I have a music video that is in vob format @ 29.97 fps. The source seems to be shot at 25 fps and field blended to ntsc 29.97 fps. I've used a smart bob on the source and then used SRestore() to restore the original frames. For the most part the music video looks correct except 2-3 different parts in the video that still have blends in them. Here is a sample from the source video of the part that still comes out with field blends.
These frames look maybe double blended or something...is there anything that can be done on these sections of the music video to repair the frames?
PS...this is from a music video...if the content of the clip offends you I apologize (I doubt it would offend anyone though lol.).
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
No hope for this type of blend?
Final destination is an ipod touch. The entire music video is field blended to achieve the ntsc 29.97 fps from a source 25 fps. I've not tried FixBlendIVT...I've only tried using a smart bobber then using SRestore(), which works great on the other parts of the music video. Its just this one part and one other part of the video...
FixBlendIVTC is for hard telecined NTSC sources that have been blend deinterlaced (3 clean and 2 blended frames in every 5 frame sequence). This uses a PAL source and it hasn't been deinterlaced at all. And it can't be entirely fixed. There are just too many blended fields. Unblenders depend on one field in a frame being 'clean'. You just have too many blends in there, with sometimes both fields of a frame being blended. The most you can hope is to unblend it as best you can and decimate it to 25fps so that it plays smoothly and the blends aren't too noticeable when it's played at full speed.
Oddly, when I used this sequence:
MPEG2Source("EnurCalabriaClip.d2v") Yadif(mode=1,order=1) SRestore() SelectEvery(4,1,2,3)
I took the first advice and found a pal vob of the music video. That sequence on the original pal vob is also blended weirdly. At least the pal source vob is a bit more high quality. I'll try that selectevery function...I could always do that and then make it a variable frame rate video, or just live with it with the blends.
EDIT : I just tested the pal one after converting it to ipod format, and that sequence does not look as bad as it did before when I was converting it from the ntsc source. I can still tell something's wrong, but its not nearly as distracting/harsh. I think maybe srestore was having a hard time choosing which frames to keep in that sequence since they were all messed up, and possibly making it worse than it was before the field blend from 25 to 29.97. Thanks again for the replies. Now I have to figure out how to remove logos.
Originally Posted by jagabo
Doing it as VFR is one solution, sure, but if you need a single framerate, as you do for an XviD/DivX AVI, then it's no good.
Originally Posted by alcOre
I convert to .mp4 file for iPod Touch which supports VFR(h264+aac.) If those parts continue to bother me I'll decimate them like jacabo said and make it VFR. But honestly after grabbing a pal source vob those 2-3 parts dont look quite as distracting (although still noticable.) Thanks for the link about logo removal...