VideoHelp Forum

Poll: What is your most used Disc Burning utility?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the info! You have definitely convinced me to give it a shot, especially for the price

In neros defense, I will say that I have burned in excess of 700 DVDs and only had two coasters. Both times I got a warning before it started burning telling me that file structure was messed up so I was at least warned and I could have stopped and hence, no coaster. Both times, the coaster was actually my own user error and I couldn't blame it on Nero. I also only deal with the burning ROM. That startsmart thingy they got is a joke! The interface may be good for my parents, but I haven't a clue what its telling me to do!

But alas, its time to give something else a shot just to make life interesting. Sounds like imgburn is the way to go! Thanks again!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i didnt realise that imgburn can burn audio CD's

but now i do

so its the only one i have on my PC

igmburn ftw
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Very well said guns1inger.

I'll add, addressing tbone8's "you get what you pay for" comment, that LUK! has a whole groups of Beta testers to help him test & debug a release before to goes out to the general public. Not all that different, typically, from most other software (one hopes anyway ), but thought I would mention it.

I've only ever used ImgBurn (I've never, ever installed Nero on any computer). It's done everything I've needed - video, data, SL, DL, and recently a few audio CDs. Once I got my head around the difference between "build" and "write", it became easy to use. Start it, drop in my DVD folder, burn.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Touche on the "get what you pay for" comment. As soon as I typed that I had a feeling it would not go ever that well In the end what I really meant was that sometimes paying just a little bit extra for something is well worth it (assuming you are actually paying for both objects). But I do agree that in the context of this site, the freeware is almost always 10 times better than anything you could buy off the shelf!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Believing yourself to be secure only takes one cracker to dispel your belief.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Finally I announced the winner :
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just because people believe it doesn't make it true. A lot of people watch Oprah and believe everything she and her guests say. Unfortunately, everything she and her guests say is horse sh@t and snake oil.

So you can keep Nero on your machine, eating ever larger amounts of disk space and adding more and more useless crap to your system with every release. Imgburn is demonstrably better in the majority of cases.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by guns1inger
    Just because people believe it doesn't make it true.
    The questing of poll was: What is your most used Disc Burning utility?
    Its was not: What you believe most used Disc Burning utility?
    I don't think they use Nero because the believe.

Originally Posted by guns1inger
    So you can keep Nero on your machine, eating ever larger amounts of disk space and adding more and more useless crap to your system with every release.
    This point I agree with you, the latest version of Nero 9 383mb install pure crap
    but I use Nero 7 Lite only 30mb install.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    quite a few use it because they do believe it is the best - and one upon a time it was. Many use it simply because they are lazy and can't be bothered to learn something new. The same reason they still use Internet Explorer.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Am I the only guy here that uses DVD Fab Platinum? lol

I also use imgburn, and Clone DVD 2

ocgw

peace
    i7 2700K @ 4.4Ghz 16GB DDR3 1600 Samsung Pro 840 128GB Seagate 2TB HDD EVGA GTX 650
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic368691.html
    Quote Quote  
  11. I saw the local Staples store has pile of Roxio. I hope they are trying to throw them out, and not trying to sell them ;-<

Staples customer's comment as followed:

Waste of money
    By butch from nj on 1/6/2009
    Pros: None
    Cons: Appears certain program f, Difficult to install, No support from roxio, Unable to use
    Best Uses: Garbage
    Primary use: Personal
    Bottom Line: No, I would not recommend this to a friend

Comments about Roxio Creator 2009: Can't find anything good to say.
    Quote Quote