VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !

Poll: What is your most used Disc Burning utility?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 71
Thread
  1. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    I picked combination of different applications

    I rarely burn DVDs anymore but use DVDDecrypter or Imageburn for those
    Nero for Data DVD or Disc to Disc copy and CDs
    Musicmatch Jukebox for audio CDs

    Nero probably gets used the most since I haven't done a DVD movie or music CD in a while.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Search Comp PM
    CdburnerXP has been flawless with me since i moved to vista.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Imgburn for images.
    Nero for Data.
    1f U c4n r34d 7h1s, U r34lly n33d 2 g3t l41d!!!
    Quote Quote  
  4. This poll is rigged
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member yoda313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    The Animus
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by MJA
    This poll is rigged
    How?

    I figured imgburn was going to be no. 1 too.

    the only thing that could skew it would be that I placed nero first. Though I imagine if I placed roxio first and nero second nero would still have the same number roughly.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by otpw1
    Actually I'm hoping LightningUK is a millionaire by now...''
    Karma..''
    Me too, but it looks like Nero is kicking ass. Go figure.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    canada
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe you should add a separate category for seasoned burning user and casual burner and another for expert video encoder author burner and starting newbie video (encoding authoring??) burner.Then see the results.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Always Watching guns1inger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Miskatonic U
    Search Comp PM
    Nero tops the poll because it ships OEM with almost every burner, and therefore with most gray market desktops. Some brand name builder ship roxio instead, but Nero has got itself well embedded and is therefore everywhere. Same reason IE tops all studies on browser usage. It has nothing to do with what's best, but more to do with the fact that most users are either too ill-informed or too lazy to find out what is best and use it. Comments like "I don't use Imgburn because it doesn't have a burn DVD video button" bear this out.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member yoda313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    The Animus
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by guns1inger
    Some brand name builder ship roxio instead
    HP does. At least my vista pc from a couple years ago did.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Always Watching guns1inger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Miskatonic U
    Search Comp PM
    We use HP desktops here, and they all ship with Roxio. Toshiba seems to change it's burning software regularly, but hasn't shipped with Nero to my knowledge. Dell used to ship with Nero - don't know if it still does.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Both of my HPs came with Easy CD Creator. My first Lite-On ($129.99 on sale) came with all kinds of software, Nero, PowerDVD, Sonic My DVD, I Copy DVDs and two or three blank discs. My other Lite-Ons came with Nero and PowerDVD.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Nero 7 lite to burn DVD images and files.

    Imgburn not exactly user friendly interface when its come to writing files and option to duplicate DVD data disk.
    Quote Quote  
  13. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    canada
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by roma_turok
    Nero 7 lite to burn DVD images and files.

    Imgburn not exactly user friendly interface when its come to writing files and option to duplicate DVD data disk.
    I would say imgburn is user friendly,not newb friendly cause you gotta read abit to use it right.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by johns0
    Originally Posted by roma_turok
    Nero 7 lite to burn DVD images and files.

    Imgburn not exactly user friendly interface when its come to writing files and option to duplicate DVD data disk.
    I would say imgburn is user friendly,not newb friendly cause you gotta read abit to use it right.
    I think it's newbie friendly....Well maybe not the build function, but everything else is.
    Latest Dell (business) laptops are shipping with Roxio..lite or what ever the bloated version is. Pure crap in my opinion
    tgpo famous MAC commercial, You be the judge?
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by MJA
    This poll is rigged
    I'm with MJA on this, although it's not like it really matters. Much of what's on the web should be taken with a grain of salt...and it's no big deal if some online content needs a bit more salt.
    Originally Posted by yoda313
    How?
    Online ballot box stuffing is neither rare nor difficult, and can be accomplished in more than one way. The only requirements are the desire to promote an agenda (to justify the energy expended), coupled with time to waste and/or knowledge of how the web works (preferably combined with anywhere from rudimentary to proficient coding skills). Analysis of the logs would likely provide the best indication of the method used, but since there is arguably no way to run a user-friendly online poll and still guarantee its' integrity, it would just be a waste of time and energy to pursue the matter.

    I use ImgBurn for all burning purposes...because that's what works best for me. What someone else chooses to use is up to them.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Maybe you should have made a difference between Nero OEM and Nero Retail.
    1f U c4n r34d 7h1s, U r34lly n33d 2 g3t l41d!!!
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Vermont
    Search Comp PM
    I switched to BurnAware Free from CopytoDVD because it's faster (5 minutes to burn a full DVD) & much simpler to use. I've burned over 200 discs & not a single coaster. I burn both DVD & Data with it. For CD's I use CDBurner XP.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    United States
    Search PM
    ImgBurn takes up less space on your computer, and does a better job in my opinion.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Going Mad TheFamilyMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    south SF bay area, CA USA
    Search Comp PM
    It's nero 3 to 1 over imgburn!

    I used nero 5.5 up until my pioneer A06 finally died a year or so ago. My new samsung DVDR drive shipped with a nero 'lite' install from which I surgically installed the disk burning portion of its bloatware, only after trying the much touted imgburn. I really wanted to like imgburn but I finally gave up: it's simply too much hassle to use IMO. I agree it's a do everything, ass kicking burning tool, but if all one wants to do is burn music, data or vids quick and easy, Nero wins hands down IMO.
    Usually long gone and forgotten
    Quote Quote  
  20. The root of all evil träskmannen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Search Comp PM
    In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Okay. We want names of those people use Roxio and are not emplyed by Sonic solution that bought them.
    We should able to sell them a Ford Pinto or 386 laptop.

