VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is there a way to confirm that a video is RTMPE, so you don't waste your time trying to download with normal methods? I've been downloading youtube videos for at least three years, but normal methods didn't work on the video below. MGM Digital Media is obviously being given streaming powers the rest of mere mortals don't have.

It took me a couple of days of experimenting with different screen capture software before getting a decent copy of this of Outer Limits video with it's unusual multi-channel sound:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVhAF1W6D2g

The reason I had to experiment with different screen capture software is because one didn't know how to to work with my sound card, another could only capture about one frame per second of the final output video, etc. Finding one that works with a particular computer can take some experimenting.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM

Sorry, this side of the world region can't help you.
    La Linea by Osvaldo Cavandoli
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    One way to confirm would be to download and install the trial of replay media catcher. If the download errors out then you can look at the properties of the error to find out if it is rtmpe protected. Replay media catcher will not download rtmpe protected streams.

Other than that I know no simple way. I've heard that jaksta will still download rtmpe but I can't confirm.
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well I guess that confirms it. This is the error from Jaksta:

*** Encrypted RTMP (RTMPE) has been detected but no playlist was found to provide the connection details ***
    Detecting file name from tags ...
    No title tag could be extracted
    File name detection complete
    Complete with errors. Double click to view.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hey, have u tried tunebite? I saw some reviews that it can record rtmpe files, it has this new feature which allows us to record even this extension. I'm thinking to get it but I was wondering if someone already tried it... Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  6. Tunebyte resorts to screen recording to record encrypted RTMP streams.
    Quote Quote  
  7. have u gave it a try? Did it record corectly? As far as I know it is mainly a converter and from what I've seen untill now it seems to be a great converter and if it could record with good quality movies even the rtmpe streams that would be much perfect.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Yes, I installed the Tunebite demo on a virtual machine. When I went to record the Outer Limits episode it told me it was an encrypted RTMP stream and would record from the screen. I had to mark the area to record and it then saved that area to a file. The demo was limited to one minute recordings. You can't really use your computer for anything else while recording because if another windows opens up over the video you'll end up recording that windows instead of the video. (Of course, running in a VM, I could just minimize the VM.)

I didn't pay much attention to the quality of the recording, just saw it wast there and it played. The video was a little jerky but that may have been because of running in a VM. I deleted the VM afterwards so I don't have the recording anymore.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Well, thanks, I got the freeware version which has some additional demo features and I managed to record as u also said one min from a movie, I liked it as it had a pretty good quality. And I really don't think it's a bad thing u can't do anythink on ur pc while it's recording, cause I can watch the film while it's recording. Or u can leave it alone and do smthelse. Also the other features I guess are very usefl, so I'm really thinking to get the full version and if it works as the freeware version, it'd be perfect.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried the FREE rtmpdump? It works on some rtmpe streams. You run it from the command line like
    Code:
    "C:\temp\rtmpdump.exe" -r "rtmpe://fl11.c90909.cdn.qbrick.com/90909/_definst_/kluster/20091027/geose_PG-1131239-010A-TRUEBLOOD1" -o "c:\temp\video.flv"
    I can't test it cause I have no access to that youtube page. See https://forum.videohelp.com/topic374948.html for a detailed guide.

Other tools that also can do screen capturing like tunebite is wm capture and replay video capture.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    An update. I was eventually able to record that Outer Limits video with ACA Capture Pro. This was a screen capture, not a download. It did a decent enough job.

Fast forward: My computer's motherboard died, and I wound up with a new Dell computer with Windows 7. However, none of my old software could record "what you hear" audio, including ACA Capture Pro. In doing some research, seems a lot of people are having this problem with Windows 7, which doesn't give you the same options in the the control panels audio settings or device manager, like there was in XP or Vista. The issue may also be partly caused by the driver of your sound card, in my case a Soundblaster X-Fi Xtreme.

So, I finally tried the trial version of Tunebite. It worked right off, recording anything I heard through the speakers, along with the video. Very good. On the down side, I also noticed a lot of disgruntled users on Tunebite's forums with version 7, which seems to have a lot of bugs, with little help from support. Then there was that unusually long installation routine Tunebite went through. Yikes, you would think your were installing Microsoft Office. It was rather unnerving when it kept telling me it was deleting old files and programs and updating them with new ones. That's a little disconcerting on a four-week-old Dell computer. Fortunately, I made a Windows restore point before installing Tunebite and then invoked that restore point to put everything back the way it was. I am still pondering whether I want to pay for Tunebite. I'm still trying to understand what all it does during installation.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Forgive me if I'm operating in ignorance of some aspect of the scenario, but is there some reason why you can't just pull the video out of your cache with Videocacheview or download it with Realplayer SP?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by brassplyer
    Forgive me if I'm operating in ignorance of some aspect of the scenario, but is there some reason why you can't just pull the video out of your cache with Videocacheview or download it with Realplayer SP?
    Yes. The video isn't in the cache and Realplayer cant' download them.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just a final update. I finally went with Applian's Replay Video Capture as my screen recording software.

RVC worked perfectly in Windows 7 with my sound card, and is far easier and intuitive then Tunebite. Screen captures appear indistinguishable from the original flash display.
    Quote Quote  
  15. I just tried to get some rtmpe movie using replay media catcher and tubedigger recently.
    Replay media catcher is not working at all with youtube rtmpe.
    But tubedigger can download some part and crashed.
    I can even play this partially downloaded movie.
    The problem is tubedigger website is not functioning now and
    I didn't use the full version of tubedigger.
    I think the full version of tubedigger will record rtmpe movies.
    Quote Quote