VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've been doing this for years with no problem. I use my VCR and AVDC 100 for capturing video. Last week, my tv video got very bad....not sharp...very grainy. I switched the vcr to another one I had in storage and the tv picture cleared up instantly. However, the quality of my captures is very poor. I'm thinking there's something wrong with the output jacks on the old (ancient) vcr. I'm using a brand new wire so that's not the problem. I've been looking online for a new vcr with three output jacks in the back but not having any luck. Is there a better solution using a dvd recorder perhaps? Is it possible the canopus is at fault? Thanks.

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by BonnieW88
    I've been doing this for years with no problem. I use my VCR and AVDC 100 for capturing video. Last week, my tv video got very bad....not sharp...very grainy. I switched the vcr to another one I had in storage and the tv picture cleared up instantly. However, the quality of my captures is very poor. I'm thinking there's something wrong with the output jacks on the old (ancient) vcr. I'm using a brand new wire so that's not the problem. I've been looking online for a new vcr with three output jacks in the back but not having any luck. Is there a better solution using a dvd recorder perhaps? Is it possible the canopus is at fault? Thanks.

To check the Canopus, connect it to a clean signal (e.g. a cable box or DVD player with home made disc).
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tested....it's not the canopus. I just found an inexpensive dvd recorder on amazon. Got very good reviews....I'm going for it. Thanks for helping me narrow down my problem.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Phooey! The dvd recorder I was looking at has only component jacks. I was hoping it would connect to my dish the same way my vcr did.....in from dish, out to tv with coaxial cable. Does anyone know of a unit that would work for me?
    Quote Quote