    Quote Quote  
  22. Member yoda313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    The Animus
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by singsing
    We want names of those people use Roxio and are not emplyed by Sonic solution that bought them.
    We should able to sell them a Ford Pinto or 386 laptop.
    Hey! I don't work for Sonic and I'm a part time Roxio user. I wouldn't buy either of those two - though I still have my 386 desktop - sentimental value more than anything
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  23. At least I'm not last

    Build mode has a new explorer style interface in 2.5.0.0. The old/new ones are known as 'Standard' and 'Advanced' (might change it to 'Enhanced') input modes - just like how it currently has 2 'output' modes.

    Hopefully that'll please a few people.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    great timing of this poll! I am rebuilding my pc this weekend and decided to stroll on over here and see what other people's opinions were of burning software. The timing of this poll couldn't be better!

    I think I agree with the earlier post that nero is definitely the OEM leader so that is what people use because its convenient. Another person commented that they were using version 6 which came out.... what... 5 years ago (not making fun as I am on the same version myself which is exactly why i'm here tonight!). I think I most agree withe the person who commented on it working seamlessly with shrink. That alone is a big time saver for me. It seems like once you use something and it works, well, why switch?!

    I am intrigued by imgburn however. I would love to hear peoples reasoning for liking it better than nero, but please don't say its free, because I am a firm believer in you get what you pay for. I am more interested in why its a better software, not why its a better value. I have never used it but I can be easily swayed by a good solid argument.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member GKar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    In the corner, on a stool
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by LIGHTNING UK!
    At least I'm not last

    Build mode has a new explorer style interface in 2.5.0.0. The old/new ones are known as 'Standard' and 'Advanced' (might change it to 'Enhanced') input modes - just like how it currently has 2 'output' modes.

    Hopefully that'll please a few people.

    And definitely not least.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by tbone8
    I am intrigued by imgburn however. I would love to hear peoples reasoning for liking it better than nero, but please don't say its free, because I am a firm believer in you get what you pay for. I am more interested in why its a better software, not why its a better value. I have never used it but I can be easily swayed by a good solid argument.
    I use it mainly for DVD Video discs because it burns compliant discs better and FASTER than Nero.....There's the 32 bit/bite thingy to
    tgpo famous MAC commercial, You be the judge?
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote  
  27. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    canada
    Search Comp PM
    I use imgburn for data,dvd video,cd music and its much better at burning d/l dvd than nero.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Search Comp PM
    tbone8,

    You can get a modified version of DvdShrink which uses ImgBurn instead of nero (for the burning part of the process) from the "Tools" page for DvdShrink on this site, or (if you want an installation guide, too) at this page. It's for xp or higher, but if your "Computer Details" are correct, that won't be a problem for you.
    I would love to hear peoples reasoning for liking it better than nero...
    Since the main focus of this website is video, a major concern of many visitors is the proper burning of dvd-video disks...a task that ImgBurn excels at (whether using single or dual layer media), and nero...doesn't excel at. Rather than go over the subject of 32k gaps again, you can just read this post, and the following post (in the same thread).
    I am a firm believer in you get what you pay for...
    I kind of lost that belief somewhere along the line, as I accumulated racks of expensive commercial software that really sucked. The far too frequent wasting of money eventually caused my belief system to evolve (or mutate, depending on your point of view). Since then, I've found software like avisynth, virtualdub, pgcedit, vobblanker, fixvts, and many more...including ImgBurn, which are not only extremely useful, but are either freeware or donationware. At this point, I use what works best, not what costs more.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Always Watching guns1inger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Miskatonic U
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tbone8
    . . . . I am intrigued by imgburn however. I would love to hear peoples reasoning for liking it better than nero, but please don't say its free, because I am a firm believer in you get what you pay for. I am more interested in why its a better software, not why its a better value. I have never used it but I can be easily swayed by a good solid argument.
    I like Imgburn because

    1. It is small. Nero in it's current incarnation requires some 1.5 GB for a complete install. Imgburn is a few MB in size.

    2. It is reliable. Unlike most other burning applications, it is not filled with superfluous extras or try to be a an authoring tool and a recording studio and a cover designer and a video converter and an audio converter and an elephant and a small car and a hat for large headed people and the list goes on and on. It does one thing, and does it very well.

    3. It is smart. Burning data ? - it knows what to do. Burning AVCHD to DVD ? - it knows what to do. Burning DVD Video ? It knows what to do. It pops up at just the right moment to say "it looks like you are burning {insert type of disc here}. Do you want me to change the settings accordingly ?" Very nice.

    4. It actually burns DVD Video correctly. Something that Nero has never done. Ever.

    5. It is simple. It may not be as pretty as Nero (no big shiny buttons to keep the simple folk amused), but it is concise, and everything is in easy reach. And the Help menu actually leads to real help in the form of illustrated guides at the Imgburn forum.

    6. It is so simple, I can teach computer illiterate teachers to use it.

    7. It is the only free tool to reliably burn Dual Layer DVDs, with correctly positioned layer breaks.

    8. It is simply brilliant.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  30. I use imgburn for all my burning needs, I am not saying that it does everything, but it does everything I need it for.

    I don't know if people know about an app called burrrn, but I used to love it for burning audio disc's from flac or monkey files, it worked great, but unfortunately it does not work on Vista, it just crashes, so I no longer use it.
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads