VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was recording video on my r/c plane when I crashed into the water. The camera became submerged and stopped working. I would REALLY like to recover the final 64 MB video it was recording prior to going into the water, but the file won't play. I am going to attach the crash video to this message and attach another 'good' video shot from the same camera earlier in the day for reference. Please note that I have truncated the bulk of data following MDAT in the file(s) using a hex editor to make the files a reasonable size.

Any help and/or guidance would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks in advance...

p.s. I tried moving all of the data following MDAT in the 'corrupted' file to the area following MDAT in the 'good' file but that just created a viewable empty video of the length of the original 'good' file.

crash.mp4
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here is the good video file shot with the same camera of a comparable length to the corrupted one. Again, I truncated the majority of data following MDAT using a hex editor.

Thanks again...

video.mp4
    Quote Quote  
  3. u have both good and bad file from same source? ten y can't u try this tool?
    it is better to try with http://grauonline.de/cmsimple2_6/en/?Solutions:HD_Video_Repair_Utility
    it is not a freeware...but half of te video can be repaired freely wth demo version...
    Quote Quote