VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Ok, here's another problem I thought I fixed.....previously I'd rip using dvd shrink, then burn to DVD using Nero. When I got our media player ( Western Digital Hdmi) and ripped to the hard drive, when i went to play the movie, it appears as a series of vob files which have to played separately. How do you get them to combine in one file to be played without breaks ?! I unchecked the preference to break the files up in DVD shrink, but the rip stopped about 96 % through, saying here wasn't enough memory on the disc ( although there is !)..I tried it twice, and the same problem...Hmmmm.....Does the software, or alternatively the hardrive , limit folder size ? Ultimately I'm just trying to rip to single files so I can watch a seamless movie on the media player ( if dvd shrink breaks it up into 1 gb files, they appear separately on the medai player and have to be palyed one at a time...)
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Is it possible that your hard drive is formatted as FAT32 ? The reason I say that is that there is a 4GB limit on file size, and 96% would seem to be around the 4GB mark. My understanding of DVDShrink is that with that preference unticked, it will attempt to make a 4GB+ VOB file, which as explained above won't work on FAT32.

As for joining the VOBs, try this:
    http://members.dodo.com.au/~jimmalenko/test.htm
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. wdTV will play iso files so you can use imgburn to rip to a single iso file of 4.3gb and just play that.
    Corned beef is now made to a higher standard than at any time in history.
    The electronic components of the power part adopted a lot of Rubycons.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by paulpeople2476
    Ok, here's another problem I thought I fixed.....previously I'd rip using dvd shrink, then burn to DVD using Nero. When I got our media player ( Western Digital Hdmi) and ripped to the hard drive, when i went to play the movie, it appears as a series of vob files which have to played separately. How do you get them to combine in one file to be played without breaks ?! I unchecked the preference to break the files up in DVD shrink, but the rip stopped about 96 % through, saying here wasn't enough memory on the disc ( although there is !)..I tried it twice, and the same problem...Hmmmm.....Does the software, or alternatively the hardrive , limit folder size ? Ultimately I'm just trying to rip to single files so I can watch a seamless movie on the media player ( if dvd shrink breaks it up into 1 gb files, they appear separately on the medai player and have to be palyed one at a time...)
    I successfully join VOB files w/ TsSplitter to play my DVD's on my HTPC

First I use CloneDVD2, or DVDFab Platinum to rip to folder and remove unwanted audio tracks, subtitles, etc...then I join the VOB files together w/ TsSplitter w/o any compression

It makes a simple .ts stream that can be played w/ VLC, but plays w/ Nero Showtime in higher quality

ocgw

peace
    i7 2700K @ 4.4Ghz 16GB DDR3 1600 Samsung Pro 840 128GB Seagate 2TB HDD EVGA GTX 650
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic368691.html
    Quote Quote