VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a lot of HD video that I am creating a blu-ray menu based project. The program I am using is DVD architect 5.0. I also have a lot of SD video (720x480), and what I want to to would be to have both the SD and the HD in the same project. The problem is that I am trying to add SD into a 1920x1080 structure, so the SD video get resized, or upconverted very poorly. I would not mind if I could just keep the SD video in 720x480, in the center of the screen and have black bars all around. I understand that the video will be much smaller but I am ok with that. So how can I create a 1920x1080 resolution video with 720x480 in the center. Is their another program that I can use then out put that, and then bring that into my project?

Any help would be great. I have been strugglying with this, and google has failed me.

Rav4man
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you have DVD Architect then you must have Vegas. Use that to create the video.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Actually I only have DVD architect 5.0. I purchased it on it own. With vegas will I be able to have a video canvas of 1920x1080, and in the center have a canvas of 720x480 and the output it to blu-ray? Any help would be great, before I go and purchase vegas.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    A quick search seems to indicate that DVD Architect Studio v4.5 is the only version that can be purchased separately.

Maybe you should check the box or your receipt. It's important for us to know which version we're discussing.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This link http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/products/product.asp?pid=463 seems to indicate the two products may be purchased separately, even though they are often bundled.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    multiAVCHD can handle different resolutions in the same project, though the menus are a lot simpler and not as configurable as something like DVD Architect.

It's still an awesome tool though
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet
    This link http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/products/product.asp?pid=463 seems to indicate the two products may be purchased separately, even though they are often bundled.
    The link is for DVD Architect Studio v4.5.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DVDA will not let you use multiple resolutions and/or frame rates. It requires you to go with a single project setting. Your choice is either re-encode your SD footage to HD, or let DVDA do it for you.

I'm also going to suggest using multiAVCHD. It will support multiple resolutions and frame rates. You can create your own custom menus, but you are limited in the tittle placement. You can't change the button locations. It still allows for some nice looking menus if you're creative. Here's one I did the other day:

Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote