VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    first off great guide...

one question I do have is why do u have choose to disable bd-live in anydvd settings? is there a reason?

thanks for any help...
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I followed thru the guide but when patching the index file with avchd patcher 1.06 i get an error saying file was patched.
    not showing a picture saying ok.... does that matter?

thanks for any help
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by blusky1
    Compliments to MilOtis for creating such a great guide for newbies like myself.

I have read in post that it is not possible to include the HD audio when Backing up to a BD5 disk.
    I am trying to find the most cost effective way to Backup to a DVD but also including the HD audio.

My question is can a backup be made to a DVD9 = 8.5GB and include the HD audio and 1080P???

Before I go out and purchase the media just whant to find the most cost effective way to do this.

Thanks in advance.
    well for the record... i am currently in the process of doing "the orphan" settings set to highest and keeping hd audio and my final size is 7.72 hope this helps...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Great guide but problem...running Win 7, Pioneer BDR-205, installed BD Rebuilder along with the required software, ripped iso file with AnyDVD to usb drive with 100 gb free successfully.

Set up BD Rebuilder 0.31.04 according to the guide, hit backup button.
    I choose to burn Full Movie to BD-25.

I get an error with Haali Media Splitter "Error: can't open file Unspecified error".
    I uninstalled HMS and reinstalled with the defaults, same error.

I uninstalled and installed the previous version. Now I get the error:
    "Error: can't open file: The media type of this file is not recognized"

Can anyone help with this error ???

Turns out when I select Movie Only, I do not get the error. I only get it with Full Movie
    Woha, 100% complete first pass then I get the error again.

I opened Haali Media Splitter but have no idea what settings should be or how to discover problem.

Thanks in advance!!

lafjax

Log shows:

[11:04:53] BD Rebuilder v0.31.04 (beta)
    - Source: MY_BLU_RAY
    - Input BD size: 34.72 GB
    - Approximate total content: [02:57:23.290]
    - Target BD size: 22.46 GB
    - Windows Version: 6.1 [7600]
    - Audio Settings: AC3=0 DTS=0 HD=1 Kbs=640
    [11:04:53] PHASE ONE, Encoding
    - [11:04:53] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00280]
    - [11:05:01] Reencoding: VID_00280 (1 of 16)
    - Encode failed. Retrying.
    [11:05:21]PHASE ONE aborted by user request
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok first thank you for bieng a genius, now i keep running into problems hopfulls you can get back to me asap,
    os, win 7
    burnner lg bd

i follow you guild up to the part were have to use avhd-patcher and then i get a problem error , when i try to open the avhd it starts to open the imagburn program, it reads invalid or unsupported image file , that is after it opens the imag burn program , not to mention that i still get some ocational failed to read audio or video files on the bd-rebuilder, plus i realy dont think that it is shrinking the file at all , i hate to be the only dummy that cant seem to get this all to work but I need help bad oh and if yo can , can you please make a guild that we can use to adjust all the progams associated with this guild you have so patiently created thanks a million
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by detr0yt

I have read in post that it is not possible to include the HD audio when Backing up to a BD5 disk.
    I am trying to find the most cost effective way to Backup to a DVD but also including the HD audio.

My question is can a backup be made to a DVD9 = 8.5GB and include the HD audio and 1080P???

Before I go out and purchase the media just whant to find the most cost effective way to do this.

Thanks in advance.
    well for the record... i am currently in the process of doing "the orphan" settings set to highest and keeping hd audio and my final size is 7.72 hope this helps...
    @detr0yt... i am curious as to what settings your using? and did it work to have 1080p and HD audio on dual layer DVD

thanks for any help...
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by crazydrve
    Originally Posted by detr0yt

Thanks in advance.
    @detr0yt... i am curious as to what settings your using? and did it work to have 1080p and HD audio on dual layer DVD

thanks for any help...
    Check this thread out.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    sorry to bother once again but no one has answered my questions , i am having problems with AVCHD-pather_1.06 , it is tring to open with Imgburn and is not being recognize by Imgburn , not to mention that BD_Rebuilder does not seam to shrink any of my movies no mater what format a chose BD_25 , DVD-5 or DVD-9. is the any guide that I can use to adjust my setting on all the programs that you have recomended plz someone help this is fustrating , please get back to me ASAP thank you
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Nice guide but i'm having problems with BD rebuilder because i followed all the steps correctly but when i start the backup on rebuilder it stays on for a couple of minutes and then it says: Failed video encode, aborted.
    I'm running the latest version of bd rebuilder on Windows 7 64bit.
    Quote Quote  
  10. If I'm not mistaken, many people running Windows 7 (particularly 64-bit) are getting fail/abort error and other obscure problems with no clearly identifiable cause. And recent threads have made me suspect that certain versions of ffdshow, Haali, and/or AviSynth may be problematic.

A recent post (Jan. 17) from jdobbs on the BDRB bug report thread has this:

"Don't use FFDSHOW X64. I have not tested it and cannot confirm it will work. Use the versions of software I have posted in the beginning of this thread. If you decide you know more than me and you want to use other versions of HAALI, AVISYNTH, X264, and FFDSHOW -- great -- but you are completely on your own. Don't come back here posting about "latest versions"... I don't know how many times I have to say that, but its really starting to get annoying now."

The versions jdobbs is referring to are:

ffdshow v.3133_20091117
    Matroska splitter v.1.9.42.1 (A.K.A "Haali")
    AviSynth v. 2.57

I'm not saying it is necessarily the solution, but it would be wise to use the versions of ancillary software that jdobbs has verified *DO* work. And remember that BDRB is still beta software. Good luck.

If you want to read a whole lot more, see this 334 page thread:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=143716
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for that bd rebuilder now works, but now it wont recognize it on my laptop which has a bluray reader and writer.
    It plays the original disc but not this one.
    It uses powerdvd.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by Jai95
    Thanks for that bd rebuilder now works, but now it wont recognize it on my laptop which has a bluray reader and writer.
    It plays the original disc but not this one.
    It uses powerdvd.
    Well, I guess that's something.

Are you saying PowerDVD won't play the disc image? If so, use the PowerDVD workaround in AnyDVDHD settings or do movie only. (I don't suppose you mean the movie District 9?) Assuming you're using AnyDVDHD to decrypt. That is, if I'm understanding you properly, the issue is with PowerDVD.

But your post is not clear. More information needed.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes i am using anydvdhd to decypt and when i put the disc that i created into my laptop, powerdvd comes up and it says there is no disc in the drive or that disc format is not supported.
    When i was using anydvdhd to rip the image i didnt use the workaround powerdvd setting.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Well, you could try it. From what I can gather, the issue does not apply to movie-only backups, but I can't say from personal experience. I chucked PowerDVD after trying it out for a few days and use Digital Theater in TME, a better player IMO. AFAIK, TMT has the same player as TME, although the GUI looks different.

Good luck.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I did just backup the movie only but it doesn't play.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Can you test the disc on a set-top player that can play AVCHD?

Alternatively, can you see the files in Explorer? Try to play the *.m2ts file in the STREAM folder with MPCHC. If it plays, it would tend to confirm a PowerDVD issue. From that point, I'd test a different movie, the purpose being to verify if the problem is with particular discs or with your system.

There has been some discussion of PowerDVD problems in the SlySoft AnyDVDHD forum. I'll have a closer look; I just skimmed those threads before, as again, I don't use that player.

It might help to tell us the title of the movie; someone here might have experience with it. (I'm thinking mrswla, who has backed up a helluva lot of discs, has done it). IIRC, backups of the movie District 9 exhibited the PowerDVD problem, there most likely are more.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes i tested the disc in a bluray set top player and it worked perfectly.
    And i played the *.m2ts file in the Stream folder using MPCHC and it also worked. The film is the Taking of Pelham 123.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by Jai95
    Yes i tested the disc in a bluray set top player and it worked perfectly.
    And i played the *.m2ts file in the Stream folder using MPCHC and it also worked. The film is the Taking of Pelham 123.
    That seems to be conclusive. Have you tried a complete uninstall of PowerDVD, registry clean, reboot, and re-install?

Other than that, I'm out of ideas. Good luck.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok thanks
    Quote Quote  
  20. You know, in the meantime (unless/until you get PowerDVD working properly), you could make an MKV of your backups for playing on your computer with MPCHC. For example, with MakeMKV.

You'd retain chapters and subtitles. (Well maybe, I've found MakeMKV sometimes doesn't get the subs.) :P I use HDConvertToX for that purpose, but it's not as simple to do as MakeMKV. You choose h.264 in MKV container, select copy video, copy audio, select the subs and away you go. It's pretty quick to do an MKV either way, as there's no re-encode.

Good luck.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This may sound stupid guys but i am trying to learn this stuff

i made a bd-5 disc and i want to verify it is still 1080p with 5.1 sound.. i dont need hd audio yet.. old receiver

how can i Verify info.. thanks...

crazydrve
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by fritzi93
    You know, in the meantime (unless/until you get PowerDVD working properly), you could make an MKV of your backups for playing on your computer with MPCHC. For example, with MakeMKV.

You'd retain chapters and subtitles. (Well maybe, I've found MakeMKV sometimes doesn't get the subs.) :P I use HDConvertToX for that purpose, but it's not as simple to do as MakeMKV. You choose h.264 in MKV container, select copy video, copy audio, select the subs and away you go. It's pretty quick to do an MKV either way, as there's no re-encode.

Good luck.
    If i did change it into a mkv would i loose any of the picture or sound quality?
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by Jai95
    If i did change it into a mkv would i loose any of the picture or sound quality?
    No, you'd just be re-muxing in a different container, which is distinct from re-encoding. Mind you, if you re-encode to BD5/9, you've already lost quality.

One correction: MakeMKV creates an MKV with the original subtitle format, i.e. *.PGS (presentation graphics stream). That sub format is not playable in MPCHC. If someone out there knows how to do so, please advise. OTOH, HDConvertToX will convert the *.pgs to subs that *are* playable in MPCHC, the same subtitle format as used in DVDs.

Good luck.

[EDIT] If you use HDConvertToX, and want to avoid re-encoding, use these settings:

1) Crop & Resize tab: No resize & crop
    2) Video tab: X.264 in MKV. Encoding Mode: Copy Video. Hardware Compatibility selection depends on how you're going to use the file. I use mine on my HTPC only, so I select No Hardware Compatibility Required.
    3) Audio tab: Copy Audio.
    4) Audio & Subs Selection tab: Audio: Choose the subs. Subtitle Tracks: Uncheck "NONE" and select your subs. Mux subtitles in MP4/MKV/AVI container.
    5) Generate the file.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok guys i would like to say that i love this program , but i must say , i had to figue it out all by myself and i got it to work in a diff. way , but nun the less i love it
    Quote Quote  
  25. ok I tried following the guide step by step but the links for the downloads in the beginning are outdated, some are dead links so I had to download else where which led me to using a newer version of the different software needed and all I get is errors when I use BD_Rebuilder and I tired doing movie only and full backups. I need help, are the errors due to having different newer versions of the needed files, and if so where can I download the older files from, I've been looking all over. PLEASE HELP

1st error:
    -----------------------
    [22:20:57] BD Rebuilder v0.31.07 (beta)
    - Source: JOURNEY_TO_CENTER_OF_THE_EARTH
    - Input BD size: 19.07 GB
    - Approximate total content: [01:52:21.117]
    - Target BD size: 4.27 GB
    - Windows Version: 6.0 [6002]
    - Audio Settings: AC3=1 DTS=1 HD=0 Kbs=640
    [22:20:57] PHASE ONE, Encoding
    - [22:20:57] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00004]
    - [22:20:59] Reencoding: VID_00004 (1 of 6)
    - [22:20:59] Collecting video information
    - Source Video: VC-1, 1920x1080
    - Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 558 frames
    - [22:21:00] Reencoding: VID_00004, Pass 1 of 1
    - Reached retry limit. Aborting.
    - FFDSHOW Revision: (3222)
    - FFDSHOW: VC-1 not set to wmv9
    - FFDSHOW: MPEG-2 is not set to libavcodec
    [22:21:01] - Failed video encode, aborted
    -----------------------
    [22:22:03] BD Rebuilder v0.31.07 (beta)
    [22:22:10] PHASE ONE, Encoding
    - [22:22:10] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00004]
    - [22:22:11] Reencoding: VID_00004 (1 of 6)
    - [22:22:11] Collecting video information
    - [22:22:11] Reencoding: VID_00004, Pass 1 of 1
    [22:22:12] - Failed video encode, aborted
    -----------------------
    [22:23:04] BD Rebuilder v0.31.07 (beta)
    - Input BD size: 17.07 GB
    - Approximate total content: [01:32:34.840]
    - MOVIE-ONLY mode enabled
    [22:23:05] PHASE ONE, Encoding
    - [22:23:05] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00005]
    - [22:50:17] Reencoding: VID_00005 (1 of 1)
    - [22:50:17] Collecting video information
    - Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 133,183 frames
    - Bitrate: 5,114 Kbs
    - [22:50:17] Reencoding: VID_00005, Pass 1 of 2
    [22:50:17] - Failed video encode, aborted

2nd error:

-----------------------
    [23:57:58] BD Rebuilder v0.31.07 (beta)
    - Input BD size: 17.07 GB
    - Approximate total content: [01:32:34.840]
    - MOVIE-ONLY mode enabled
    [23:57:58] PHASE ONE, Encoding
    - [23:57:58] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00005]
    - [00:16:05] Reencoding: VID_00005 (1 of 1)
    - [00:16:05] Collecting video information
    - Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 133,183 frames
    - Bitrate: 5,114 Kbs
    - [00:16:05] Reencoding: VID_00005, Pass 1 of 2
    [00:16:05] - Failed video encode, aborted

3rd error:
    -----------------------
    [00:26:58] BD Rebuilder v0.31.07 (beta)
    [00:26:58] PHASE ONE, Encoding
    - [00:26:58] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00002]
    - [00:27:03] Reencoding: VID_00002 (1 of 6)
    - [00:27:03] Collecting video information
    - Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 601 frames
    - Bitrate: 4,234 Kbs
    - [00:27:03] Reencoding: VID_00002, Pass 1 of 2
    [00:27:03] - Failed video encode, aborted
    -----------------------
    [00:28:23] BD Rebuilder v0.31.07 (beta)
    [00:28:25] PHASE ONE, Encoding
    - [00:28:25] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00004]
    - [00:28:26] Reencoding: VID_00004 (1 of 6)
    - [00:28:26] Collecting video information
    - [00:28:26] Reencoding: VID_00004, Pass 1 of 1
    [00:28:27] - Failed video encode, aborted
    Quote Quote  
  26. ok so I found some older versions with the links and installed the files and I setup ffdshow according to the errors I got to see if it works and so far so good, no errors.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Hi,

I read the guide (excellent) and this whole thread. I would like to rip a blu-ray and be able to play (stream) the files with my Seagate Freeagent Theater + media player. IOW, I want to rip is off the disc for storage/organization and play it from my hard drive instead of off the BD. The movie that I have is Terminator Salvation.

After ripping with AnyDvd HD, I can't figure out how to play the files because 1) There are 218 files in the streams folder (I assume that's where I need to go) and 2) If I start playing the streams at number 185, the stream files are out of order and my player also pauses between files, which is every 3 - 8 minutes. Shouldn't there be one huge file in there with the movie in-tact??

I'm totally new to Blu-Ray and I think that this is some kind of copy protection. ? None the less, my guess is that the movie needs to be rumuxed (?) so that the multiple (out of order) streams are combined into one file (m2ts). Is this right? If it was, I think my player would play it, no problem.

I would also like to back up the special features of the disc. IOW, not "movie only".

I've also tried ripping to iso but the only thing that plays on my Seagate is one of the specail features.

Can someone point to a thread with the answers?

Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  28. Ok I finished my 1st movie, Journey To The Center Of The Earth, movie only, burned on a dvd-r and I must say that I can't tell the difference from my blu-ray original and the dvd-r one. It took Bd-Rebuilder 14 hrs to shrink the movie but it works flawlessly, thanks 4 the guide.
    Quote Quote  
  29. @ 26kick:

Try MakeMKV to rip from the original disc. It will create a single file with the main movie, chapters, and subs. AFAIK, all media players happily accept matroska (mkv) files.

If you want a smaller file, there are a few ways to go about it. Most popular is probably to use RipBot to re-encode to a smaller *.mkv. Personally, I use BDRB to re-encode, then remux to MKV with HDConvertToX. (Note that remuxing is not re-encoding.)

Good luck.

[EDIT] Does the Seagate documentation say that the unit can play BD structure with menus?

Okay, I checked and it doesn't look like it does. It *will* play AVCHD (i.e. BD structure, but strictly speaking AVCHDs cannot have menus), and MKV, along with a good deal more, but not relevant here.

Anyway, MakeMKV is selectable for streams. Extras will be ripped to their own separate MKVs, if you don't de-select anything. But I have to say, how many times will you want to view the extras? Old-timers here are nearly unanimous in doing main movie for their backups. Newbies tend to want full-disc backups.
    Last edited by fritzi93; 11th Feb 2010 at 17:13.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote