup crowd: old fart veterans who try to indulge in useful shit, and sometimes even succeed. I've been on newsgroups since forever, so I'm used it.

But no, I take that back. If you're able to contribute meaningful material without unnecessary bipolar schizoid bullshit like most fanboy-populated boards do, I don't care who you are. Respect when due.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Your new here & you carry on like that? you wont last to long, trust me, I know, there is a certain member here that will see to it, he & I don't see eye to eye at all, but on this one...................Book 'em, Danno!

He's all yours

.............waiting patiently for him to arrive...........
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Your "prophanaty." Looks to me you're goin' senile, or you forgot your pills. Not that I'm a grammar ******...

But hell, let me clear a couple things up. Firstly, Doom9 is one example of a hundred other cesspools of flaming fucktard fanboys with shit for brains. Their neurotic nerd-pride is one of the reasons I never could get along with many programmers, and why I stay the hell away from anime forums unless I'm in the mood to spam beast porn on a 'Sakura undressing' thread.

Videohelp, on the other hand more resembles a newsgroup crowd: old fart veterans who try to indulge in useful shit, and sometimes even succeed. I've been on newsgroups since forever, so I'm used it.

But no, I take that back. If you're able to contribute meaningful material without unnecessary bipolar schizoid bullshit like most fanboy-populated boards do, I don't care who you are.

I'll hand it to you... You caught the misspelling. Congratulations.

I did it on purpose just to see... You'll notice I spelled it correctly in the next sentence. :P

The fact that you're not "a grammar ******" is painfully obvious throughout the body of your most recent excuse for a post. And, why do you bother coming to a site where "old fart veterans ... try to indulge in useful shit, and sometimes even succeed?" It appears you know everything already.

I would also speculate that you "never could get along with many programmers" because you're a punk know-it-all and shoot your mouth off too much. The fact being, they never could get along with you. I can't really say I blame them. OR, you're indeed an "old fart" yourself with some sort of warped sense of vanity that won't let you admit it.

So why don't you just resign yourself to spamming "beast porn" on anime sites and waddle your Xpenguin17 ass off into the antarctic sunset.

Respect when due.

You have to earn it. Good luck with that.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Chill, I retracted what I said earlier. I'd choose Videohelp over Doom9 any time of the week.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm in my 50's. It's great. I remember when I was in school wanting to be able to go to Mc Donald's and order anything I wanted and not think about the money. When I got out of school and started working I never did the Mc Donald's thing. I have not been to Mickey D's in years. I like sit down restaurants on the water with a view. Salmon is always a good choice.

I did taxes about 20 years ago and found that old people have a lot of money. They have all the money. I could not believe how many little old ladies had interest and dividend income of over 2 million dollars a year. The nicest thing about being older is having money.

Get off my lawn you punks!!!!!!!!
    Depends what the definition of the word inhale is.
    Quote Quote