VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    When you order an item from your local computer store how long do you usually wait to get the item?Been waiting 2 weeks for a video card and just wondered if you tell the store to cancel the order or wait patiently till it comes which might be another week or 2.

I've ordered from this store before and have waited 3 weeks before and when i order online longest i wait is 1 week.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  2. The longest I have waited is three weeks. Having said that, I think unless you are getting it from another country, you should not wait any longer than two weeks.
    Believing yourself to be secure only takes one cracker to dispel your belief.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Two weeks would be the max for me. Then I'd start looking elsewhere.
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote  
  4. I don't see the point in buying a product from a B&M store that has to be ordered. For my money, the only advantage of B&M is being able to get it immediately, if it has to be ordered then that advantage is lost.
    "Shut up Wesley!" -- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Buy My Books
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The only reason i like to buy from the local computer store is the return service is much easier than shipping it back.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @johns0 - thats a good point. You don't have to repack it and go through that dance routine.....
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Just went to the local computer store and canceled my order,gonna order a 260gtx216 from newegg.ca when my credit card gets updated with the money i had saved for the other store.$185 for ther msi overclocked version is a much better price than the bfg 260gtx which was only 192 core and $199.
    Quote Quote