Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi everyone!

I have some trouble with a Sony PC with onboard capture:
    Model is unclear
    In front it says VGN-FS950
    In the back says PCG-7M1L

I've searched Sony web page for drivers and software, the card seems to be installed, but Virtualdub can't see it.
    DVgate Plus can't install because in the web page there's only an update, but not the base software, and it says update cannot be installed because the model doesn't support it (???).

Any help will be higly appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Perhaps here...

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-list.pl?mdl=VGNFS950

I've seen one thing that's called video driver but I have no idea if it's what you're looking for.

You can also do a Google search on "DVgate Plus". You'll get a lot of hits.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've downloaded and installed everything from this page, nothing seems to work...

Is a tv card, capture card, but is onboard, although nothing to do with the video card.

And sony support is... not really support.
    Quote Quote  
  4. The Sony model number system is a puzzle. They seem to change the numbering system at random. What you have to do is several searches and eventually you will hit a post where the previous model number and the current model number are linked. It is truly bizzare.

They have some funky software and drivers, some use something called Gigapocket, newer units , I think, changed to DVGate plus some other software. You should be able to DL the DVGate software, test before updating, the update may be a problem.

Once you get the drivers and software for your particular unit, test at each step. You do not necessarily want to update all the drivers and software, some of the updates may not work. You want what Sony originally released for that particular unit.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Change the OS on the Web page to Vista Home Basic and DVGate Plus appears on the list.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Nothing seems to work, appears to be a problem related to the driver
    Quote Quote