VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi All,

I've struggled to find the answer to this query (have checked the forums) Here's my query?

I have many many individual Pop Video VOB'S. I'd like to be able to (whenever I want) just select say 20 odd vobs and put them together on a DVD ( but without the hassle of using a programme that then insists on re-transcoding them and taking ages to do so)

I used to use Vobedit I think it was. Renumbered each vob file (something like Vob_001, Vob_002 etc) and then mixed maybe 3 videos at a time, and then had to use IFOEDIT to build the IFO's and it worked a treat. However,

You can only have so many vobs in a titleset in IFO so I couldn't easily fill the disk.

VOB2MPG is brill - Just about to buy that tonight, it seems to do ALMOST everything I want - EXCEPT it only joins chapters from a single DVD - I need to join say 25 vobs from different folders on my hard drive (without transcoding) and obtain the IFO' files as well - so that I can then burn the resulting DVD.

Please can any of you out there point me in the right direction of a programme that will do what I want all in one?

I don't want to demux and use authoring programmes (hopefully) - Just through up a selection of vobs, get them joined and the IFO files added ready to burn.

Thanks very much in advance - Sorry about the long question.

Phil Boulding (Not so sunny Blackburn)
    Phil
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just to add - I don't need a menu - Just put the DVD and it would play the Pop videos in the order I added them. - Thanks again.
    Phil
    Quote Quote  
  3. what do you need the ifos for? once you join vobs the old ifos are useless.

with vob2mpeg you could use it twice. once in ifo mode to extract the parts you want from all the dvds. then take the vobs in the order that you want them and put them all in one folder. re-name them consecutively as in vts_01_1.vob, vts_01_2.vob ..... and use vob2mpeg in vobset mode to join all those together into one mpeg.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Minidv2dvd,

Thanks for the very speedy answer. The ifo's needed to be created to go with the vobs - but anyway it worked. More importantly - thanks for your answer. I didn't appreciate that I could use vob2mpeg in the way you describe. So I can join "ANY" vobs together - provided I've numbered them as you indicate and pop them in a folder. Fantastic. Now again though that is ALMOST what I want. Remember my ultimate goal is to burn a DVD and for that I need to have joined up vobs (from my multitude of independent pop video vobs) and then of course the associated ifo files etc.

Is there one tool that would let me do that do you think?

Again, thanks for the previous advice

Phil
    Phil
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi All - Quick update. I've been struggling to get an answer to my query above for a few years now - on and off - since I posted I think my only other post on Afterdawn to ask the same question and never really got further than the piece meal option I outlined above.

Just downloaded TMPGenc Authoring works 4 trial version.

It let me add in to the GUI my vob files - though it said it didn't support them but did I want to add them anyway (mmm strange) - I did - it accepted them (3) and then progressed through the screens (didn't want a menu) said Go. And voila - VERY VERY quickly it ran through compiling them - didn't do ANY transcoding and then let me burn to a dvd.

The DVD played perfectly the 3 pop videos - allowing skipping back and forth to the next track etc. $79 - Happy to buy ......but before I do....I'm going to trial over the next few days - Will happily share back my findings.

But in the meantime - if there is anyone out there that could share an alternative even easier (cheaper) alternative I would really appeciate it.

Thanks

Phil
    Phil
    Quote Quote  
  6. the free dvdflick might be worth a look, and there are other authoring programs in the tools section. <--- left column.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi MiniDv2dvd,

Almost time for bed said zebedee, but wanted to respond. Had a look in Tools as you suggested and came across DVDStyler (will also now of course check out DVD FLICK (thanks))

Styler also very quickly did what I wanted (just added two VOB;s) and it played perfectly - however I did notice that the time of the video now about 6.5 mins didn't display correctly in VLC - it was as if it was only counting the first video - though the video did play perflectly from one track to the other - might have been me. Will carry on testing and check out the DVD flick - Any view about which is better/more stable etc?

Catch up again tomorrow - thanks

Phil
    Phil
    Quote Quote