VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have some MKV files with IDX/SUB subtitles in them. I've run them through ConvertXtoDVD to make a pretty decent normal DVD with all the audio tracks and subs selectable.

I also want to compress them for my LifeDrive with just the Japanese audio and english hardsubs. Is there any program that can hardsub direct from IDX/SUB? I know DVD Fab can hardsub direct from a DVD, but these are MKV files.

I suppose I could use DVD Fab to make hardsubbed videos from the DVD made with ConvertXtoDVD, but that's a ton of extra time. :P Even more time because to get the best looking hardsubs that way one must go to full DVD resolution hardsubbed video with DVD Fab then resize with something else because DVD Fab is horrible at resizing the subs with the video.
    Quote Quote  
  2. If you frameserve using an AviSynth file, then load the VSFilter (comes included with the VobSub package), or stick it in your AviSynth Plugins folder and:

VobSub("C:\Path\To\Movie.idx")

Add that to your script, adjusting for your names and paths. If you'd rather an all-in-one program do it for you, then XviD4PSP can both make your MKV as well add in the IDX/SUB to be hardsubbed. I'm assuming it can open MKVs as well, but I've never tried. I'm sure other programs can do it as well.
    I suppose I could use DVD Fab to make hardsubbed videos from the DVD made with ConvertXtoDVD, but that's a ton of extra time.
    Either way you need a full reencode, so I'm not sure where the "ton of extra time" comes from.
    Quote Quote