VideoHelp Forum

Poll: Do you smoke? if so, how many cigarettes?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. So, how many of you smoke, & how many cigarettes do you smoke, I used to smoke, I quit along time ago, now I can't stand it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't smoke cigarettes, but I do have a cigar occasionally. That can mean anything from once a week or once every few months. For instance the last time I had a cigar was about 3-4 months ago. And yet I do have a humidor so I would still have to count myself as a "smoker".
    FB-DIMM are the real cause of global warming
    Quote Quote  
  3. I quit nearly 30 years ago so as not to set a bad example for my children. I don't consider it a disgusting habit, but there are definitely some disgusting smokers. But there are disgusting non-smokers, too.

@ G)-(OST - Thank you.
    "Shut up Wesley!" -- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Buy My Books
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by gadgetguy
    But there are disgusting non-smokers, too.
    Funny....................but true

I gave up 7 years ago & am better for it
    Quote Quote  
  5. I have never smoked.
    1f U c4n r34d 7h1s, U r34lly n33d 2 g3t l41d!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Other.
    Originally Posted by G)-(OST
    ...I used to smoke, I quit along time ago...
    That's me too.
    "To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research." - Steven Wright
    "Megalomaniacal, and harder than the rest!"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Not a smoker. I just didn't want to vote the "eek" line - too weak for me - I'll choose other to get the vote in
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by yoda313
    Not a smoker. I just didn't want to vote the "eek" line - too weak for me - I'll choose other to get the vote in
    My wife suggested that one, that's my excuse anyway

Change it if you want
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by G)-(OST
    Originally Posted by yoda313
    My wife suggested that one, that's my excuse anyway

Change it if you want
    Nope - don't need to. This is your poll. Besides that is why I always include the "other" option in my polls
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I smoke about a cart and a half out of my E-cigarette.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Been smoking since I was 12, now 70 years of age. Before retirement, I was smoking between 2-3 packs a day, now only a packet a day. Never had a restipitory problem of any description in my life. Recently had a triple by-pass, both the cardiologist and the surgeon were quick to comment on the surprisingly good condition of my lungs. My cardiologist made it very clear to my wife and family my heart condition was not due to smoking, he said it was hereditary, little did he know my brother died at 46. On my mothers side of the family 10 died of heart attacks, I guess he knew what he's talking about.

The biggest killer of all is the motor industry, a couple of hours travel to work a day in heavy traffic conditions can do a lot of damage. I recently saw a documentary where they examined a non-smoker's heart who lives in the city and compared it to another non-smoker's heart of someone living in the country. The city persons heart was black and the other was pink.

The anti-smoking lobbyist campaign is possibly the greatest promotion since IBM and Coca Cola, certainly the best in modern times.

What I would like to see happen is to grab 30 smokers, give each of them a carton of cig's and lock them in a single garage for a day (8hrs), end of day, all would be feeling reasonably well. Then grab 30 of the anti-smoking lobbyist and throw them in the same garage with a car running for an hour and see how many of them walk out alive, food for thought.

My local doctor some years ago was concerned about how many I was smoking each day, he suggested it would be in my interest to undergo a stress test, I obliged. When I stepped from the treadmill the result was a stress factor of 10, I asked what was the meaning of ten, he replied "you have the heart of a marathon runner your age". I walked to the nearest shop bought a packet of cig's, returned to my doctor, threw the gig's on his desk together with my test results and advised him to take up smoking.

Now I'm not suggesting smoking is harmless ..but.. I am stating, the motor industry is causing more problems than any smoker.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I used to smoke Marlboro Reds and dip Copenhagen Snuff. Half the time I'd have a dip in my mouth while I was smoking. Gave em both up at the same time. My (at the time infant) son was diagnosed asthmatic so he couldn't be around smoke at all without going into an attack. Man that was tuff. I wasn't a happy person to be around for a couple of weeks while I was going through the withdrawls. Gave it up cold turkey.

I still have the craving for a dip to this day. Not so much for the smokes though.

Glad I gave it up now with the rise in tobacco prices I wouldn't be able to afford it.
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote