VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi to all.
    I’ve got full HD new camera Canon HF S10. I know already how to edit video from that camera in Vegas 9 for the internet. But I can’t get a clue how to make/burn DVD from original AVCHD (mts & m2ts) files edited in Vegas for example, and not to loose quality (or resolution). I shoot originally at 24Mbps in Full “HD" with 1920x1080 pixels. I want to keep that quality or what was the point to buy that camera? Please advice.
    Quote Quote  
  2. You need a blu-ray player. DVD-video doesn't support HD. You can use DVD5 media, and make an AVCHD disc on DVD5 for playback on a blu-ray player, but you won't fit very much running time on it assuming you use the same bitrate (20-30 min)

You would export to h.264 blu-ray and author with DVD Architect, or even use free apps like multiavchd.

Since you are re-encoding (at least some segments when you edit in Vegas) you will lose some quality in those segments. You can minimize quality loss by using higher bitrates, but at the expense of running time with fixed capacity media

Another option is to use HTPC or a media player like Tvix, Popcorn Hour, or WD Media Player
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray
    You need a blu-ray player. DVD-video doesn't support HD. You can use DVD5 media, and make an AVCHD disc on DVD5 for playback on a blu-ray player, but you won't fit very much running time on it assuming you use the same bitrate (20-30 min)

You would export to h.264 blu-ray and author with DVD Architect, or even use free apps like multiavchd.

Since you are re-encoding (at least some segments when you edit in Vegas) you will lose some quality in those segments. You can minimize quality loss by using higher bitrates, but at the expense of running time with fixed capacity media

Another option is to use HTPC or a media player like Tvix, Popcorn Hour, or WD Media Player
    Thanks. I'm re-encoding in Vegas for the internet only. I prefer to do not re-encode for disc, but not many software can deal directly with mts files. Even I'm not sure if for example when Premier SC4 editing those mts files were they encoded before editing or not?
    Can you tell bit more about DVD5 please?
    Quote Quote