VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My Pioneer DVR-530H has been acting up lately.

After recording to the HDD, it cannot copy to a DVD-R disc, its says "Copy err" and it sounds like the discs cant get up to speed.

However it works when i use a DVD-RW.

I've tried other brands of DVD-Rs with no luck.

Is there any technical/mechanical difference to how it records onto a R/RW? I'm a bit dumbstruck over this.

Any advice to get this thing working?

Hope that someone can help.

Regards,
    Henrik, Copenhagen
    Quote Quote  
  2. This is common and due to the burner aging. The reason RW works is because its spinning at a slower speed and using an old dye formula, most DVD-R media available today is much faster 16x-rated which is the first thing to "break" when burners start wearing out. In later Pioneers, failure with 16x DVD-R is mechanical: the disc clamp loses its grip at higher speeds. With older models like your 530, the laser/firmware loses compatibility with newer forms of 16x media first, then 8x, then RW. See if you can purchase some 8x Taiyo Yuden (TY) DVD-R media to test on your failing 530. This may work better than the 16x, but more likely will also fail. Still, its worth a try if it will let you burn a hundred more discs before the drive finally dies for good. If 8x DVD-R does not work, the burner needs to be replaced: nothing else will cure this behavior on a Pioneer 530.

It is possible with some effort to replace the burner in a 530 yourself, at low cost. You need to search the eBay site in your country for an old Pioneer DVR-109 or DVR-AO9 pc burner that still works properly. When you get it, you need to remove the burner from your 530, open its case, and exchange its custom controller board with the one in your replacement burner before installing the replacement in your 530. Complete details on this procedure can be found in the thread:

https://forum.videohelp.com/topic353746.html
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried recording in Optium-mode and that works.

It burns on playback speed, so it takes longer, but atleast im getting the content off the HDD.

Thanks for your help.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Even with older models like the DVR530H, sometimes cleaning the disc clamp or spindle may help. After cleaning, I can now do a high speed copy to a 8x Taiyo Yuden disc. Also, the motor is a lot quieter than before cleaning (I removed lumps of dust caked onto the spindle with some isopropyl alcohol).
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Cleaning the spindle does wonders for old Panasonics but it was my understanding that gaining access to a Pioneer spindle was all but impossible......how did you gain access to the spindle to clean it?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Older models like the 530H have a burner that is detachable (like my 2006 Panasonic) whereas other Forum posters have reported that later models like the 540H /640H (x40H, x50H and x60H) have burners that are more integrated into the DVD recorder's motherboard. ps. the Pioneer badge that covers the disc tray opening should be removed before you remove the front panel (with the machine POWERED ON, OPEN the tray, pop up and remove the Badge, CLOSE the tray and then POWER OFF). Also, the ultra thin ribbon cable underneath the burner looks like it can easily be damaged but it needs to be unplugged if you want to open up the burner.

ps. I just had a look at the FATAL FLAWS Sticky. Apparently the 530H wasn't widely available in America whereas the models that you did get in America, the 531 and 533, are the ones with burners that are "almost impossible" to remove.
    Last edited by gilligan103fan; 10th Feb 2013 at 17:11. Reason: add clarification
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the follow up gilligan103fan, that makes sense then because I've read from numerous Pioneer users how hard/impossible it is to gain access to the spindle on the Pioneers but as you said I don't think anyone was talking about the 530 model.
    I think the very first Panasonics may also be quite hard to gain access to the spindle but luckily all mine('04 and newer) are quite easy to clean which is good since if I couldn't clean them most would have ended up in the trash. After a good cleaning even the oldest will burn OK quality 16x media, I prefer to not burn total junk in my DVDRs, I save those for my PC.....
    Quote Quote  
  8. I have to clean the optical lens of my favourite Pioneer DVR-530H-S DVD recorder equipment. I know this is not so difficult work so I can make myself, too (I am not a beginner user in PC electronic).

I ask your help how can I clean the optical lens of Pioneer DVR-530H-S.

Thank you in advance for your help.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I have to clean the optical lens of my favourite Pioneer DVR-530H-S DVD recorder equipment. I know this is not so difficult work so I can make myself, too (I am not a beginner user in PC electronic).

I ask your help how can I clean the optical lens of Pioneer DVR-530H-S.

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The procedures described here are for Panasonic DVDRs, but since you're "not a beginner in PC electronics," perhaps you can adapt them to your Pioneer successfully.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/106-dvd-recorders-standard-def/1055071-panasonic-dvd-dri...l#post14479898

Good luck! Let us know how it works out.
    Last edited by p_l; 12th Jul 2015 at 04:54.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Every recorder brand is different internally: some problems occur with all brands, some problems are more common to some brands but not others, and some problems are almost exclusive to one particular brand. The "dirty spindle" issue is limited almost exclusively to Panasonic recorders, with 9 out of 10 Panasonic read/write issues curable by a spindle/clamp cleaning. Any Panasonic problems that continue after a cleaning inevitably require a new laser assembly and/or control board. A Panasonic dvd recorder will last nearly forever (in most cases) as long as the disc mechanism is cleaned periodically: the laser diode and other parts are remarkably durable (but do die eventually).

Pioneer recorders are notably different is design, and the design changes significantly after 2005. Models mfr'd between 2003-2005 are categorized by Pioneer as "Type 1" while models mfr'd between 2006-2008 are "Type 2". The Pioneer 530 series is the last of the "Type 1" design, which uses a sealed-box burner module that is more complicated to service than the typical Panasonic burner. Because it is contained in a sealed module, the 530 burner mechanism doesn't get "dirty" in the manner of a Panasonic, so cleaning the spindle or lens rarely (if ever) solves a Pioneer dvd problem. When a Pioneer 530 starts having trouble playing and/or burning some types of disc, it usually means the entire burner needs to be replaced. No new replacement burners have been made in nearly ten years: today you would be lucky to find a used second-hand Pioneer 109 burner that still works well. The 530 recorders have simply aged past their intended lifespan and are no longer easily repaired- they can't be compared to Panasonics which are known to be freakishly durable. Pioneers tend to wear out and break down completely: as with most recorders, the laser and/or mechanism fails, and the unit becomes useless.

Édes Erdély, you can try cleaning your Pioneer 530 burner, but please note this is unlikely to restore full functionality. Also note, the burner must be completely removed and disassembled for cleaning, and sometimes the Pioneer does not like this (when you put the burner back inside, the 530 recorder displays an error). Clearing the error can require a special remote control and service dvd disc that may be very difficult to get in some countries today. If your 530 can record to DVD-RW, I suggest copying everything from HDD to DVD-RW before attempting to clean the burner (this way at least you have copies of all videos if the cleaning fails or makes things worse). If your 530 will no longer burn ANY type of dvd, you have nothing to lose by trying to clean it.

I have posted detailed instructions of how to remove/replace the burner in Pioneer 530 recorders at this VideoHelp link. For cleaning only, follow the steps until #11. At that point, after removing the bottom screws, DO NOT remove the bottom cover of the burner. Instead, turn it over and carefully remove the top cover. This will expose the laser lens and also the disc spindle (the clamp is attached to the inside top cover). After cleaning, re-install the burner by following the steps in reverse from #11 back to #1. Perhaps you will be lucky.
    Quote Quote  
  12. It seems so that I can not clean the optical lens pf Pioneer DVR-530H-S recorder (further does not recognize the equipment the disc).

So it is possible that I have to change the all DVD drive. This is a Pioneer VXX3142 drive.

So I ask your advice where can I buy this Pioneer VXX3142 DVD drive.

Quote Quote  
  13. What is the different the Pioneer VXX3142 and Pioneer DVR-R09-XP models?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by Édes Erdély View Post
    So I ask your advice where can I buy this Pioneer VXX3142 DVD drive.
    This part has not been available for nearly ten years. It is the specific, exact replacement burner for Pioneer 430, 530 and 630 recorder models. It was not available directly from Pioneer, only a very few service part dealers, so the price was nearly $250 (US) - much more in Europe with added VAT. Not practical as a do it yourself repair part.

What is the different the Pioneer VXX3142 and Pioneer DVR-R09-XP models?
    No difference: they are exactly the same. The burner often carries both part number labels.

It is not now, nor was it ever, economically feasible to buy the VXX3142 / DVR-R09-XP for a DIY repair. Very few dealers would sell it directly to a consumer, and the cost of the part was utterly outrageous: 60% of the price of an entire new recorder. This is why most people went with the option I outlined in the thread I linked to above.

The VXX3142 / DVR-R09-XP was really just the plain ordinary generic Pioneer DVR-109 / DVR-A09 burner sold for PCs at a price of $60 (way back in 2005). The only difference was in the connections: the generic 109 / A09 burner had normal EIDE and Molex PC connections, while the VXX3142 / DVR-R09-XP had the special small ribbon connector used only in 430/530/630 recorders. So the inexpensive workaround for most DIY repairs was to buy a nice new cheap 109/A09 PC burner, and just swap the controller board with the "dead" VXX3142 / DVR-R09-XP (which converts the 109 /A09 into a VXX3142 / DVR-R09-XP). Today, in 2015, even this is no longer feasible. All versions of the Pioneer "x09" burner were discontinued many years ago: it is nearly impossible to buy a new one, and used second-hand examples are mostly half-dead or worn out.

While this is not nice to hear, the truth is these recorders were not designed to last more than 5 or 6 years at most. The spare burners were always very expensive and very scarce. So, a ten year old DVD recorder will not be easy or affordable to repair. Some brands, like Panasonic, were a bit more durable and can often be repaired by simple cleaning. Others, like Pioneer-Sony-Toshiba-JVC, need expensive spare parts, and Pioneers also often require an exotic "service remote" and "service dvd" to re-authorize any replaced DVD or HDD drive. If you can find these parts at reasonable cost, it might be worth repairing a Pioneer 530, but at this point it may be more sensible to copy the 530 HDD videos to another recorder or PC via the 530 audio/video outputs. I have not seen a fully-functional "x09" burner since 2010.
    Last edited by orsetto; 14th Jul 2015 at 16:27.
    Quote Quote  
  15. I do not know, I found this Pioneer VXX3142 driver on some Polish websites (they are around 100 EUR)
    It would be very good to repair my old Pioneer DVD drive because I very like my "old" Pioneer DVR-530H-S recorder (I have another new LG DVD recorder, but this is not so good thank this Pioneer).
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by Édes Erdély View Post
    I do not know, I found this Pioneer VXX3142 driver on some Polish websites (they are around 100 EUR)
    Understand, the VXX3142 on the Polish site is not "new" as in "recently made" - these are old (very old) leftover drives from many years ago. They may be "unused" but they are not "new" with a warranty from Pioneer. These aged burners may only work for a brief time in your 530- maybe a year, maybe less, maybe more. You are taking a chance on an old discontinued part. Pioneer has not made, sold, serviced, or warrantied dvd recorders (or replacement parts) since their business restructured in 2008.

If you think the repair is worth 100 EUR, and can afford to lose that money if the part doesn't work, then buy the VXX3142 from the Polish website (perhaps the only remaining source for this part). VXX3142 has not been available in North America for nearly a decade, most European part dealers carry only the Sony-made drives for later Pioneer 540-550-560 recorders.
    Last edited by orsetto; 15th Jul 2015 at 01:10.
    Quote Quote  
  17. OK I understand, but unfortunately there is no better possibility.

We can get out our very good Pioneer DVR-530H-S recorders, but there is no new and better solutions for recording of TV programs. Namely the Pioneer (and nor the other companies) does not make new DVD recorder equipments (why it is?). So we must repair our DVR-530H-S equipments. The Pioneer why does not make factory new DVD driver only for repair parts of DVR-530H-S?

These Polish websites offers these Pioneer drivers with 6 months guarantees for abut 100 EURs. I saw this Pioneer driver on an American website for about 300 USD and the guarantee was only 60 days.

But you told something about the Pioneer DVR-109 / DVR-A09 drivers, too. It is possible to build them into DVR-530H-S?
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by Édes Erdély View Post
    We can get out our very good Pioneer DVR-530H-S recorders, but there is no new and better solutions for recording of TV programs. Namely the Pioneer (and nor the other companies) does not make new DVD recorder equipments (why it is?).
    Yes, I also love my Pioneer recorders and wish new ones were still made. Unfortunately, times change and technology moves very quickly now. Even the smallest countries have some form of HDTV broadcasting, large flatscreen TVs are affordable to most working people, and they want to only watch HDTV recordings on their big flat TVs. Our Pioneers, nice as they are, make recordings that look "soft" or "fuzzy" on flat screen TVs. Some of us who are older, who grew up with VCRs, are more willing to compromise on picture sharpness because we like having DVDs for our collection. But most younger people grew up with HDTV on every device, from phones to PCs to TV, and they have no tolerance for "low definition" dvd recorders. Also, most people follow trends, and the trend now is NOT having a big collection of DVDs in your house. People have moved to internet streaming videos, hard drive PC video systems, etc. Even BluRay is struggling to remain relevant.

The Pioneer why does not make factory new DVD driver only for repair parts of DVR-530H-S?
    Pioneer had very bad luck during the global financial crisis of 2008. They began losing a LOT of money because of unprofitable, unpopular products like their Kuro plasma HDTVs and their DVD recorders. To avoid bankruptcy, the company restructured around more popular cheaply-made products like car audio. Plasma TV and dvd recorder production was quickly shut down and swept away: by 2009 Pioneer had erased all mention of these items from their websites and parts/repair service was ended in many countries. The original Pioneer company that made many excellent electronic items no longer exists.

Sales for ALL brands of dvd/hdd recorder dropped very low during those years, by 2010 only Panasonic and Funai still made them. As more and more Europeans moved away from dvd discs, dvd recorders were replaced by HDTV hard drive recorders with BluRay playback. In North America, subscription HDTV recorders replaced dvd/hdd recorders.

These Polish websites offers these Pioneer drivers with 6 months guarantees for abut 100 EURs. I saw this Pioneer driver on an American website for about 300 USD and the guarantee was only 60 days.
    300 USD is/was the typical North American replacement cost for the drive of any DVD recorder, and North American part guarantees are always much shorter time than Europe. If you feel the Polish supplier is trustworthy and will honor the six month guarantee, it may be a good option for you.

But you told something about the Pioneer DVR-109 / DVR-A09 drivers, too. It is possible to build them into DVR-530H-S?
    The tricks I described previously about modifying a 109 burner to work in 530 recorders is probably not practical for you in Hungary. It is no longer very practical in North America, either. The 109 burner was a good alternative when it was still available in good condition at a cheap price. Today, they are all too old and too worn out to be used in a dvd recorder, and I doubt you could still find a good one in Hungary. Your best chance is the VXX1342 from Poland: at least you know that drive will be unused.

VERY IMPORTANT: you must follow the instructions I posted in this older VH thread!! Your Pioneer 530 recorder will not recognize the Polish VXX1342 if you install it without swapping the circuit boards as I describe. The new VXX1342 will have a different serial number, which will trigger an error condition in your 530 unless you clear it with the special Pioneer service remote and service dvd. These service tools may be extremely difficult or expensive to find in Hungary. The only way to avoid your 530 going into error mode is to move the circuit board from your old VXX1342 into the new VXX1342 before you install it in your 530. The old circuit board contains the drive serial number: the old board will trick your 530 into thinking it is the same original drive so it does not present an error condition. Your old drive is having problems with the laser or mechanism worn out, but the old circuit board is still good to re-use in the new drive. The Pioneer dvd drive circuit boards almost never go bad: only the laser or motor.

I am sorry I can't provide the instructions in your language, but maybe you know a teacher or other person who can help translate and make clearer for you?
    Last edited by orsetto; 15th Jul 2015 at 13:30.
    Quote Quote  
  19. It seems to me very difficult!
    So not enough a simple DVD driver change - to change the factory built DVD drive into a new DVR-R09-XP (VXX3142) - because the serial number will be not same?
    So this can make only in a special Pioneer service.
    Quote Quote  
  20. It is not so difficult to do, but very hard to describe the steps without seeming difficult.

Pioneer intentionally designed their recorders to discourage repair by owners (even more than other brands). They did this by locking the main circuit board of the recorder to the serial numbers of the circuit boards in the HDD and DVD drives. Since repairs were intended to be done by Pioneer service centers only, it was no difficulty for Pioneer techs to use the special remote and dvd to re-synchronize new drives with the recorder. But for owners who want or need to do self-repair, the requirement of the service remote and dvd is a challenge. These tools were never sold directly to consumers by Pioneer, but eventually "copies" of them circulated on Pioneer user websites and at remote control dealers. For several years, it was possible to buy a service remote for $30-$60 US, and download the service dvd. But these items were never easily available in places like Eastern Europe, and you would have a harder time finding them today. Sometimes you can buy kits on eBay, but unless you plan to do a lot of drive repairs the expense is not worthwhile.

The service remote and dvd are absolutely necessary to install a new HDD, because it is too risky to disassemble the HDD circuit board. The dvd drive is different: you can remove and exchange the circuit boards safely, and if you do that you will not need the special service remote or dvd. The hardest thing is to remove the drive from the recorder, which you would need to do anyway for any repair. Once the dvd drive is removed, it is fairly simple to switch the circuit boards by following my instructions on the other thread. You just need to unwrap the black cloth tape around the front of the drive, then carefully peel back the four silver tapes that cover the screws, take out the screws, take off the front plastic plate, open the drive covers, unscrew the board, unplug three or four ribbon cables, and switch the old board into the new drive. Plug the ribbon cables into the board, snap it in place, screw it down, put the old covers on the new drive, snap the plastic front in, put the cover screws back, re-cover them with the silver tapes, wrap the black cloth tape around the front, and put the modified drive back in your 530.

