VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all,

I've been searching the forums and haven't been able to find anything that quite matches my current dilemma, perhaps someone here could shed some light on the situation for me...

I have a GeForce 8800GTS Dual DVI gfx card which has been connected to my Samsung LE32A55 LCD TV through a 5m DVI to HDMI cable through one port, and a standard LCD PC monitor through the other.

The picture resolution and quality to the TV seems fine (although there is occasionally some slight flickering) aside from the fact that it appears to be missing any red colour signal giving the image a blue tint.

I've attempted a bunch of different settings on both the TV and the PC, including different resolutions (including 1080p and 720p), colour temperatures, manual colour/brightness/contrast settings, different ports, etc which all seem to make a difference in some way but not to the lack of red colour.

Suffice to say, I've used the TV standalone and with accessories using HDMI input such as DVD players and an Xbox360 without any problems like this.

Has anyone here any experience of this type of display problem? I'd be grateful for any and all assistance!

Thanks, Rich

---

Note... My final goal is to have my dual display setup as normal (2x monitors) with a dvi splitter cable on one port for one of the monitors and my TV - with the intention of then being able to watch video on my TV rather than up on the computer screen. Without trying it out, I believe that in practice this may need some configuration every time I want to go between the two screens - but I can live with this. For now I'm just trying to get the TV working on it's own port before attempting this at any rate.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Check and make certain you have a secure cable connection at all points. Only time I have ever seen this is when the cable is cockeyed.

I have the same card and a similar setup.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Nelson37, thanks for the response - I must admit when I first saw it I thought that something similar might have been happening too.

I've got it up and running now and am sure the cables are firmly secured though - I've even gone as far as screwing the DVI cable into the gfx card to get any extra leverage that I can - problem is still there though.

I'm currently in the middle of downloading the latest driver for the graphics card so will report back if this makes any difference (although I'm not gonna hold my breath on that one)
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, looks like it's sorted now - while the driver was downloading I thought I'd have another go fiddling with the cable at the TV end and it looks like there is a dodgy connection in the cable. If it's bent at just the right angle the colours come back into the picture - and it looks very nice!

Will get a replacement
    Quote Quote