VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. BOOOM !!! coreavc worked instantly, just added the coreavc filter in mpchc, blocked the ffdshow filter, then set coreavc to prefer. everything played like butter. ohh yeah

thanks again poisondeathray. always helping me ! cheers

normally i would think a poison death ray would not be something awesome and helpful, yet here we are
    Quote Quote  
  2. I forgot to mention using that haali splitter has some audio glitches (at least on this pc) in the middle of that 1st file, and that I used the internal .ts splitter in MPC, but it sounds like you got some combination working

cheers
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by jagabo
    Those clips look like Hauppauge HD PVR recordings to me. They are 1920x1088, 25 fps, progressive (they may be encoded interlaced but the frame contents are progressive).
    It might be once of those with mixed content, because on the first clip, near the end there is definitely interlacing (like standard pure interlace pattern), but the most of the content has MBAFF type pattern interlacing with fine horizontal lines and it doesn't look as "clean" as pure progressive (or maybe it's just artifacting from the low quality)
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by poisondeathray
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    Those clips look like Hauppauge HD PVR recordings to me. They are 1920x1088, 25 fps, progressive (they may be encoded interlaced but the frame contents are progressive).
    It might be once of those with mixed content, because on the first clip, near the end there is definitely interlacing (like standard pure interlace pattern), but the most of the content has MBAFF type pattern interlacing with fine horizontal lines and it doesn't look as "clean" as pure progressive (or maybe it's just artifacting from the low quality)
    The bumblebee at the end of 2008_8_10_22_47_37.TS? Yes, that has interlaced frames. Missed it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This thread is a reason why do i use and like Splash player.
    No configurations/advanced settings. 3min to download and install and all h.264 videos work perfectly.
    Similar performance to coreavc and its free.
    1080i streams work supersmooth, even better than perfectly thanks to "1080i to 1080p" mode.

Overall player is still missing some basic functionality but final release should be great.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    Did you install CoreAVC Pro? The standard version is single threaded. You need a multithreaded decoder. I would also enable the "Crop 1088 to 1080" option. You don't need the deinterlace option for those videos -- set it to Weave.

I get the best results in MPCHC using the internal MPEG splitter and CoreAVC Pro. Second best is with ffdshow mt. MPCHC's internal h.264 software decoder (ffmpeg) has some kind of problem with Hauppauge HD PVR TS files. All I get is a black window (maybe the 1088 vs 1080 line issue). The internal h.264 DXVA decoder works fine and gives the lowest CPU usage.
    I just acquired a problem with my Media Player Classic (Home_Cinema)
    before yesterday I could easily play the .MTS files (AVCHD used by Panasonic) However, they just stopped playing on MPC ??
    They still play fine on every other player I have installed but now all I get is a black screen and "playing" displayed ??

I have tried:
    -updating K-light codec
    -installing MPC again
    -updating Core AVC

The only significant thing I did before loosing playback was encode a video in Vegas Platinum

??

Quote Quote  
  7. Right click on the video while it's playing (even if it's all black) and select filters. What filters are in use?
    Quote Quote