If you have ever worked with the inside of a desktop PC, this will not be a difficult task for you at all. But if you are totally unfamiliar with this kind of repair, you could buy the VXX1342 from the Polish dealer and ask someone else to follow the installation instructions and do the repair for you. Any local computer store would do it for a fee, or you might ask friends, family, or co-workers who know about computer drive installation.

All of this repair difficulty is one of the big reasons people stopped buying dvd recorders and companies stopped making them. The machines are nice to use while they work well, but once they break, the repairs can be too annoying and expensive. It makes sense to repair your Pioneer 530 this one time, only because you found the replacement drive at a dealer near your country. But after this, you will need to consider other ways to record from TV. The Pioneer repair parts will become impossible to get soon, and we must move on to what everyone else is now using instead of dvd recorders.
    Quote Quote  
  21. I am afraid I can not change myself this DVD drive. It can do only in special Pioneer services with special softwares to adjust the different serial numbers etc..

But earlier you told "the Pioneer dvd drive circuit boards almost never go bad: only the laser or motor". Yes I think so, only the mechanical parts could get wrong in this equipment.

In this case is it possible to repair these mechanical problems (parts) in Pioneer services? But I am afraid this is not cheaper solution than buy a new VXX3142 and change it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If I were you, I would follow Orsetto's suggestion of getting the replacement drive from the Polish site if you trust them, and then just replace the mechanical.drive but keep tbe circuit board you now have from the original failed drive and transfer that to your new drive before you install it. I'm not an expert in electronics, but I've done this procedure and it was fairly easy and successful. Just be sure to follow his instructions carefully,
    Quote Quote  
  23. I give up!

Why does not use the Pioneer the "plug and play" service method?

If it is so difficult to change a simply DVD driver in DVR-530H-S I can not make it myself. This can make only at Pioneer services for lot of money.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by Édes Erdély View Post
    I give up!

Why does not use the Pioneer the "plug and play" service method?

If it is so difficult to change a simply DVD driver in DVR-530H-S I can not make it myself. This can make only at Pioneer services for lot of money.
    Of the hundreds of DVD recorder models sold since 2002, only a very few (perhaps less than 10) used simple cheap generic easily-replaced dvd and hdd drives. And those were all no-name, not-very-good recorders: 95% of the major brands used specially-coded drives that discourage or prevent DIY repair. This was mostly done to appease Hollywood, as gimmick to make it seem like the recorders really couldn't record anything (yes, Hollywood execs really are that dumb). So the Pioneer is only a little bit harder for some repairs than other brands, and in some ways easier depending what you need to fix.

I understand your frustration, but remember: for most buyers, a DVD/HDD recorder was a very complicated toy very much like a computer, and very few of those buyers would ever dream of trying to repair their computer. Mfrs didn't want buyers playing around in these recorders attempting amateur repairs. Which is funny, as DVD recorders are often easier to repair than a VCR (which has intricate mechanical parts)- the main problem with repairing DVD recorders is all the proprietary parts and codes meant to placate Hollywood paranoia.

Also keep in mind, dvd recorders were never intended to last or be repairable for 10 years. Most of them self-destructed within 5 years, and were not cost-effective to repair: you were expected to just buy a new recorder to replace it. Unfortunately, they never sold in large enough numbers to bring the price down to VCR levels, so when they broke most people did NOT replace or repair them, and after HDTV arrived DVD recorders quickly became a product nobody cared about. Try to take a positive attitude: you were very lucky your 530 has worked well for such a long time- it has lasted nearly twice as long as it was designed to. In most countries Pioneer closed their recorder repair centers long ago: if you really want to keep using your 530, and Pioneer still repairs them in Hungary, you may as well just bring it in and have them do it. In USA/Canada, we can't get them repaired at all.
    Quote Quote  
  25. I see every DVR-530H-S repair procedure is very difficult and expensive.

So I am thinking to buy another used (but with working DVD drive) equipment from the market. In this case I can copy my video records from one HDD to another HDD (via cable) and finally copy them into DVD discs.
    Quote Quote  
  26. You could copy your 530 hard drive videos to any other brand of dvd recorder or a PC that has video inputs. Buying another used DVR-530 would be risky: a temporary solution at best. I know you love the way your 530 functions, but these Pioneer recorders are 10 years old now- long past their designed life expectancy. The hard drive lasts a very long time, but the dvd burners ALL go bad, most of them by the 5th or 6th year were nearly dead. If you insist on buying another used 530, be very careful not to spend very much money: you may have the same problems happen again very soon after you buy it. I strongly advise you not spend more than you would have for the Polish replacement drive.

DVD recorders are not like automobiles or VCRs or old guitar amplifiers: they can't be repaired over and over with random parts and made to last for decades. Whether we like it or not, they were designed to be disposable. You can look for another used 530 that works, but after 10 years it may be hard to find and very likely to break down soon. I don't know what other options might be in Hungary: most people in other countries have moved to newer HDD-only recorders (no dvd drive), which they connect to their PC when they want copy a video to dvd. No DVD/HDD recorders as nice as the 530 are available new anymore- they became obsolete, and went out of production.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Yes, I think so, too!

The price of repairing my old DVR-530H-S is around 350 EURs at a Pioneer service (it is for a new DVD burner and the working price). In spite of this price it could buy a used DVR-530H-S for about 30 EURs only. So the difference is very big.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Hello!

Finally I solved my Pioneer DVR-530H-S DVD drive problem.

I bought a used, but a very good another DVR-530H-S with xorrect wozking DVD drive (for only 30 EURs). So now I have two pieces from this equipment, it possible to save matters from one HDD to another HDD and save them to DVD discs.

This solution is much cheaper than buy a new DVR-R09-XP DVD drive foe 325 US$. I think this equipment will work still at least 3-4 years.

I have only one problem with this solution.

Because I have two pcs from this Pioneer DVR-530H-S I have two remote controllers, too. But I can controll with only ONE remote controller the both equipments. For example when I want to turn on ONLY THE ONE equipment and put the key on the remote controller it will be turning on BOTH equipments.

What should I do, how could I programming, adjustung these remote controllers for correct programing, using them for ONLY ONE (separate) equipment (remote 1 for equipment 1 and remote 2 for equipment 2)?

Thank you in advance for advices!
    Quote Quote  
  29. There is an input socket on the back front of DVR-530H-S - "Control in" - for a 3,5 mm jack plug.

How does it work this Control in socket?
    Could I connect via this socket with another Pioneer equipment my DVR-530H-S?
    Quote Quote  
  30. Originally Posted by Édes Erdély View Post
    when I want to turn on ONLY THE ONE equipment and put the key on the remote controller it will be turning on BOTH equipments.

What should I do, how could I programming, adjustung these remote controllers for correct programing, using them for ONLY ONE (separate) equipment (remote 1 for equipment 1 and remote 2 for equipment 2)?
    You need to change the remote code for one of the two 530 recorders. Both right now are set to "Code 1". Choose which unit you would like to change, then turn off and cover the front of the other 530. Press the Home Menu button and go into Initial Setup screen. On the left side list, choose "Options" and then "Remote Control Mode" and then choose "Code 2". Your TV screen will show a warning that this 530 has been set to a new remote code, advising you to change your remote to match.

You change the remote itself by pressing and holding the "Return" button, and while holding it down then press the "2" button. Keep both buttons pressed a few seconds until you see the red light flash at the top of the remote, then you can let go. This remote will now send out "Code 2" which will only operate the 530 you also set to "Code 2". Uncover and turn on the 530 that you did not change- this recorder should now ignore the second remote, and respond only to its own remote. Be sure to put a label on each remote so you know which code it is using.

These code settings are not permanent: you can change the recorder and remote codes at any time following the above instructions.

Originally Posted by Édes Erdély View Post
    There is an input socket on the back front of DVR-530H-S - "Control in" - for a 3,5 mm jack plug.

How does it work this Control in socket?
    Could I connect via this socket with another Pioneer equipment my DVR-530H-S?
    The "Control S" socket connects to some Pioneer A/V Receivers and TVs to allow the remote from that item to control also your 530 recorder. If you have a Pioneer receiver, amplifier or TV with "Control S Output" this can be convenient. This system is optimized for recorders set to Remote Code 1: the second recorder you changed to Code 2 or Code 3 would still need its own remote.
    Quote Quote